OVA3! New Subs! HD! Out Now!

Started by EcchiOujisama, March 12, 2017, 09:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
:Hap:

Oh. My. Odin-sama. After far more minor setbacks than I would have liked and being supercharged by the power of the full moon, HRH EcchiOujisama PROUDLY presents the ONLY place you can see OVA3 in HD, sounding better than it ever has before, complete with the most bestest English subtitles (and humility!) it's ever seen in the history of Tenchi! (Heaven and Earth, get it?)   

:laugh:

You know where to go. https://ecchioujisama.wordpress.com/

Sucking my own dick aside, I've gone over it a few times but there's always a chance that there still is something that could be corrected or made better. I've seen this enough over the last little while that I'm not going to want to watch it again too soon, but if there is anything that needs to be fixed let me know specifically what, where and why so I can take care of it.

(actual screenshot)
The official site for my translation efforts:

http://ecchioujisama.wordpress.com

There is no "ya'll," this is a one man operation.  :son: I'll make a torrent once I know there aren't a bunch of little things I missed that would need multiple versions of new subs to fix minor issues, hence why this is only being rolled out in a few places right now. So far I've had people tell me it looks good, but no one has gone through to whole thing yet. I'm already looking at a v4 for OVA4 episode 1 and want to keep the updates to a minimum if possible. I'm planning on releasing Dual with new subs once I know OVA3 and 4 are done for good.

JDownloader will fix any issues Mega might give you, and I have no problems getting 4 MB/s down with a free account, so it's not going to get much faster than that on a torrent anyway unless you've got crazy awesome internet. 

This is my first post on this forum and it's to say thank you! I've been waiting for this and I truly appreciate the hard work

Quote from: EcchiOujisama on March 13, 2017, 05:37:38 PM
There is no "ya'll," this is a one man operation.  :son: I'll make a torrent once I know there aren't a bunch of little things I missed that would need multiple versions of new subs to fix minor issues, hence why this is only being rolled out in a few places right now. So far I've had people tell me it looks good, but no one has gone through to whole thing yet. I'm already looking at a v4 for OVA4 episode 1 and want to keep the updates to a minimum if possible. I'm planning on releasing Dual with new subs once I know OVA3 and 4 are done for good.

JDownloader will fix any issues Mega might give you, and I have no problems getting 4 MB/s down with a free account, so it's not going to get much faster than that on a torrent anyway unless you've got crazy awesome internet.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you were more than one ecchi oji. I meant can anybody torrent the files? Thanks again for yer work, you have my eternal gratitude.  :worship:

Please lemme know whenever torrents are available. I dun have any issues with Mega I'm just not downloading an exe and Mega has a 1gb limit when downloading thru the browser.  ^^;

Ouji! O-u-ji! I am a prince, not a middle aged man! Well, not technically, but kids might call oji because I look old to them, which may or may not make me go full Misaki in retaliation.  :ragdoll:

I ended up posting it on Nyaa last night to make sure it gets well seeded, seeing as I'll be releasing Dual once I watch it back and only have one episode of Agga Ruter left before that drops too. No changes have been made so still let me if anything needs to be fixed.

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=908151

Saw your comment, in the comments, on Nyaa.

Photon - the R2 transfer is supposed to be superior to the R1 transfer, but the only copy of the ISO floating around is recoded for singlelayer discs. Supposedly this is an encode of the R2 discs, but I have not checked it out and the description says nothing.

OVA1/2 - best version floating around is the Doki release. They retranslated it, but they overlooked at least one major translation goof; tenchi can't be copied...

GXP - R2 pisses all over the R1 discs, no comparison. I had wiped up my own custom subs for an old batch, but they're not compatible with later encodes and the subs actually needed timing shifts after the OP & CM breaks because funi butchered their release. I'd suggest you grab the EightBit release and work from there.

Dual - having seen the video quality from both regions, I'm not sure the R2 looks any better. Neither releases wowed me. Don't think there are any good encodes out there, could be wrong. Not like they have much to work with, mind you.

El-Hazard - best copy around, but the subs are shit. Tried rewatching and practically wanted to kill myself, five minutes in. That shit is more like dubtitles than subtitles. Remember when Bandai did that shit with Gundam? Fuckers...

I have found Kuramori's rips to be good, and am using his R2 rip for my Dual release. He says he buys the R2Js and rips them himself, and I have no reason to doubt him. His rips of Photon and El Hazard look better than my R1 DVDs at least.

I haven't seen Doki's subs for OVA1&2, so I'll take a look at those and see if it warrants me redoing them. Hopefully I can just get the sub files and not have to download the whole thing again.

The link you posted for GXP is the same rip I have, and I have subs that sync with it as a place to start. My main concern (aside from using FLAC when AC3 passthru would have been just fine) is that it is 544p, and I would expect the R2J to be 576p. The R2J ISOs are on ADC, but I don't have the ratio to download it and don't want to do any begging for it unless it's actually 576p.

That is the source I would use for El-Hazard Magnificent 1, and would use Kuramori's rip of Magnificent 2 and Alternate World if I end up doing them. I had been waiting for all of that to come out on BD in Japan, but I'm starting to think Magnificent 1 didn't sell well enough for BDs to be made of the rest. :(

Although I wasn't asking about sources to use, rather if people who like my translations (since the style definitely isn't for everyone) would like to see me do any of those, and if there is a preference on which one I tackle next. As a general rule fixing the subs takes me 5-6 times the running time from start to release, and not I'm doing it just to jerk myself off. If I don't like the subtitles I'm fine with turning them off, as I had done with OVA3. Once Dual and Space Ofera release I'll have cranked out 27 episodes in less than 3 weeks and that pace is probably coming to an end. I was trying to gauge what, if any, interest there is in titles on my radar for new subs.

QuoteI'm starting to think Magnificent 1 didn't sell well enough for BDs to be made of the rest.

Alternative World wouldn't be worth it, anyway. :P
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Figured I'd drop some rips with the info because you mentioned Thora, which is an older encode and used unedited 'signature series' R1 subs. The 'style' of OVA4 looks fine to me and haven't got around to watching OVA3 yet, so I can't comment on it. The only copy of OVA1/2 with edits to the script, that I know of, is the Doki release. Also the encode is pretty good too.