What do YOU wanna see in OVA 4?

Started by Dr.Soviet, April 17, 2015, 02:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: antvasima on October 19, 2015, 10:51:55 AM
Me too. I would also like to see the GXP anime redone based on the GXP novels. Nabeshin messed it up something fierce.

Yes, this as well. (And I like Nabeshin, but he does like to inject himself into his projects -- or did back in the day, since I don't know what he's up to these days.)

I definitely would like Aeka to have more story time in this ova. I feel as though she had the least of it out of all of the girls in the third one.

I have written a list of what I want to see in OVA 4.  I want to include Sasami going to school.  One of Sasami's reasons for going to school is  meeting people around her age.  She makes a couple of friends whom Sasami can trust to keep a secret or two. Likely, Washu will use a way which allows Sasami's friends to keep secrets.

I do want Tenchi to be a ronin.  There has to be some reasons for explaining Tenchi became a ronin. One reason is focus on a little incident which happen to occurred on the day when the Okayama University entrance exams were schedule.

Tenchi becoming a ronin is only too easy to explain - with all the insanity that has been going on, even with Noike's help, Tenchi never had a chance to study for the entrance exams.

Tenchi dropped out of school entirely in OAV1 (after ep2), in large part because of what Ryoko did in ep1, and that he was concerned that Ayeka and Ryoko would follow him and cause more trouble.  I think the first episode of OAV3 even addressed his disappearance from school by his classmates?
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Washu and the Galaxy Academy can probably educate him much better anyway, and he has many thousands of years to do so.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

December 05, 2015, 08:54:25 AM #36 Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:57:29 AM by Zigra
I don't know why a guy who is going to become an omnipotent deity someday would really need an education anyway.

That's why I don't understand why MK has Sasami going to school on Earth. The fact that she's going to become one with a near-omnipotent goddess should negate the need for any education that a primitive society on Earth could ever give her.

Quote from: Zigra on December 05, 2015, 08:54:25 AM
I don't know why a guy who is going to become an omnipotent deity someday would really need an education anyway.

That's why I don't understand why MK has Sasami going to school on Earth. The fact that she's going to become one with a near-omnipotent goddess should negate the need for any education that a primitive society on Earth could ever give her.

I always considered it as Tsunami's way of learning to interact with the mortals. Well she has, but that was them worshiping her and stuff, compared to now where she can just be part of the mold now.

December 07, 2015, 03:11:09 PM #38 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 03:17:57 PM by takahata
During the second episode of OVA 3, Nobuyuki was installing a computer for Tenchi.  Washu was strongly interested Nobuyki installing the computer. The computer happens to be a clue that Tenchi has assumed his studies.  Tenchi has his reasons for not returning to school.   Tenchi does have two tutors. One of whom happens to be Washu. 

Tenchi will have an interest in the Galaxy Academy in order to understand the cultures of some alien races, esp. the Seniwans and Jurains.  An unknown incident occurring on the day of the University entrance exams helps to explain why Tenchi became a ronin.  There are other explanations for Tenchi becoming a ronin.  Oddly, Tenchi is going to be  able to take a Galaxy Academy correspondence course  with Washu's and Noike's help.  The university which Tenchi will have an interest in going to is likely Okayama University.  Also, Tenchi may have an interest in a couple of private universities.  One of the two private universities will be  Kibi international University.

Even if Tenchi was able to go to college, he will still have to deal with Ryoko and Ayeka wanting to go to college.  When it comes to the Galaxy Academy,  Tenchi will only be able to take some correspondence course to enable him  to understand the cultures of the Seniwa, Jurai and some other alien cultures. 

When it came to my original expectations for OVA 4, I had wanted  Tenchi to have another fiancee.  Now, I am expecting to see Tenchi becoming a ronin, and meeting Mihoshi's father Nakita Kuramitsu and her maternal and paternal grandparents.

Wouldn't mind if Tenchi's sword skills were brought to the forefront, first 2 OVAs hinted at it 3rd kinda ignored it completely, Kenshi was pretty skilled so one would have to assume that Tenchi would be at least as skilled although one could say that with him being as powerful as he is, he doesn't actually need to be good at it