An Explation of OVA 4 and beyond

Started by Eff Efferson, June 26, 2017, 08:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 26, 2017, 08:47:02 AM Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:18:13 AM by Fap_fapperson
Normally i would post something like this on my blog but... this needs to be written here as well because it is just that important.
This is a rant from someone who probably understands this series better then a huge chunk of the people watching it so i have to give my view on it because i keep seeing less hardcore fans confused and a bit bitter at this ova.

What is OVA 4? Why is it so ... not actioney? Why so many seina mentions?

OVA 4... is ova 3. or rather the falling action portion of ova 3...

OVA 3 was meant to be much longer AIC suddenly cut the budget and cut the whole thing short over a decade ago. I guess mihoshi's story arc just wasn't their cup of tea. OVA 3 was rushed and messy. But here's the thing about kajishima. He wrote a story. a story he wanted to tell. and he intends to tell that story exactly as he wrote it. everything written about tenchi already has all the story that will happen written into it concurrently and it's all written exactly as he planned it over a decade ago.

GXP for instance, is meant to start at the episode Operation lovey dovey and it actually runs concurrently with tenchi. to the point it has so many holes in it that without tenchi you're only getting maybe half the picture of what's really going on. the two stories are not independent spin offs but rather two puzzle pieces that fit together and fill in each others holes.

gxp episodes 1-9 are from operation lovey dovey to before ova 4. episodes 9-10 of gxp are ova 4 episode 11 of gxp is probably going to be right after the 4th episode of ova 4. and ova 5  will most likely coincide with the rest of gxp.

so what is going on with this pointless thing about rea's marriage to noboyuki... we got a small glimpse in ova 3 +1 why are we going back and expanding on it!

well... tenchi was not written with ova 3 +1 intended. that was a quick... fuck we may never get to wrap things up episode.

It should be forgotten... or rather... it... well... it's just all sorts of complicated.

i suspect what's going on is Tenchi is really not supposed to have known how his mother died yet. he is emotionally scarred from her loss. and nobuyuki's marriage to rea is supposed to mirror her funeral. obviously after words it would make sense for them to tell him how she died. but because of the emergency OVA 3 +1 episode that was spoiled. 

by the way. the last 7 minutes of that episode take place after ova 4... and so does seina's visit in gxp.

why is seina not there and neither is kiriko for that matter.... well they just got attacked by tarant shank for the first time... remember how that went?

anyways ova 4's first three episodes may be a bit ... slow but it is definitely the calm before the storm. from gxp heres what he know happens next.

next tarrant attacks tenchi, then washu goes to space to just kinda fuck around doing social experiments on ppl at the academy... then washo lays fuku and ryo ohki picks up neiju and surprises jurai with a visit. then seto has naja's memories unlocked, and then mihoshi's brain issue gets dealt with  tenchi begins to learn to use his god powers, seina visits. and then washu's son fakes his death....  tenchi finaly goes into space for once for something other then a life threatening emergency.

so i have high hopes for future episodes...

for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Thanks for the rundown, Fap.  That's very useful info.  Which reminds me, I oughta check on AstroNerdBoy's Tenchi Muyo database to see what's going on there.

June 26, 2017, 04:37:51 PM #2 Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:15:40 PM by takahata
Tarrant Shank had came to Earth before GXP's Ryo-Ohki was order by the DeRuma Space Pirate Guild to kill Seina.  There was a clue about Shank's visit to Earth. Shank and his fellow pirates run into Tenchi and the gang.  Shank's visit to Earth should have been included in the GXP series. 

I don't know the details of OVA 4's last episode.  It will be a surprise that the last episode focuses on Shank's visit to the Earth.  OVA 4 did have given us some more information about the Tenchi Muyo universe.  The nearest town to the Masaki  Family  Shrine is known as  Masaki Village.  Masaki Village is dominated by the Masaki Family. There are other families in the village. One of the families is the Yamada family. 

Masaki Village can be a town.  Since Tenchi had came to Kurashiki on a train, there is a train station in the village.  It is located on JR"S Hakubi Line.  By the timeline of War of Geminar, Masaki Village may have merged with other towns.  Still, the town may have been able to remain an independent  town by War of Geminar's time. 

There is a town call Misaki City in the Okayama Prefecture.  Since Masaki Village is close to the Hakubii Line, it is closer to Takahashi City, Japan.   It could have merged along with Takahashi into Takahashi City. 

:pcgamer: :really: :end:

June 26, 2017, 07:11:20 PM #3 Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:06:02 AM by Fap_fapperson
Quote from: takahata on June 26, 2017, 04:37:51 PM
The nearest town to the Masaki  Family  Shrine is known as  Masaki Village.  Masaki Village is dominated by the Masaki Family. There are other families in the village. One of the families is the Yamada family.

Masaki Village can be a town.  Since Tenchi had came to Kurashiki on a train, there is a train station in the village.  It is located on JR"S Habuki Line.

By the timeline of War of Geminar, Masaki Village may have merged with other towns.  Still, the town may have been able to remain an independent  town by War of Geminar's time. 

There is a town call Misaki City in the Okayama Prefecture.  Since Masaki Village is close to the Habuki Line, it is closer to Takahashi City, Japan.   It could have merged along with Takahashi into Takahashi City. 

:pcgamer: :really: :end:

actualy the yamadas live in another rural town a few miles away from misaki village that is why he is in such a rush in episode one he takes the shortcut to get there but it still takes a long while on foot.

kurashiki is confirmed as the city nobuyuki lives in in the books.

its entirely possible. at the end of paradise war the earth getting its own galactic representation so something happens to spur that on...
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Yes. Thank you for the information.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Thanks for the info!! I wish they would animate the entire series or publish it all together so we can really see it as a whole!

I can't wait to see that Anime. There is so much expansion that the gxp failed to cover.