OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dreamr on July 29, 2021, 08:03:47 PM
This also leads us to what about Funaho-ki?

Has it ever been clearly stated that the tree is rooted in earthian soil and not still in the core unit-put-underground? In case of the former, what is the chance of yosho simply saying tha to get Jurai off his back, so to speak?
understanding is a three-edged sword
metaphorically . metaphysically . literally

Finally watched the final episode tonight and really enjoyed it. I would have liked to have seen a proper wedding for Tenchi and the girls, but this episode was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be.

One thing that I think has been a problem for this show forever now is that it is hard to properly see the passage of time since nobody really ages. None of the adults age since they are pretty much immortal gods, so that's fine. The problem is that the children don't age properly. How much time passed between OVA 1 and OVA 3 and Sasami looked exactly the same? Throughout this OVA Kenshi had 2 builds, 6-years-old and 15-years-old. Episode 6 starts with Kenshi looking like he does in War on Geminar, then there is a time skip of a few years and Kenshi looks exactly the same. Not a huge deal, but it makes it even harder to make sense of when things are supposed to be happening.

Overall though this OVA was really great. Here's hoping there is an OVA 6 on the horizon.

August 12, 2021, 06:29:58 PM #692 Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 03:37:25 PM by Nonsuch Ned
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on August 12, 2021, 12:03:20 AM

One thing that I think has been a problem for this show forever now is that it is hard to properly see the passage of time since nobody really ages. None of the adults age since they are pretty much immortal gods, so that's fine. The problem is that the children don't age properly. How much time passed between OVA 1 and OVA 3 and Sasami looked exactly the same?
Actually, only about two years between the beginning of OVA 1 (August 1992) and the wedding of Nobuyuki and Rea (September 1994)- so, not SO bad.

QuoteThroughout this OVA Kenshi had 2 builds, 6-years-old and 15-years-old. Episode 6 starts with Kenshi looking like he does in War on Geminar, then there is a time skip of a few years and Kenshi looks exactly the same. Not a huge deal, but it makes it even harder to make sense of when things are supposed to be happening.

Overall though this OVA was really great. Here's hoping there is an OVA 6 on the horizon.

But yeah... the last episode went from Ryoko's pregnancy to "Tenko" being a walking toddler.

I blame animation shortcuts. The most obvious reused stuff was between Kenshi's two shown Banjo Island fight courses with the PW girls, but I'm sure they were doing a lot of it elsewhere.
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on July 26, 2021, 09:50:10 PM
I know this is quite early, but does anyone have any info on anything important added to the OVA5 novel translation included in the vol. 6 special edition?

Someone who doesn't add much made an update to the Tsunami wiki page that describes details supposedly in OVA5 (a discussion about using the Tsunami ship as a possible training ground) but it's nowhere in the anime.

(other idea- was it maybe a discussion in one of the audio dramas? I remember catching one on YT, it was just a informal chat with Tokimi and others... but I don't remember the details, and can't find them now-- probably takedown victims)

12,000 yen:
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1169606164&ref=list&keyword=Tenchi%20Muyo!%20Ryo-Ohki&lang=en

Interesting take on the original promo image for the cover:

I have the novel, I haven't had the cash to get it scanned for Eff to do translation work. I am working on it. Hopefully by the end of the September.

Thanks a lot for helping out Ricin.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

So the OVAs for Dai-5 Ki have already ended but we're still nowhere near being able to see a glimpse of GXP's last volume. I wonder if it'll ever come out.

Last Volume that was out was volume 17.

I think he paused work on the Novels for OVA 5. I would not be suprised if he goes back to work in 2022.

Quote from: fyr on August 05, 2021, 07:07:44 AM
Quote from: Dreamr on July 29, 2021, 08:03:47 PM
This also leads us to what about Funaho-ki?

Has it ever been clearly stated that the tree is rooted in earthian soil and not still in the core unit-put-underground? In case of the former, what is the chance of yosho simply saying tha to get Jurai off his back, so to speak?

Repeating the same method Washu showed Ayeka might help, but then to go to the trouble wouldn't Washu go back on her word about building multiple Ryo-Ohkis?

I don't get how GXP could be finalized in a single volume, especially with the the rather tedious pace of novel 17 (getting rich farming magic dirt-pigs, making friends with little kids you'll never see again, visiting the library, slowly learning magic, super sloppy Jovia intro [the fault of the robo-translation]).

So, he'll have to join an adventuring group, master magic, join the army as a scrub, figure out what's up with the new AI girl stuck in his head/skin (never hinted at in the OVA or PW), marry Airen and Jovia, have Kiriko join the adventuring group, finally leave the planet... win a war, marry 8 more girls.
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on January 18, 2022, 09:44:22 AM
I don't get how GXP could be finalized in a single volume, especially with the the rather tedious pace of novel 17 (getting rich farming magic dirt-pigs, making friends with little kids you'll never see again, visiting the library, slowly learning magic, super sloppy Jovia intro [the fault of the robo-translation]).

So, he'll have to join an adventuring group, master magic, join the army as a scrub, figure out what's up with the new AI girl stuck in his head/skin (never hinted at in the OVA or PW), marry Airen and Jovia, have Kiriko join the adventuring group, finally leave the planet... win a war, marry 8 more girls.

well i dont know if you realise this but volume 15 was rediculously large and long and volume 16 and 17 are actually supposed to be the same book... aso each book is about 2 and a half books long. the next one coming out will likely be huge too. :/ i cant see it ending in one but he was complaining about that... maybe two at best. he really needs around 6 books to do a full 13 episode arc (7 now cause of the incedent with 15 16)
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Someone on the wiki posted something interesting.
the following picture in the Kenshi picture gallery with the caption
"OVA "Tenchi Muyo! (Volume 6) of "The King of the Kings" Blu-ray Special Edition"

Huh?
...in my pants

The first release of all the OVA 5 episodes came with little booklets. I assume that is a page from the episode 6 booklet.

December 27, 2022, 04:07:39 PM #702 Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 04:16:35 PM by Dreamr
Check it out: OAV 5 is on Amazon.co.jp. Found the link on the Tenchi 5th website.
http://tenchimuyo5th.com/index.html#
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B09PNTRLZN

Also, found the kinetics website. Be advised, my chrome browser slows to a crawl fo rsome reason when on their site.
https://kinematics.jp/tenchi-gxp/index.html

Well, what do you know? They also have Photon, Agga Rueter, OAV4, and Masquerade. Be advised, clicking the links for Agga Rueter or Masquerade WILL take you to a NSFW site.

Well, this is interesting. I was rewatching OAV5 for the idk how many-nth time, and I noticed EXNOAat the very end of the credits.
Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-ohki 5th Series Production Committee:
GK EXNOA
Happinet Phantom Studio Co., Ltd.
Pony Canyon Enterprise Co., Ltd.

AIC was credited for Animation Production, as well as copyright, along with Masaki Kajishima. Figured I'd mention it since the topic of ownership and EXNOA have been coming up a lot lately.

A~and we're now into 2023 and still no news of GxP final volume. I heard there's going to be a new GxP anime too? How long is that one gonna take? I'll be a grandpa by that time.  :stonk: