Tenchi's location

Started by Eff Efferson, January 23, 2017, 07:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 23, 2017, 07:19:54 AM Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:19:57 AM by Fap_fapperson
in the shin tenchi novels, azusa ends up in a small village just outside a forest and meets funaho.
in  the second one yosho ends up in the same villiage and meets kasumi. her father taro point to a nearbye mountain and says that it has the same name as yosho so yoshozan... i looked around on google earth and.... since i know there are people on this board interested in this.... i figured id post this lovely google maps result from okiyama.

Ill upload the summary on the chapter soon.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Neat! Love the geography references!

Yosho Masali Jurai's name is connected to Yoshozan. Masaki Kajishima had used some geographical locations for some of  the characters' names  in Tenchi Muyo.  When I look at two of the maps Yakage and Asakuchi City,  it is odd that Yoshozan is located northwest of Taro Shrine.  Taro Shrine is the shrine which M.K. had used as the base of his design for the Masaki Family Shrine.

I am grateful of your research.  I do wonder where the fictional Masaki Family Shrine is located.  During the fishing scene in OVA 4's first episode. it had seem that it was finally disclosed where the Masaki Family Shrine and Tenchi's home are located. I was only able to notice that Tenchi's house is located in a valley.  There is a creek flowing from Ryo-Ohki's lake.  I am starting to believed that if the Masaki Family Shrine was a real shrine, it will be located somewhere in the point near where the borders of Takahasi City, Soja City, and Yakage-Oda District meet.  There is the railroad station call Bicchu-Hirose.  The train station is located next to the Hakubi Line.

Tenchi had taken a train to Kurashiki City in episode one of OVA 3.

:uhaul: :how: :shygirl:

After I the first translated snub of OVA 4 episode 4, the village closed to Tenchi's place is call Masaki Village.  A lot of the residents of Masaki Village are related to the Masaki Family.

From some of the scenes in each of the episodes, Tenchi's residence is located near a large lake.  For the lake, there is a creek flowing from the lake.  The lake and the creek are located in a valley.  The name of the nearest town is the Masaki Village. There is another town located near Masaki Village.  The other town is larger than Masaki Village.   

Currently, the name of the town is unknown.  The town has enough residents to support  a supermarket in it. The Yamadas own  the supermarket.  Ryoko will often go to the town to get some sake.  The nearest prefectural high school is located in the town.

For Masaki Village, the Masaki Family is the dominant family in the village.  A large part of the land is hilly and   forest.   Some of the hills are steep. There are many farms located around Masaki Village.  Masaki Village may have once been part of the former  Masaki Family Feudal Japanese Estate or daimyo.

If Masaki Village was part of the former Masaki Family Feudal Japanese Estate, the former villa must be located near Tenchi's residence.  The villa had to be the residence of the Head of the Masaki Family.

From OVA 4's episode 3,  both sexes do  shared power in the Masaki Family. Family is democratic.  The family has a family matriarch and a family patriarch. The current matriarch is Aki Masaki. The current patriarch is Katsuhito Masaki.  The Masaki Family is one of Japan's oldest clans. Also, it is one of the  most powerful  clans in Japan. Status of the Masaki Family's power is unknown.