GXP Anime Discussion

Started by AstroNerdBoy, December 22, 2022, 10:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 22, 2022, 10:17:41 PM Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 08:50:21 PM by Dr.Soviet
Not a lot of details, other than AIC doesn't seem to be involved. EXNOA in in charge of production. Never heard of them.

I thought I pasted the link. Bloody heck! Thanks for posting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu5yAcDOtaw
Ad on the Kinematics youtube channel.

From what I gathered, Kinematics is the actual animation studio developing the new show, EXNOA owns Kinematics, and google says that EXNOA is a video game company that used to be called DMM Games. Kinematics only has a few anime credits it seems, and they are all for CG animation. So here is hoping we don't get a low budget CG GXP anime.

Kinematics credits: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=13708

December 23, 2022, 11:40:33 AM #5 Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 12:27:41 PM by GP cadet 87
WOOOOO! It's HAPPENING! Sure, a part of me is afraid that this will  be shit, but that stupid non-canon show will finally be wiped from existence!

Even better, light novel distribution companies might be interested in picking up the series if the show does well!

Edit: Damn, I jumped the gun. It looks like the Paradise War novels (or at least the beginning arc) are being told from Seina's perspective, which is why it's  being called a 'GXP project'

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/12/22-1/tenchi-muyo-gxp-anime-gets-30th-anniversary-series

Still great news though. The fact that Seina looks older but has his GXP uniform brings a smile to my face.

Edit 2: The more I think about it, the more excited I get. Not only will continue the GXP storyline, we will be watching ALL NEW MATERIAL, that even Japan's Tenchi fans have not seen yet!

December 23, 2022, 02:44:33 PM #6 Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 02:49:37 PM by WarOmnimon
Called it! I figured that if we were getting something new, it would be either Tenchi Muyo! GXP or Paradise War related... and as it turns out, it's related to both, LOL.

It's also worth noting something else in the link from Natalie that was already posted by Ryo-Okay... we actually got a Tenchi Muyo! 30th anniversary logo, ladies and gents! There are two versions of it in that post, one gold plated and the other plain black. *Proceeds to change his profile photo*
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: WarOmnimon on December 23, 2022, 02:44:33 PM
Called it! I figured that if we were getting something new, it would be either Tenchi Muyo! GXP or Paradise War related... and as it turns out, it's related to both, LOL.

I was hoping for novels to be adapted, but that would run contrary to what Kajishima-sensei does. The only thing he has ever redone is GXP in novel form, making story changes as needed. Everything else Kajishima-sensei has done has been original. So while I was hoping for a Paradise War adaptation, I don't think we'll get it. Instead, we'll get this GXP prelude, taking place after the GXP novels, but before the Paradise Wars novels.

Unless I'm very much mistaken here.

This is great but, I thought that Toei own the rights to AIC material and I'm not seeing that mentioned anywhere here?

Quote from: deadspacepirate on December 24, 2022, 06:38:41 AM
This is great but, I thought that Toei own the rights to AIC material and I'm not seeing that mentioned anywhere here?
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that! It is quite interesting that Toei isn't mentioned in any of this given that they own the rights. I was about to mention that just now, but you beat me to it, LOL.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

An incredible christmas gift. :discoursechef:

Hope the main Tenchi cast is going to be a decent part of it seeing as they're featured pretty prominently in the trailer. Sasami looks to be a teen again so I guess we know the time period it takes place in.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on December 22, 2022, 11:49:15 PM
google says that EXNOA is a video game company that used to be called DMM Games. Kinematics only has a few anime credits it seems, and they are all for CG animation. So here is hoping we don't get a low budget CG GXP anime.

That'd mean they're the same people responsible for making that short lived Bridal Wars mobile game. Kajishima must have really hit it off, with a couple people there, back when they commissioned those original character cards. Tho that game didn't last long and no one outside Japan got to enjoy it, it certainly looked fun. So I guess it's in better hands than it'd be at AIC.

Quote from: shades of blue on December 26, 2022, 09:54:12 AM
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on December 22, 2022, 11:49:15 PM
google says that EXNOA is a video game company that used to be called DMM Games. Kinematics only has a few anime credits it seems, and they are all for CG animation. So here is hoping we don't get a low budget CG GXP anime.

That'd mean they're the same people responsible for making that short lived Bridal Wars mobile game. Kajishima must have really hit it off, with a couple people there, back when they commissioned those original character cards. Tho that game didn't last long and no one outside Japan got to enjoy it, it certainly looked fun. So I guess it's in better hands than it'd be at AIC.

holy shit he's alive, was thinking about you the other day.

Quote from: deadspacepirate on December 24, 2022, 06:38:41 AM

I think Kajishima-sensei owns the copyrights to Tenchi stuff now. He gets credited as a copyright owner, and that was true for the True Tenchi Muyo! novels I adapted. I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean that AIC loses the rights over the stuff they produced. Subsequently, Toei owns 50% of that. However, if Kajishima-sensei outright owns the Tenchi Muyo! copyright, and he no longer has an agreement with AIC, then he can get any company he wants to produce his stuff. And considering how bad things were for AIC, I'm not surprised he went elsewhere.

Also, Kajishima-sensei may not have wanted to deal with Toei.

Quote from: Tensami on December 25, 2022, 06:36:00 PM
Hope the main Tenchi cast is going to be a decent part of it seeing as they're featured pretty prominently in the trailer. Sasami looks to be a teen again so I guess we know the time period it takes place in.

In anime terms, between OVA 4 and OVA 5 is what I'm hearing. All of the anime clips in the promotional video were taken from both of those series. That too suggests that Kajishima-sensei has copyright control over Tenchi in order to use AIC video.

While I'm still excited for this new GXP series, as I mentioned in a video on my other YouTube channel, expect a high entry bar, especially if the GXP series is set after the entire novel run.

Comiket is only a few days away, so hopefully we'll get a bit more info then.