[AiTM] Japanese Reviews of This Series

Started by جبريل 無道, January 18, 2015, 06:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 18, 2015, 06:24:35 AM Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:03:36 AM by جبريل 無道
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Well, overall, the reviews are better than I would have expected for this pile of junk <.<

Quote from: Zigra on January 18, 2015, 07:50:35 AM
Well, overall, the reviews are better than I would have expected for this pile of junk <.<

A 3.1 average is saying you skimmed through school with mostly C grades. At least the Japanese seem to understand that this could have been better.
This is not a sig, it's a Sandwich.

Quote from: Ryokos Stepdad on January 18, 2015, 02:23:50 PM
Quote from: Zigra on January 18, 2015, 07:50:35 AM
A 3.1 average is saying you skimmed through school with mostly C grades. At least the Japanese seem to understand that this could have been better.

And at IMDB, it's known that new movies often rate higher than genuine classics the first few years before they settle down to a proper spot.  People who liked something and sat through it all are more likely to review something than someone that sat through a week and gave up.

Compared to other recent anime though, this rates low and has a number of 2 star ratings and less, and not a single 5 star rating from users.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on January 18, 2015, 04:48:50 PM
A 3 or 3.5 is what I give the series, If it wasn't Tenchi related who knows how low it would be.

I rate it lower for a Tenchi series than if it wasn't connected.  I geniuinely thought this was a Tenchi and Momo love story.  Which makes how she was handled in the end with her memory of the whole thing wiped really depressing.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.