A question about Dual....

Started by deadspacepirate, March 13, 2022, 10:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, as I understand it, Dual happens WAY in the past on a world like ours called Terra where Mistuki Sanada, Yayoi, Mitsuki Rara  and Kazuki Yotsuga and the battle between Zinv and AIMC happens....um do they build the Zinv way back when or do they uncover it like in the anime?  Also it kinda boggles my mind that Terra in the distant past looks like earth.  Are  they ancient humans or something? I get the idea of ancient astronauts or colonists arriving on other planets, it just boggles my mind that the precursor race started like us. 

their the great prehistoric cizilization they got trees from tsunami and proceeded to accidently nuke the universe to ruin. the ones with zinv had their own first gen seed and wanted nothing to do with that so they flrd and their ship crashed into terra where humans were and they ancient aliened themselfs as gods and then infought till they wiped eachother out which is a very typical ancient aliens interpretation of annunaki lore

https://tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com/2017/03/night-before-carnival-vol3-heisei-ban-3.html

. In this case these two worlds, they were one universe with the same places and people until it split into two universes. This happened when a robot was discovered on one of the earth's and because of  that our protagonist kazuki yotsuga doesn't exist in that world.

The year 19XX. a mysterious plate was found in both worlds while working on a subway construction site by a construction worker . The two Earths were divided by the behavior of the construction worker. in one reality one of them discarded the plate he picked up as garbage and in the other he stashed it and casually brought it home. The plate held by that worker was brought to the nearby university and confirmed to be made from a special metal by two young genius scientists, Professors Rara and Sanada.

And at that time, the two started investigating the metals for the sake of their personal interests, when they began hearing a strange sound from the site of the underground construction; And when they  finally excavated it everyone heard it.

The sound was gradually becoming more and more prominent until their country had no choice but to investigate it. They used an excavation technique that was far ahead of the two scientists scientific power in the form of a huge drill(i may be wrong on the specifics of that sentence).

A huge spaceship was found deep in the ground further under the place where the pre-discovered plate artifact was found. Rara and Sanada were the first people, outside of the members of the civilization that created the ship, whom were able to enter the ship.

When others tried to enter after them,  they were  unable to get  into the ship or to make it to do anything, the first artifact was a kind of passport.

It was only a few years after they found the ship that it was discovered that the first artifact plate was the key.

(and it may have also been a rosetta stone of sorts to decode the alien

language. I am unsure about this. these lines are a bit hard for me to understand.)

As a result of the investigation, it was discovered that the large ship was a spaceship, but the engine and technology for outer space travel and navigation were destroyed.

They also found giant machines onboard the ship.
For some reason The computer units on board that controlled these machines only responded to women. Although the reason behind that was unknown, it seemed that it was due to some biological reaction with their genes that was used as a key.

One night a team of surveyors came from a foreign country and things took a serious turn. Dr. Rara took the ship for himself, and their female assistant, Ayuko Kanama boarded and ran off with him.

However, as a result of the large ship being moved, another small ship was discovered beneath it. And there was a robot that was stored in the smaller ship. ( ZINV was stored in the small ship and HIMC in the large sized ship. Only a person with a characteristics unique to a singular point ( I.E who only exists in one reality like the Mitsuki's or Kazuki) can move them if they aren't one of the aliens who were the owners of the ruins.

Twenty-two years later, the evil  Rara army, were able to take off the gene key and so they formed giant robot army that could be piloted by either man or woman  and they declared  their intent to conquer the world (muwahahahaha). Dr. Sanada who was a friend of Dr. Rara knew his personality, so he was able to hack into their computers passwords and copy some of the science data secretly from Rara's network. But ultimately most of it was pointless.

Pilots on the side of the Earth defence force were able to use the dozens of spare computer units that were stored in the small ship to combat the rara army, but all the pilots on the Sanada side had to be female.

for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I like to separate the two early civilizations in two terms that are basically synonymous terms, but keeps it straight in my head.

"The Great Precursor Civilization" is the first one, they got a couple seeds from Tsunami, bound Washu in her prison, stole her gems to make the bioroids that sparked the galactic wars that destroyed their civilization. It was refugees from this group that took ZINV and HIMC to the first Earth/Terra, As described above.

"The Great Prehistoric Civilization" is the civilization built by Terra/Earth when Kazuki and the rest went off in space and spurned a new age of galactic conquest.

There's also an aspect of the story that has been used many times in Science Fiction about "Seeding." Most known by modern nerds from the Star Trek TNG episode, The Chase.
In which a civilization, when it realizes that it's heading into a downfall, will seed proto-planets with their DNA, assuring that their species will survive and redevelop on planets throughout known space. The Great PC weren't the first to seed humanity in the galaxy, but were the first, and were so successful that they could produce near identical planets to their own and pass on cultural artifacts as well, meaning technology, foods, and culture, would redevelop in similar ways.
The Wau are also a less prominent seeded race.

The planet where Seina finds Zinv (and D's astral) could be the original planet - OR the "Mars" of their galaxy- as Eff's translation reveals that the entire solar system resembles Easrth's Solar System, down to the composition of the 8-9 planets- but Seina goes to the 4th planet, not the 3rd.

There's also a planet in The Renza system called "Terra" where ancient mecha tech were found littered all over- that could be Dual's Terra/Earth as well.
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on March 14, 2022, 11:56:40 AM
I like to separate the two early civilizations in two terms that are basically synonymous terms, but keeps it straight in my head.

"The Great Precursor Civilization" is the first one, they got a couple seeds from Tsunami, bound Washu in her prison, stole her gems to make the bioroids that sparked the galactic wars that destroyed their civilization. It was refugees from this group that took ZINV and HIMC to the first Earth/Terra, As described above.

"The Great Prehistoric Civilization" is the civilization built by Terra/Earth when Kazuki and the rest went off in space and spurned a new age of galactic conquest.

There's also an aspect of the story that has been used many times in Science Fiction about "Seeding." Most known by modern nerds from the Star Trek TNG episode, The Chase.
In which a civilization, when it realizes that it's heading into a downfall, will seed proto-planets with their DNA, assuring that their species will survive and redevelop on planets throughout known space. The Great PC weren't the first to seed humanity in the galaxy, but were the most prolific, and were so successful that they could produce near identical planets to their own and pass on cultural artifacts as well, meaning technology, foods, and culture, would redevelop in similar ways.
The Wau are also a less prominent seeded race.

The planet where Seina finds Zinv (and D's astral) could be the original planet - OR the "Mars" of their galaxy- as Eff's translation reveals that the entire solar system resembles Easrth's Solar System, down to the composition of the 8-9 planets- but Seina goes to the 4th planet, not the 3rd.

There's also a planet in The Renza system called "Terra" where ancient mecha tech were found littered all over- that could be Dual's Terra/Earth as well.
...in my pants