[AiTM] (Month 1) Weeks 1-4 Episode Talk

Started by جبريل 無道, October 07, 2014, 09:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Despite the fact that the series as a whole so far is a gigantic mess, I watched episode 7 out of curiosity (And due to the fact that Ayeka, Sasami, and Ryoko all appeared in this episode without the new girls intruding).  I'll say that if Kajishima is bringing what's left of the original voice acting crew back together for whatever project he may or may not have in mind, then Ayeka's new VA is more than passable... if it weren't already known that it wasn't her original VA, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.  The new voice is that spot on... we're not worthy!  :worship:

Now only if it were so easy for the English dub of OVA 3 to have been handled in such a way for Ryoko's replacement VA...
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: WarOmnimon on October 15, 2014, 05:57:50 PM

Now only if it were so easy for the English dub of OVA 3 to have been handled in such a way for Ryoko's replacement VA...

October 16, 2014, 02:06:16 PM #47 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 02:14:16 PM by جبريل 無道
Ryoko looks pretty horrendous in this new animation.  Not to mention that Momo beat her as a little kid.  Does she ever win?
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

So does Tenchi do any fighting? Cause a friend sent me the Ryoko clip from episode 7 and that chick with the pink hair was the main one fighting her while Tench was just standing there and shit...

I mean even TU Tenchi could fight on a basic level...dafuq he just standing there for, he's more than enough to make Ryoko calm down.

October 16, 2014, 05:29:42 PM #49 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:51:44 PM by جبريل 無道
No, Momo protects him there.  But the next episode he stop's Beni's punch while she's fighting Hachiko..... but he seems to get bullied by Ukan throughout.

The reason he doesn't fight Ryoko might be that it's in the past and she doesn't know him, or seems to... or whatever.  I really don't care.  Fans are excited she appeared on the screen.... which for a Tenchi series should be a rather low bar.

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on October 16, 2014, 05:29:42 PM
but he seems to get bullied by Ukan throughout.

Bullied? They bullying him in this series?

Yea that's some bullshit right there, hate those kind of hijinks in harem.

He gets bullied by the horrendous generic non-characters as a running theme for this show. It is like watching a train wreck to see if anybody(/anything) you liked makes it out alive. So far it seems to have an almost 100% mortality rate. Damn Negishi, AIC, and anybody else truly responsible for this, for getting our hopes up and then puking on them.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Glimpses of a Tenchi world of bishojo spinning off-course are offered in these omake-like episodes—in these awkward-bishonen adventures of Tenchi and his unloved harem of many girls. I can't help but continue to watch more for anything more than fan service, whilst I'm unable to resist knowing what's going to happen next, especially raw dere dere interactions—what's to be with Tenchi and his tsunderellas or kuuderellas. Then again, anticipating some future hard-core yandere action, I did notice some peculiar attraction between the vaguely dojikko Momo and Tenchi with his henshin urge. Perhaps, there's something more to follow. . . Eh?

:emot-chio:
⚆_⚆

Recap again today.

So not actually 50 episodes but 40 taking out 10 recaps for every friday.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on October 17, 2014, 02:24:10 PM
So not actually 50 episodes but 40 taking out 10 recaps for every friday.

we went from 5 min to 4 min
50 to 40 episodes

What's next?

I'm so glad I found a Tenchi forum where people actually agree and acknowledge this new series is crap.

The folks @ tenchiforums think it's so great, so I stopped posting there. Couldn't take how hard they're trying to justify the cheap animation, bad designs, bad cast, etc.

The show isn't really good, but that still better than Tenchi Forever and most episodes of Tenchi Universe.  :parrot:

Damn I must be the only person who liked Tenchi Forever.