Kiyone's funeral

Started by takahata, April 16, 2013, 06:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 16, 2013, 06:56:25 PM Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 04:15:17 PM by takahata
While I was doing some research for a fanfiction story, I have stumble upon some printed copies of a reply from Ayeka's Bliss.  The reply focus on Kiyone's funeral.  The printed copy contain an afterword which its source was Omatsuri Zenjitsu No Voru GXP Ban #17. The reply contain important information on  some of the females who attended Kiyone's funeral.  The first image in this topic focus on Kiyone's funeral.  The next two images are associated with the afterword.

Katsuhito                 Lady Seto
Tennyo Minaho Airi Cousin Tenchi's Aunt
Kasumi
Kirko,   Tsukiko Rea's mother?

Masaki Tsukiko
Masaki Kiriko, Masaki (Magma) Airi

Masaki Minaho, Cousin, Masaki  Kasumi,  Masaki Tennyo

Kasumi Masaki is the mother of Tenchi's second cousin Taro.

The identity of the blue hair female is unknown. 

Rea's mother did attend the funeral.

Rea was allow to attend the wake because she was close to Kiyone.

I will like further information on the afterword.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on April 16, 2013, 07:35:55 PM
:sotw: :sotw: :sotw:

http://www.uselesstenchi.org/Forum/index.php?topic=18.0

Thanks for the information.  When I check the illustration of the wake, Lady Seto was wearing a vail.  In the image of Kiyone's wake, we can barely notice Lady Seto wearing a vail.

online photo storage

Minaho is very pretty here, often she isn't drawn that well ._.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

So Tennyo's hair color got changed? Just to swap out with her mom or like that Ayeka manga hair color change thing?

Pretty sure her hair is naturally grey too. As her hair is grey when she's in space. She just switched it to brown for earth's public schooling & her mother's funeral. In part to avoid confusing Tenchi and in part due to customs & public appearances. At Kiyone's funeral Tsukiko appears in brown hair too, yet GXP9's cover showed us her hair is in fact blue.

Tennyo & Gyokuren

Tsukiko & Kiriko

It's strange that all the Masakis (even more distant ones like Kiriko) inherited Yosho's eye color or a few shades from it... except for Tenchi and his dad.

It's like dominant for females, recessive for males?
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Tennyo had likely change the color of her hair to brown only for the funeral.  Tennyo looks a lot like her own mother.  Her hair color is the same as her mother Kiyone.  Tennyo had told Tenchi and the others how she had stood in for her mother on occasion.  Tennyo's reason for changing her hair color was primary as a way to help her little brother Tenchi. The young Tenchi could have mistaken Tennyo for his mother.

Quote from: takahata on April 16, 2013, 06:56:25 PM

Masaki Minaho, Cousin, Masaki  Kasumi,  Masaki Tennyo

I am puzzle  by  the blue hair woman.  I do think that she is related to Tenchi.  She is either Minaho's daughter, another cousin, or Tenchi's second sister.  I do suspect that Tenchi has other siblings.  At the present time, Tennyo is Tenchi's only known sibling.

:progamer:

If you mean Kiriko's mother, probably descended from Yosho x Kasumi's line.  Minaho has no children AFAIK (is she even married?)

QuoteMinaho has no children AFAIK (is she even married?)

Nope.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: shades of blue on April 20, 2013, 11:30:11 PM
Tennyo & Gyokuren

So is it that MK can't figure out what color Tennyo/Kiyone's eyes should be, or did the studio just fuck it up when they made them gray in OVA 3? The sudden gray eyes always kinda bothered me.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on April 23, 2013, 08:50:58 AM
If you mean Kiriko's mother, probably descended from Yosho x Kasumi's line.  Minaho has no children AFAIK (is she even married?)

Minaho isn't married, but supposedly she's betrothed to Kanemitsu Hirata's newborn son. However it's probably just a means of her and his wife trying to get under his skin. I should also point out that Hirata is substituting for his wife as Admiral of the 7th Fleet while she is on maternity leave.

All according to an English translation of this page:

Was meaning to post that, but forgot where that picture was. Thanks for the find SF1.

I've always would have loved for her to join in on the Harem, she seems to have free time with nothing else going on anyway. Though Yosho might have a fit seeing his direct grandson piping his daughter. Even though incest is cool for Jurai, that might be a little TOO incestuous.

Okay, so, who is the woman with dark green hair next to Tsukiko, the black-haired woman to Airi's side, and the lady in the black veil?

Not known yet....not enough information on them.

Might not be anyone important or just random Earth Masaki members.