OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Harls on March 27, 2020, 07:21:23 AM
Quote from: Dagor Dagorath on March 27, 2020, 12:22:55 AM"PEOPLE OF JURAI! There is no danger from Ryoko! I, your princess, have convinced her to see the error of her ways and lay down her sword! She has decided to repent and formally apologize for her past misdeeds! I have graciously taken her under my wing to personally reform her! Though she may have the occasional emotional outburst, I am a member of the Royal family, Daughter of the Reigning Heavyweight Martial Arts Champion 1200 years IN A ROW, and more than capable of handling her!
Why, dear sweet Sasami has already made a model citizen of the notorious Ryo-Ohki!"

Tbh this is a pretty good agruement for ayeka as first wife and you've convinced me its plausable
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

so we find out how easy it was for tenchi and saina to become grandfathers I just wondering if they will build a new house for saina family close to tenchi house or would they port in saina's current house in masaki village 

Quote from: Valmer on March 29, 2020, 12:37:48 AM
I just wondering if they will build a new house for saina family close to tenchi house or would they port in saina's current house in masaki village 
From these pages, we can infer that Seina's home is separate, but close by.
When she gets up she already has a sweat from her fever, and by the time she reaches Seina's house, she's pouring sweat.
When she reaches Seina's house, behind her it's clearly night behind her, so she had to go outside.
From this, we can infer that it's some distance away, probably on the other side of the lake.
But it's still close enough for a little girl with a raging fever and a weak body to easily reach in the dark.

Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 26, 2020, 03:18:36 AM
Quote from: takahata on March 25, 2020, 11:26:18 PM
I have just watch the first episode of OVA 5.  I want to point out that OVA 5's timeline starts between 1996 and 1997 and jumps to the year 2002.  Kenshi is five years old in the year 2002.   Siena and Kiriko are officially married. Masaki Village is still an independent village.  I need to be very patient about the plot of OVA 5. Tennyo and Rea are discussing something about what Kiyone has done in the past.  One of the habits of Kiyone is focus on her being a collector.

Oddly, the series will reflect what's happening in Japan esp in the year 2002.  Tenchi and the girls seem to be waiting for the right time to get married.  Tenchi's first wife is going to be Noike while Ryoko is the mother of Tenchi's first child and daughter.

:huhm: :Hap: :Sas1: :really: :eyetwitch: :omgwtf:

wrong.

https://www.uselesstenchi.org/Forum/index.php?topic=1382.0
the first episode is right after the end of ova 4 so it is 1999

the next episode seems to take place later 2000:????? who knows who cares...
remember i said 2001 is the year that sasami is 17 and almost an adult.  when she watches tenchi get some. 

no way in heck that noike is going to be first wife. atleast i hope not. the time skip is for sure to atleast 2005 because we are seeing dird shank in the credits.

I am going by the details in the first episode. I check out your article.  While I may be wrong about Noike being Tenchi's first wife, I am referring to the Harem rank. Ryoko happens to be the mother of Tenchi's first child.  My name Ryoko's and Tenchi's first daughter is Kiyone.  Since Kiyone is the name of Tenchi's mother, it will be considered a way to honor Tenchi's mother. For Tenchi's and Ayeka's first daughter, my choice will be Achika.  Achiika is to honor the name of Tenchi's mother in Universe and Tenchi in Tokyo. 

I had accidentally remove my article.

Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 27, 2020, 05:58:09 PM
Quote from: Harls on March 27, 2020, 07:21:23 AM
Quote from: Dagor Dagorath on March 27, 2020, 12:22:55 AM"PEOPLE OF JURAI! There is no danger from Ryoko! I, your princess, have convinced her to see the error of her ways and lay down her sword! She has decided to repent and formally apologize for her past misdeeds! I have graciously taken her under my wing to personally reform her! Though she may have the occasional emotional outburst, I am a member of the Royal family, Daughter of the Reigning Heavyweight Martial Arts Champion 1200 years IN A ROW, and more than capable of handling her!
Why, dear sweet Sasami has already made a model citizen of the notorious Ryo-Ohki!"

Tbh this is a pretty good agruement for ayeka as first wife and you've convinced me its plausable

Oh yes, this is such a good argument that I don't think it's possible to come up with a counter argument. When Based Fap agrees with you AND someone posts a Guilty Gear DESTROYED reaction (In this case me), you KNOW you've got yourself a good argument.

+1 to you, good sir. :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

PV of episode 2: http://youtu.be/rmxl2hTWxGY
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

April 06, 2020, 01:10:13 AM #321 Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 01:15:53 AM by Y_Anthony_Who
Quote from: Tensami on April 05, 2020, 10:05:25 PM
PV of episode 2: http://youtu.be/rmxl2hTWxGY

Paradise Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar. Tenchi FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! RYOKO BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!!!

Like many fans, I'm most excited about things involving the OG cast, but that said, I'm stoked to see hot Fuku and watch Tenchi squash pirates. Looks like we jumpin' straight to the end of Paradise War.

Quote from: Dagor Dagorath on March 27, 2020, 12:22:55 AM
Politically speaking, it only makes sense that Ayeka would be the first to marry.

I agree 100%.

:damn:

Nice PV.

And Ayeka can marry first,

but bun is in a different 700 year old oven.

I added a link to the preview video to the front page of the Tenchi wiki.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

There's a reason Noike will likely be the first wife, in addition to being Seto-sama's choice. She's the one person who can manage Tenchi's harem. There will always be a bit of rivalry between Ryoko and Aeka. Yes, they've resolved most of it, but Noike is neutral territory.

If Noike is first wife, it forms a stronger tie between House Masaki and House Kamiki. And it potentially gives Seto-sama influence within Tenchi's harem. I think that's why Seto arranged it in the first place. (Though in the end, I think Tenchi and his harem will thwart Seto-sama and maintain independence, yet still be loyal to Jurai.)

Plus, I believe Kajichima-sensei making a hentai doujinshi with Noike and Tenchi getting it on while Aeka gently shoos teenage Sasami-chan away to give Tenchi and Noike privacy is his way of saying, "Noike is first wife."

Heh. How times have changed. Back on the old AIC English forums, there were wars over whom Tenchi would choose. Now everyone accepts a harem ending, but it is all about "who's first wife." 🤣

So who's the new chick in this episode? The one seemingly sitting seiza with Seto-sama?

April 09, 2020, 04:33:14 AM #325 Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 04:45:27 AM by Eff Efferson
Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on April 09, 2020, 01:09:02 AM
There's a reason Noike will likely be the first wife, in addition to being Seto-sama's choice. She's the one person who can manage Tenchi's harem. There will always be a bit of rivalry between Ryoko and Aeka. Yes, they've resolved most of it, but Noike is neutral territory.

If Noike is first wife, it forms a stronger tie between House Masaki and House Kamiki. And it potentially gives Seto-sama influence within Tenchi's harem. I think that's why Seto arranged it in the first place. (Though in the end, I think Tenchi and his harem will thwart Seto-sama and maintain independence, yet still be loyal to Jurai.)

Plus, I believe Kajichima-sensei making a hentai doujinshi with Noike and Tenchi getting it on while Aeka gently shoos teenage Sasami-chan away to give Tenchi and Noike privacy is his way of saying, "Noike is first wife."

Heh. How times have changed. Back on the old AIC English forums, there were wars over whom Tenchi would choose. Now everyone accepts a harem ending, but it is all about "who's first wife." 🤣

So who's the new chick in this episode? The one seemingly sitting seiza with Seto-sama?

That is the infamous Quiz (Kuisu) panta, literaly either mirror seto or the real seto in disguise

If noike is first wife il eat my own toe nail clippings.

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

First Wife is not a manager role. First wife is based on love.

Azuza fought for Funaho to be first
Seina first wife was unanimously decided to be Kiriko because of Seina's love for her.

If it is going to be anyone, it has to be Ryoko. She loved Tenchi first and the only rivals for that purity is Ryo-Ohki. Also Ryoko had the first child ... so there is also that.

Quote from: Ricin on April 09, 2020, 11:31:50 AM
First Wife is not a manager role. First wife is based on love.

Azuza fought for Funaho to be first
Seina first wife was unanimously decided to be Kiriko because of Seina's love for her.

If it is going to be anyone, it has to be Ryoko. She loved Tenchi first and the only rivals for that purity is Ryo-Ohki. Also Ryoko had the first child ... so there is also that.

this, the novels were exaserbatingly brining up and compairing azusa and his relationship to tenchi's he could have married the juraian princess and had her be first wive that would've been easy but he chose to use the first wife position for love, he didn't care that funaho wouldn't be accepted at first, she deserved to be the head wife.
ayeka is the socially aceptable choice, ryoko is the wild and romantic one.

shit if i rememebr correctly even in hasegawa's shtick the situation was used to mirror tenchi's relationship with ayeka and ryoko.

the masaki family always chooses love over it's political responsabilities is a major theme.
and Tenchi's haori has to mean something. there is no other reason that ryoko would tresure it so much. I'd hate for it to mean "hey i love you still but like congrats on being second place."

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Eff and Ricin are right. Ryoko #1!!! Ayeka or Noike make the most sense politically, and Ryoko as first wife is a PR nightmare, but I will always stan love above all! I can't count the amount of times I've ranted and raved at my poor friends about how Azusa is the best Kajishima protag for choosing love over convenience. I can't believe I even entertained the idea of Kajishima having Tenchi do the easy thing for even a moment! I have offended myself, and I have offended the Shaolin Temple! RYOKO FIRST OR RIOT*!

*"Riot" of course being a euphemism for being sad at home.

I also want Ryoko to be the first wife.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki