[AiTM] Are the new characters deliberately like the TM cast?

Started by جبريل 無道, December 07, 2014, 02:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 07, 2014, 02:29:45 PM Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:07:54 AM by جبريل 無道
Momo is just like Sasami.  She's innocent, can cook well (according to a recent episode), everyone likes her, she's the cute one, her relationship with Beni is kinda like Sasami with Mihoshi in ep7 Night of the Carnival, and Momo is also often the only consistently nice one to Tenchi and seems to have a thing for him.  Also shown as a little kid in the past.

Beni is like Ryoko.  This was explicitly shown.  Troublemaker past and super strength and all that.  Well, the tough side of the personality plus the soft side for Momo.

Hachiko.  I can't place really place her.  If Ayeka had an analog, this would be her.  Ayeka uses wooden logs, she uses wooden swords.  Ayeka and Sasami act as a pair as sisters.  Hachiko is attached to Momo.  She fell in love with Tenchi after first disliking him, like Ayeka.  Played a prince, Ayeka is a princess.  Both have very conservative dress.

Yuki.  It's fairly obvious that she is a lot like Little Washu in both personality, body style, and the whole science thing.

Ukan.  She's a bit like adult Washu, I suppose.  Reminiscent hair color and personality, although it can be generic older woman personality too.

Rui.  (Blue Hair).  She's a lot like Mihoshi in various ways.

Hana (orange haire) and Touri (green hair) don't seem modeled on anyone.

I wonder if the reason for these similiarities will at all get alluded to in the last weeks, perhaps they are all in an AU already and these are their AU selves (?!), or maybe it's just a case of big cast, lots of overlap?
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Maybe it has a twist about that in later episodes, but for me they are mostly archetypes I see in a lot an anime so I don't think they necessary equal the Tenchi girls but maybe I think it because I saw a lot more anime than you. For me, the Tenchi girls do with common trait with archetypes girls in anime but they are well-developed enough to be original and memorable.

Since Momo and her guardian were temporal castaways, you might be seeing clues to who their parents were. Nothing aired so far establishes Momo as being from the "Present".

Momo is a lot like Noike from the Ryo-Ohki series,  and Sayuka from Tenchi in Tokyo.  Washu is a lot like Universe's Washu, a mad scientist. If Washu of Ryo-Ohki was in the series, she will have to explain to her sister Lady Tokimi over why she has been experimenting with time.  It will strange that AI's Washu from trying to proof of the existence of the Chousin Goddesses.

Quote from: Emile_Khadaji on December 08, 2014, 02:13:11 PM
Since Momo and her guardian were temporal castaways, you might be seeing clues to who their parents were. Nothing aired so far establishes Momo as being from the "Present".

I figured since the one Beni with baby Momo on Jurai episode aired, that it was a strong possibility that Tenchi x Ryoko were her parents.  The design fits well enough.

Momo may be the daughter of Sasami or Ayeka with someone (eww, Seiryu)... but it doesn't explain the other girls, unless Mihoshi is married to Washu and Sasami and they got Yuki and Rui in turn.  And I know that didn't happen.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

The other kids at this school could be children from other Jurai descended parents stationed on Earth to guard Tenchi and his family.

Since all the noncast girls are shown as regular Japanese hair colors/dyes (this isn't super unusual in anime, but it's a nice in-universe explanation) and that they were in the past, distinct possibility.