New Kajishima Series: Paradise War

Started by Dr.Soviet, January 26, 2013, 12:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on January 29, 2013, 12:03:37 AM
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on January 26, 2013, 07:19:01 PM

Why not? He loves messing with us.

Masaki Kajishima getting Tenchi fans hopes up just to see their tears...

(That's Kaji in the back)

Accurate.

More info now available, thanks to 2CH & ANB.

Quote from: http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/2013/01/tenchi-muyo-ryo-ohkis-kajishima-masaki.html
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki's KAJISHIMA Masaki Has a New Project - Paradise War

OK, this news is a bit old, though I did get it up on the new, "not ready for prime time" FAQ site.  KAJISHIMA Masaki-sensei, the creator of the Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki series and subsequent canon spinoffs like Tenchi Muyo! GXP and Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar, has announced in the recently published 9th GXP novel that he has a new novel coming out entitled Paradise War. The following (from an anonymous source) is the translation from the front cover insert:

On southern island, girls await.

"Paradise War"

Created by: Kajishima Masaki
    Written by: Mizuki Hiro
    Illustrator: Enami Katsumi

New series by "Tenchi Muyo!" creator Kajishima Masaki on sale Spring 2013 from Kodansha Ranobe Bunko [Light Novel Paperbacks]

Synopsis

High-school student Kakegoma Shou unexpectedly has to migrate to a southern island. Reluctanty putting his life on hold, he's off to the southern island of Banjou-shima. With its deep blue sky without a single cloud, lush green forests and translucent emerald blue sea, it is truly a southern paradise.

Landing in the foreign land ahead of his family, he meets four beautiful girls exuding local exotic aura. Getting to rub shoulders with the girls, the southern island is looking not half bad... but just as he has that thought, an error is found in immigration proceedings, forcing Shou to cope on Banjou-shima on his own.

And at this peaceful paradise, contact with an alien civilization!?

Further comments from the source:

The MC's name can be interpreted as "Shogi piece", but also as "general on galloping horse". The island is "board-top" or more meaningfully "board game island" or, if you prefer, "disc-top" or even "saucer-top". These readings of the names of the MC and the island are no more than educated guesses. The MC's first name has more than a dozen possibilities, in this context I picked the most Shogi-themed one. One of the possible readings is Masa, fitting the customary Masaki theme. The "alien" civilization is literally "unknown", there's no direct allusion to space.

The 2ch guy doesn't include the opening, he just hints that we can enjoy this without worrying about jailbait, because these beauties look young physically but were born hundreds of years ago. No way to tell from his phrasing if this applies to all of them. Frankly it would seem a little strange to blurt a plot point like this out in the first few paragraphs. In any case this is not a direct quote from the ad.

Mizuki Hiro lives at http://twitter.com/Hiro_mizuki
    Enami Katsumi lives at http://enamikatsumi.blog92.fc2.com/

Some of us think that Kajishima-sensei gave us a preview of the characters in Kamidake Onsen 10 (2010).  I'm publishing images from that doujinshi.

And for those curious, the cover of GXP volume 9.

No word from Comiket 83 (Winter 2012) on any news from his doujinshi, though word is that Kajishima-sensei did attend.

Also, there's no word on whether this is also the anime title Kajishima-sensei was working on getting the approval to produce.  It is possible that it is, but it is also possible that Paradise War is something completely separate.

Again, thanks to everyone who alerted me to this and to the anonymous translator for their work. ^_^

BTW I think those two girls in the bathing suits are actually Lashura & Maria.

You mean you didn't think that was them? I immediately took it as them, just maybe older or something.

January 30, 2013, 12:28:47 PM #18 Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:32:23 PM by جبريل 無道
Quote from: shades of blue on January 30, 2013, 11:41:19 AMBTW I think those two girls in the bathing suits are actually Lashura & Maria.

I know some people who will be very happy with this news.

Now I just have to deliver it to them

:laugh:

P.S. I wonder why MK needs an illustrator?
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

January 30, 2013, 01:03:05 PM #19 Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 01:08:04 PM by shades of blue
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on January 30, 2013, 12:22:49 PM
You mean you didn't think that was them? I immediately took it as them, just maybe older or something.

Well, I always assumed it was them. However someone else apparently didn't. Because when someone else also came to the conclusion that the girls on Konsen10's cover were likely the cast of Kaji's new title, that person lumped that image with it. :yoshi:

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on January 30, 2013, 12:28:47 PM
P.S. I wonder why MK needs an illustrator?
The publisher probably just randomly assigned one to the project. For whatever reason it doesn't seem like there's a lot of collaboration between most light novel writers & the illustrators, to the point the two appear randomly grouped together. Or at least from what I've noticed. Thou it could simply be that the author Kajishima hired to write it has a preference for that artist. :emot-iiam:

Yea that's like how the illustrator for Boku wa Tomodachi is the same guy for that series with the Chick with the blue hair who's always wrapped in that futon....Denpa Onna is the name.....Buriki is his name

The anime for both series look so familar too...even though they are animated by two different studios. Can really see the influence of the original creator's art in both...

Thanks for the news, Shades of Blue. (Almost rhymes.)

I hope this is made into an anime because I feel MK could capture that tropical, peaceful, beautiful feeling... that dreamlike feeling. It's slow, in a way.

Still, I'd rather he make InSM2 or TM!R4.

Good news.  I hope that it will turn into an anime series.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

[insert Kaji-sensei-fan freak-out here] [ :fuck: ]

wait... I'm, like, the last person to find out about this.

[insert getting-really-depressed-about-being-behind here]

My gosh I suck at this whole fandom thing, don't I?  ^_^;

...[insert LEVEL TWO KAJI-SENSEI-FAN FREAK-OUT here]