OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I mean, we can dissect whatever intentions are behind the new slew of characters, but it is mind boggling that OVA V with only a few time skips has already made the core characters redundant. I guess wait for episode 3 to make sure.

Quote from: antvasima on June 29, 2020, 05:00:56 AM
I wish that we could have seen some focus on the main Tenchi crew and their antics, especially Ryoko and Mihoshi, but it seems like Kajishima has most grown uninterested in them.

No disrespect to MK, but I think things would've turned out better if Hiroshi Negeshi was involved!

Quote from: Sushi on June 29, 2020, 03:20:58 PM
I wish that we could have seen some focus on the main Tenchi crew and their antics, especially Ryoko and Mihoshi, but it seems like Kajishima has most grown uninterested in them.

No disrespect to MK, but I think things would've turned out better if Hiroshi Negeshi was involved!

ya idk about that his tenure isn't the greatest and Ai Tenchi was pretty mediocre, what we need is a new Tenchi TV series set in the Kajishima verse of things that isn't an OVA format.

Agreed. The GXP anime needs a reboot. The old series is almost like night and day from the novels. Besides, it's obviously not canon  anymore. I think the Tenchi fandom in Japan seems 'healthy' enough to warrant giving Seina and Co. the FMA: Brotherhood treatment

The cast has grown so large that 26 episodes minimum to give everyone proper screen time.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on July 03, 2020, 03:55:52 PM
Agreed. The GXP anime needs a reboot. The old series is almost like night and day from the novels. Besides, it's obviously not canon  anymore. I think the Tenchi fandom in Japan seems 'healthy' enough to warrant giving Seina and Co. the FMA: Brotherhood treatment

The cast has grown so large that 26 episodes minimum to give everyone proper screen time.

The problem with that is it's not going to nessesarily fit into 26 episodes.  Atleast 4 episodes of content were cut. Some things clearly were cut out because there not tv friendly.

Your not going to see corpse fucking couch fucker ed from mask wearing tarrant on tv. Or seina getting a nude private dance by maya. Or ryoko exploding into a bloody corpse mess. Or washu molesting seinas waifus. Probably won't be allowed to discuss maya fucking a royal and squirting the jizz into a cup to illegally ensemnate Alan's wife either.   

Also don't forget there's alot of clucking hen scenes I cut out from my translation that do nothing to further the plot. If you want to know what a clucking hen scene is it's the entirety of ova 4 episode 4 where the girls all sit around in bulk and specualte on the plot and swoon over seina instead of the plot happening.

I hope one day to have enough tenchi footage and free time that I can finish my fan visual novelization lol. It really makes me want to see a reboot. 

The novels capture so much that would be lost in translation to show but I still wanna see it lol.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on July 03, 2020, 12:28:33 PM
Quote from: Sushi on June 29, 2020, 03:20:58 PM

ya idk about that his tenure isn't the greatest and Ai Tenchi was pretty mediocre, what we need is a new Tenchi TV series set in the Kajishima verse of things that isn't an OVA format.

You know I'll be honest, I had no idea he was involved in Ai Tenchi Muyo, a show I cared very little about in the first place. I'm mostly just trying to figure out where the original magic came from and how it could be regained. I did like a few of Negishi's other shows like Black heaven. As far as the continuation of Tenchi goes, my ideal scenario would be isolated stories in movie form. Ideally, something that still focuses on the main cast.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on July 03, 2020, 12:28:33 PM
what we need is a new Tenchi TV series set in the Kajishima verse of things that isn't an OVA format.
All I want is an SoL anime about Tenchi and his harem raising their kids.

QuoteI did like a few of Negishi's other shows like Black heaven.

Negishi didn't have any involvement in Black Heaven.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=401

Are you thinking of Hiroki Hayashi?
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on July 03, 2020, 09:31:04 PM
QuoteI did like a few of Negishi's other shows like Black heaven.

Negishi didn't have any involvement in Black Heaven.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=401

Are you thinking of Hiroki Hayashi?

YES! Wow, thank you, I had them completely mixed up. Hiroki Hayashi. I think the new OVAs would have benefited from his involvement. Not Negeshi.

"Or Ryoko exploding into a bloody corpse mess."

Say what? Please elaborate regarding what you mean.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on July 03, 2020, 12:28:33 PMya idk about that his tenure isn't the greatest and Ai Tenchi was pretty mediocre, what we need is a new Tenchi TV series set in the Kajishima verse of things that isn't an OVA format.
Anyway, I agree with this. I love the original cast, but do not care much about most of Kajishima's other characters. Perhaps the Tenchi manga creator Hitoshi Okuda would be willing to help Kajishima with writing stories featuring them? Say what you want, but he genuinely loves and is interested in the characters.

July 07, 2020, 12:20:05 PM #446 Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 12:24:41 PM by Tenchi Ryu
BEACH EPISODE!!!!  :derp: :derp: :derp:

https://youtu.be/ZTGNuOwMcjQ

Tenchi finally talks to ryoko alone episode
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

OMG, the main TM cast all together with actual screen time! ;)

Kenshi with Fuku and Co. in the tent together was incredibly adorable to me for some reason.

It seems good, yes. :)

I added the preview to the front page of the Tenchi Muyo wiki.