[AiTM] (Month 1) Weeks 1-4 Episode Talk

Started by جبريل 無道, October 07, 2014, 09:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 14, 2014, 01:53:29 AM #30 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:58:58 AM by antvasima
Well, after watching the episode, I must say that this is absolutely awful beyond all understanding. I hate all of the new characters, everything else about the setting, along with the author and AIC for producing this worm excrement to completely dishonour and defile something originally very cherished and wonderful. This tripe does the impossible and makes Tenchi In Tokyo look good in comparison. What the heck is wrong in the heads of Negishi and AIC?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

As a modern anime, I think it's just par for the course ignoring the recaps.  It's not Tenchi Muyo though.  It's a series I will watch once through and never think about again.  But it's not horrible either.  Just meh.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Well, I think that most of what I have seen so far is thoroughly awful, but I'll give you that most anime seems to be mass-produced, generic, quantity over quality crap nowadays.

Nowadays?  :jap:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

October 14, 2014, 11:13:59 AM #34 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:18:45 AM by antvasima
Well, I used to like some of it. Now nearly everything that I see or hear about seems mostly bleh. Most anime seems to have lost its charm, and turned into a massive incoherent mess of bad fetischistic cliches, generic designs, or dystopian cynicism.  I do like Legend Of Korra of course, but that is a western show done in anime style.

Ayeka and Sasami and Ryoko finally show up.  Ayeka's new voice sounds fine and a good past match.  Sasami's is also ok.  Ryoko's matches, but the actress I think has hints of having gotten older, much like Tenchi himself.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

:moodswing:

Finally some new animated Sasami!

:soqoot:

Why can't all the episodes be like this?

:frustrated:
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

I like the seventh episode.  Finally,  Ayeka, Sasami, and Ryoko are introduced.  They three seem to be a composite of their Universe and Ryo-Ohki counterparts.   As usual,  Ryoko likes to intrude on Tenchii''s privacy.

Sasami is in her early teens.  Her hairstyle in the series may be her choice.  She is smaller than her sister Ayeka . 

:Hap:   :bravo:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I like Aeka and Sasami here. They should dump all others characters and make the show all about them.

Quote from: Gaston on October 14, 2014, 05:44:29 PM
I like Aeka and Sasami here. They should dump all others characters and make the show all about them.
But then that would be a Tenchi show....

:huhm:

The episodes feel void. They feel empty. There's no feeling. It's as though I watch the episodes for the sake of watching them.
What's all this about now? I don't know anymore.
Curiosity about its novelty is basically the motivation at the moment.
I can't find anything of beauty, namely truth and love. . .   :gonk:
⚆_⚆

I actually agree with Dour Morose/Lonesomeness.

Quote from: Lоиεѕомεиεѕѕ on October 15, 2014, 03:41:28 AM
:huhm:

The episodes feel void. They feel empty. There's no feeling.

I decided I'm going to watch these in batches and I just finished the first four episodes. I get what you're stepping in. The main issue is the pacing; even for a four minute series of shorts the pacing is like a NASCAR race where you're going fast for a while, then there is a crash, and then you circle for a bit under the yellow. Ultimately I can tell this show is going to finish under a Green/White/Checkered flag. It's not impossible to follow, but it feels like an information overload. And what kind of school has little slits in the hips of the skirts I mean  :son:

Batch two should be out Friday or Saturday and I'll be caught up then, but so far it's like an ADHD version of anime.
This is not a sig, it's a Sandwich.

Tenchi, Ayeka, and Sasami  have move from the Masaki Residence to a house located next to the school.  Apparentily, Ryo-Ohki, Washu and Mihoshi are staying at the Residence.  When it comes to Ryoko, Tenchi seems to have wished that Ryoko will continue to stay at the Masaki Resisdence.   

:sas2: :why: