OAV4 Announced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by جبريل 無道, March 29, 2015, 09:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have the pages been scanned yet, especially Kajishima-sensei's note at the end?

Interesting. . .
Thought that I might be feeling a bit of excitement in anticipation of this 4th OAV. Whatever's to be in store for the audience after the 3rd OAV won't be better than the 3rd OAV, I do speculate. The 3rd OAV is the best OAV.
But, curious about this, though. . .  :iron:
⚆_⚆

I refuse to get excited yet because I don't want to be disappointed. But I would like for there to be an OVA 4, and I'd like it to be longer than the standard six episodes (which is what I'd hoped for in OVA 3), and I'd like it to pull in the elements from the -If- doujinshi titles.

Just to clear things up, The announcement is NOT official yet it's just Kaji saying hey yo I'm working on it until AIC puts out a press release there won't be much to talk about.

@Astro, As far as -if- story elements I would say it's high, supporting evidence would be the fact that Kaji has put "Shin Ayeka",Teenage Sasami, Adult? Ryo-ohki and Adult Neju in that game which all appeared in -if- I can't see them being just random additions to the game ether unless it was gonna be to promote something.

One thing I always give credit to Kaji for is the man is consistent. He has the idea in his head, and for the most part that's exactly what we get one way or another.

Least he's not like some OTHER creator who is acting like an ass taking a favorite character and making him weak as shit only capable of now going super saiyan 1, and the other 2 get some bullshit blue and red hair color swap power up garbage.

One is completing his story, the other is fucking his up

My understanding of the -If- doujinshi was to make it like a storyboard in order to get AIC to greenlight the project (whatever he was wanting to do) and to give Kajishima-sensei some flexibility if he needed to make story changes. 

Well, we'll see what happens.

If this series is produced, and successful, I would love for another TV series based on his GXP novels, and yet another based on his Azusa, Yosho, and Washu prequels.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on March 29, 2015, 12:49:04 PM
Quote from: Gaston on March 29, 2015, 12:36:09 PM
I guess they would see a new OVA as a proof AITM was so great that saved the franchise and the only reason why OVA 4 is made (if that turn out the announcement is a new OVA) is because how AITM is so a masterpiece.

Surprisingly accurate :smith:
I'm betting the browser game is a big influence on current franchise interest.  :emot-iiam:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on March 30, 2015, 06:56:57 AM
I'm betting the browser game is a big influence on current franchise interest.  :emot-iiam:

Given Ai Tenchi's crashing ratings (going by Nicovideo's viewing figures and Google Trends) and anemic sales figures of just north 1,000 copies per volume, and just lack of fanart on the Japanese/American sites, I'd think so unless there is something I'm missing about the business arrangement it had.  I don't know any way to measure it, but there has been a lot more twitter photo posts after the game was announced January 7 than there was during Ai Tenchi's run from Oct 7 to the new year.  The only thing is that Google Trends hasn't shown much uptick from the game either....

I'm actually surprised that AIC is doing anything new Tenchi at all right after that showing.  I was thinking they'd quash the franchise or sell it cheap to someone else way before we'd see a new Tenchi Muyo Ryoohki.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.