Tenchi Muyo! 25th anniversary discussion

Started by WarOmnimon, August 09, 2017, 02:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on September 21, 2017, 05:19:53 AM
Quote from: Eboshi on September 21, 2017, 03:49:58 AM
Pretty sammy has come into crowd-funding but it isn't Kickstarter.
https://twitter.com/ryuga/status/910739186793070592

https://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/26931

Can Americans donate money?

Unfortunately it can not be done. That cloud funding is very domestic.
It is a tweet of the director of AIC, I taught him a kick starter by retweet. I can not understand his preference at all, but it will be meaningful for you to opinion.

*Looks at the crowdfunding page*

We've got initial information as well as Sasami and Misao's new designs.  Sasami has short hair in civilian form, but she has her usual hairstyle as Sammy.  Definitely seems like they're going with the magical girl motif moreso than ever here.  It also appears that the following characters are gonna show up...

-Sasami Kawai / Pretty Sammy
-Ryo-Ohki
-Misao Amano / Pixy Misa
-Tsunami
-Lamia
-Rumiya
-Tenchi
-Ryoko
-Ayeka
-Mihoshi
-Kiyone
-Washu

And one new character who has a design sketch, but they didn't note her name (She's listed with question marks).  They also show rough sketches for Sammy, Misa, Washu, Mihoshi, and Tenchi's designs.  For the most part, the character roles appear to be the same as in the original OVAs, but interestingly enough, Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka's roles are noted as question marks, which means they aren't revealing them yet.  Different roles maybe?

But yeah, it's confirmed that they're bringing Kiyone (Makibi) back!
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

September 22, 2017, 01:44:38 AM #33 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:11:13 AM by Eboshi
In Japan, Sasami's new hairstyle on Sasami (Pretty-Sammy) gets many negative claim... :Sas1:

And clumsy and domestic corporate activities of AIC seems to be because the leader have meaningless confidence.
But the ships that the captain has ever boarded has sunk or is sinking.

Quote from: Eboshi on September 22, 2017, 01:44:38 AM
In Japan, Sasami's new hairstyle on Pretty-Sammy gets many negative claim... :Sas1:

And clumsy and domestic corporate activities of AIC seems to be because the leader have meaningless confidence.

its not that bad.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on September 22, 2017, 03:02:02 AM
Quote from: Eboshi on September 22, 2017, 01:44:38 AM
In Japan, Sasami's new hairstyle on Pretty-Sammy gets many negative claim... :Sas1:

its not that bad.

As it is still in the planning stage, that short hair may change as well.

Wow Rumiya and Ramia return. Is that a sequel or just a new version of Pretty Sammy? The two adults on the group pics who seems to be Sasami's parents look like the one in TV Pretty Sammy version but Rumiya's bird form is purple likes the OVA version so I am confused.  :duck:

Quote from: Gaston on September 22, 2017, 05:29:35 AMWow Rumiya and Ramia return. Is that a sequel or just a new version of Pretty Sammy? The two adults on the group pics who seems to be Sasami's parents look like the one in TV Pretty Sammy version but Rumiya's bird form is purple likes the OVA version so I am confused.  :duck:

According to ANN, it appears to be a sequel to the OVAs, with Sasami and Misao now in middle school (Sasami is noted to be 14 years old).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-21/pretty-sammy-sequel-project-starts-crowdfunding-for-promo-video/.121678
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

Quote from: WarOmnimon on September 22, 2017, 06:40:19 AM
Quote from: Gaston on September 22, 2017, 05:29:35 AMWow Rumiya and Ramia return. Is that a sequel or just a new version of Pretty Sammy? The two adults on the group pics who seems to be Sasami's parents look like the one in TV Pretty Sammy version but Rumiya's bird form is purple likes the OVA version so I am confused.  :duck:

According to ANN, it appears to be a sequel to the OVAs, with Sasami and Misao now in middle school (Sasami is noted to be 14 years old).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-21/pretty-sammy-sequel-project-starts-crowdfunding-for-promo-video/.121678

If that a sequel, why her parents looks different?

Quote from: Gaston on September 22, 2017, 08:08:59 AMIf that a sequel, why her parents looks different?

Change of art direction.  I mean, they changed Sasami, Misa, Sammy, and Misao's looks (Sasami moreso than the others given the new hairstyle), so yeah, it's gonna be applied to the other characters, too.  Common sense basically.   :babble:

September 22, 2017, 10:28:34 AM #40 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:31:50 AM by Eboshi
There is a little announcement.
The Japanese Doujin club "Kitakirisuzume (キタキリスズメ)" is seeking contributors of Doujin regarding "Kajishima's works" to publish at Comiket 93 (C 93). Manga, Fan art, columns, comments, and research results and so on. Sexual things are forbidden.
If there are a lot of entries, I will ask the boss how many people can participate.

https://twitter.com/tenchi_zin/status/900483052106797057

http://twipla.jp/events/273981

If you are interested and have a question please contact me.
I am considering whether to ask for consultation also at DeviantArt.

September 25, 2017, 01:17:12 AM #41 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:51:05 AM by Eboshi
Today is the 25th anniversary of Tenchimuyo! Ryo-ohki!
Tenchimuyo! Ryo-ohki OVA1 episode1 released on 25 September 1992.

Thanks and blessings to all fans and officials and Kajishima Masaki-san!

Quote from: Eboshi on September 25, 2017, 01:17:12 AM
Today is the 25th anniversary of Tenchimuyo! Ryo-ohki!
Tenchimuyo! Ryo-ohki OVA1 episode1 released on 25 September 1992.

Thanks and blessings to all fans and officials and Kajishima Masaki-san!

It's hard to think that the series is this old now! The SNES was Nintendo's hottest product in 1992, George H. W. Bush was president, and the Soviet Union hadn't been dissolved for more than a year yet.

"Somebody should do something about this!"

Man, 25 years, that's amazing, I was only 5 at the time, geez where does the time go. I wouldn't watch anime until 3 years later, when I caught an episode of Dragonball at my grandparents house. Hell, I'm impressed that I can remember something so random from my childhood

YTV (the Canadian version of Nickalodeon), started showing a lot of anime in the mid-'90's, but I had to catch a lot "older" shows like Tenchi by going online.

Man, watching anime is different nowadays, but TM is probably still the king of harem anime. DxD and To-Love-Ru may be raunchier, but they wouldn't exist without Tenchi.