Digimon

Started by Ryo-Okay, July 29, 2018, 10:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Bandai finally announces new Vital Hero stuff, and it is DC stuff, not Digimon. A Batman VH with Batman Dim and they have a DC Heroes Dim and DC Villains Dim advertised on the side of the box. I have a feeling they won't be releasing anymore Digimon related VH stuff over here.
https://twitter.com/VitalheroOFC/status/1669012432025714689

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on June 14, 2023, 12:27:47 PM
Bandai finally announces new Vital Hero stuff, and it is DC stuff, not Digimon. A Batman VH with Batman Dim and they have a DC Heroes Dim and DC Villains Dim advertised on the side of the box. I have a feeling they won't be releasing anymore Digimon related VH stuff over here.
https://twitter.com/VitalheroOFC/status/1669012432025714689
Nah, they're still releasing Digimon stuff. Bandai said "stay tuned" when someone asked if more Digimon Dim Cards were getting released for the Vital Hero on Twitter, so Digimon's not done there.

That being said, DC making it into the lineup is a nice surprise in my opinion. Those are being branded as VHM Cards by the way, similar to how Kamen Rider and Ultraman got VBM Cards. As someone who collects not only the Digimon Memory Cards for the Vital Bracelet, I've needed another franchise to buy Memory Cards for and DC definitely falls into that category. I've been buying the Digimon, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, and My Hero Academia Memory Cards but I don't follow Demon Slayer, Tokyo Revengers, Jujutsu Kaisen, and Run For Money so I've skipped / will be skipping those and it seems like they're done with Rider, Ultraman, and Academia (At least for now with the latter). Good to see another set I can collect. :)

I'm guessing future VHM Cards released alongside the Vital Hero series will probably be based on other franchises that Bandai has toy rights to, don't have BE Memory Cards, and are recognizable to western audiences. Such as Dragon Ball, Evangelion, Godzilla, Gundam, Naruto, and One Piece. And of course, continuing to release English versions of Dim Cards like they pretty much confirmed they are going to be doing.

Back on topic. We got Hi-Commandramon and Brigadramon to complete Commandramon's new secondary line via Booster 14 of the Digimon Card Game. The new line is Commandramon > Hi-Commandramon > Cargodramon > Brigadramon. Brigadramon is pretty much WarGreymon with Aile Strike Gundam's backpack and MetalGarurumon X's chaingun and looks a lot cooler than that description makes him sound.

...darn, now I want Bandai to announce the inevitable Commandramon BE Memory Card.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Double posting because stuff happened. At the end of June, they announced the Dorumon and Ryudamon BE Memory Cards for an October release (Got mine preordered already; those are mah bois!), and DigiFes is right around the corner which means new information on Digimon Adventure 02: The Beginning (And the 02 BE Memory Card set that also drops in October according to toy listings) should be coming up at the end of the month. The Digimon Dreamers manga is also being published on the Digimon website now, and it seems like they're doing a better translation job with it than the machine translation that Digimon Seekers is being passed through.

The lineups for Dorumon and Ryudamon are fantastic, by the way. Dorumon got all three of his lines (Yes, the Death-X line actually made it into something for once!), not to mention that Gundramon is on there (Which means we just need Beelstarmon to complete the Three Musketeers). Ryudamon's BE Memory Card also includes both of Commandramon's lines (Exactly what I was hoping to see!) plus Numemon, Monzaemon, ShinMonzaemon, and all three Etemons, among others. Given Darkdramon on Ryudamon, I'm expecting BanchoLeomon to be on Pulsemon's BE Memory Card because, well, Chaosmon.

And yes, we're still waiting on the new Digimon Story... I'm gonna have to guess at this point that we're gonna want to keep our eyes on Tokyo Game Show, because there's no way they'll announce that during Gamescom, and the chances of it getting announced at DigiFes are practically zero given that DigiFes is gonna be centered on Digimon Adventure 02. If it doesn't get announced during TGS, uh oh.

Speaking of that 02 BE Memory Card Set... if Veedramon's line isn't on Veemon's BE Memory Card, that's the tell that we're gonna get a V-Tamer BE Memory Card. And if that happens, I'm preordering on day 0. Forget day 1. Also, BlackImperialdramon Fighter Mode please.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

This year's DigiFes was about what I expected. Just some more news on the 02 movie. It had slipped my mind that the manga competition winners were going to be announced today though, so that's neat. It's a shame they didn't have a grand prize winner though.

Most of the exciting news we got had to do with western releases of the anime and that happened before DigiFes. 02 is getting a couple of blu-ray boxsets, which is cool. The most shocking news though was the Digimon movie collection containing Digimon Adventure, Our War Game, and Hurricane Touchdown which I never thought would get proper releases over here. Plus they are getting new dubs with as much of the original cast as they could get, even some that hadn't been in any of the recent movie dubs. Also Digimon The Movie is getting a new release. Whether you like subs, dubs, or the mashed together theatrical film, it feels like the people at Discotek are trying to release something for every Digimon fan.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on July 30, 2023, 01:02:01 PM
This year's DigiFes was about what I expected. Just some more news on the 02 movie. It had slipped my mind that the manga competition winners were going to be announced today though, so that's neat. It's a shame they didn't have a grand prize winner though.

Most of the exciting news we got had to do with western releases of the anime and that happened before DigiFes. 02 is getting a couple of blu-ray boxsets, which is cool. The most shocking news though was the Digimon movie collection containing Digimon Adventure, Our War Game, and Hurricane Touchdown which I never thought would get proper releases over here. Plus they are getting new dubs with as much of the original cast as they could get, even some that hadn't been in any of the recent movie dubs. Also Digimon The Movie is getting a new release. Whether you like subs, dubs, or the mashed together theatrical film, it feels like the people at Discotek are trying to release something for every Digimon fan.
No grand prize winner for the manga competition means that they're probably going to announce it later. And yeah, that Digimon movie collection announcement blew my mind, especially the fact that they're redubbing the movies with as much of the original cast they could get. Never thought I'd see that happen. They said it was the first one, so perhaps we'll get a second movie collection later.

As for the 02 BE Memory Cards, pretty much all anime forms (None of the extra armors from the D-3 and so forth) plus several baddies, Dinobeemon, Valkyrimon, and Vikemon. No Veedramon means the chances of a V-Tamer 01 BE Memory Card coming out later have officially skyrocketed, which is very good news. It's also worth noting that Ukkomon made it as an Adventure Mission unlock (CALLED IT!) and there is a mystery Mega... likely whatever new form they're giving Veemon in the new movie. I'm guessing a fourth mode for Imperialdramon involving Ukkomon, particularly because there's no mystery Champion or Ultimate in between.

...if there's no new form in the movie at all (Possible because the new trailer didn't show any new forms or even who the villain is going to be), maybe they'll give that mystery slot to BlackImperialdramon Fighter Mode... which would be awesome honestly. The redesign they gave him last year is much cooler than it deserves to be and should be used in stuff.

And yeah, just as I predicted, no video game related announcements at DigiFes. Tokyo Game Show or bust it is for the new Digimon Story.

Appmon and Ghost Games anniversaries happened. The Beginning is releasing soon. Pendulum Colors got announced. But still no game news.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on October 03, 2023, 10:06:03 PM
Appmon and Ghost Games anniversaries happened. The Beginning is releasing soon. Pendulum Colors got announced. But still no game news.
No game news at Tokyo Game Show means that what I was afraid of coming to pass has indeed come to pass. We're gonna have to wait until 2024 to hear about the next Digimon Story, because there is absolutely zero chance of The Game Awards giving Digimon any bit of spotlight. At least Bandai came prepared and made sure at least something is going on in between with the Pendulum Colors, which a lot of people wanted to see happen, myself included. So I'd say that's good enough to tide us over while we wait. Already got mine preordered and now I'm wishing February would get here that much sooner, LOL.

Speaking of which, the Digimon Colors are, for lack of a better term, hotness. :) Got my V4 and V5 in recently and finished my first runs on both, specifically for Chaosdramon. Working towards Gankoomon on the V4 now.

Something card game related is in the works. We got a new Magnamon X form and a couple new digimon. We don't know what exactly it entails yet, but it could be interesting. The title was blurred out, but it seems to read Digimon Liberator to me. Also, I think the new digimon hatched from the Ogudomon X egg. The rookie looks cool, but his, I assume, mega in the background looks a bit generic.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on October 30, 2023, 08:57:00 PM
Something card game related is in the works. We got a new Magnamon X form and a couple new digimon. We don't know what exactly it entails yet, but it could be interesting. The title was blurred out, but it seems to read Digimon Liberator to me. Also, I think the new digimon hatched from the Ogudomon X egg. The rookie looks cool, but his, I assume, mega in the background looks a bit generic.

The new Digimon hatching from the Ogudomon X egg (And thus being Jesmon X's disciple) is one guess I have about him. Another guess I have is that he might end up being one of the Vortex Warriors, which is the group that MedievalDukemon leads. We haven't seen that followed up on yet and it's one of the very few things they have yet to follow up on in recent media. I mean, we even got more D-Brigade Digimon this year! What we do know is that we're going to find out more in December. (And yes, the title also seems to be Digimon Liberator to me. Most of the letters are visible if you look closely enough.)

As it wasn't noted, I'm going to do so here. The Digimon Pendulum Colors got announced at the beginning of October, and preorders went up for the first three. I've already got mine preordered. I have nothing but praise for the lineups. Tlalocmon's a cool new Jogres, especially given that they don't delve into Aztec mythology too much. The lineup of additional Digimon has some nice surprises (Especially Callismon on Nightmare Soldiers!). And being able to raise Angoramon, Jellymon, and Loogamon via connection unlocks a la the Pendulum Zs is a nice bonus.

They've also pretty much confirmed via a poll that Gammamon will be the connection unlock on Virus Busters. No word on who that could be for Wind Guardians and Metal Empire yet though. Dorumon and Ryudamon? Pulsemon and Espimon (And if so please give Espimon his Ultimate and Mega)? Maybe the new Digimon is one of them?

Digimon Liberator was properly announced. It's a webcomic and starts next year. We'll get more info in January. 3 new Digimon were shown off with it, the poster boy from the teaser, a plush toy in a shoe, and a pink and blue guy that I can't really make out much. The main Digimon's colors are nice, and it reminds me a bit of Merveamon's younger brother from Xros Wars.

Also, Digimon Con 2024 was announced. I'm not expecting any announcements, so I hope they can make more interesting segments this year.

December 23, 2023, 04:02:28 PM #55 Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 04:07:49 PM by WarOmnimon
Thoughts on the initial Digimon Liberator teaser in a nutshell. (I say initial because we're getting a proper reveal in January as Ryo-Okay pointed out.)

•Really digging the three new Digimon, though we can't see much of the one in the upper left corner. (Me to Bandai: Please put them on BE Memory Cards or use at least one of them as unlockables in the Wave 2 Digimon Pendulum Colors, K THX BAI-)
•The bird certainly isn't Jesmon's disciple at this point, but given that tornado on his finger in the first visual, my speculation that his Ultimate form might be a Vortex Warrior has more weight to it now. I'm also getting masked luchador vibes from him (Maybe Digimon's answer to Hawlucha?)... which means if his Ultimate isn't a Vortex Warrior, it could be a wrestler which I'd also be down for. Also, his color scheme is really cool. Like this guy already.
•The mouse in the shoe looks cute. Looking forward to seeing his evolutions. If there's one thing we know about Digimon at this point, we know that unexpectedly awesome evolutions can come from the least likely Digimon.
•Very happy about the choices of returning Digimon to act as main protags, especially the Pendulum Z boys. (Yay, Ghostmon!) Omekamon's inclusion is the most interesting to me, because if he gets new evolutions we'll finally get a full proper line for ToyAgumon (ToyAgumon > Omekamon has been a thing for a while now, so we'd just slap ToyAgumon at the beginning of whatever they do with Omekamon here).

Also, it's not the Digimon Adventure 25th anniversary we're celebrating next year, but the Digimon Anime 25th anniversary. Looks like I was right about Bandai realizing that Digimon Adventure 02: The Beginning coming out so close to the end of this year would severely limit their options if they just celebrated Adventure's anniversary given that there wouldn't be enough time to produce yet another sequel movie this time, LOL. Digimon Con 2024 is going to be talking about that... hopefully we'll get a proper anniversary season that stands out on its own.

One more thing. Digimon New Century introduced another brand new Digimon, Takutoumon. The fact that his beard gives Gankoomon's a run for its money aside, I love the idea and hopefully we get the other members of the Four Heavenly Kings as Digimon to go with him eventually.

*Mutters something about Bandai Namco not wanting to make a fully detailed Digimon announcement this close to Christmas for some reason and yet feeling that it's okay to make potentially big announcements for THE iDOLM@STER on Christmas Day being super inconsistent under his breath despite being a fan of both franchises*

Double post because we finally got a proper update on the Digimon Liberator side of things this morning in the form of Pteromon, Galemon, Shoemon, and Shoeshoemon's Digimon Reference Book profiles. Turns out that Shoemon is a chipmunk or squirrel, not a mouse. Didn't see that coming, but it makes me happy because we haven't had a chipmunk or squirrel Digimon yet. So happy that I changed my profile photo over it, LOL. :)

Really hoping we get an announcement of BE Memory Cards for Pteromon and Shoemon and / or confirmation of them being on the Wind Guardians and Metal Empire Digimon Pendulum Colors as unlockables soon. (Though I'm guessing that Espimon will end up being the Metal Empire Pendulum Color unlockable, so BE Memory Cards seem more ideal; we already know Gammamon will be the unlockable on Virus Busters.)

Pteromon and Galemon are great and are already some of my favorite new Digimon from the last few years. I like Shoemon, but Shoeshoemon just doesn't do it for me. I can't quite put my finger on why I don't like it much, but I don't. I don't think it's bad and I'm sure it will grow on me, but right now I'm not a fan.

We recently got some smaller info drops for Digimon Liberator. A couple more Tamers were revealed, and it looks like BlackImperialdramon Fighter Mode is going to be a major baddie (Which means if we get BE Memory Cards based on Liberator, he'll be raisable on one of them... I've been waiting for this!). Still not much else beyond that; seems like we'll have to wait until Digimon Con for further info drops.

The Digimon Pendulum Colors and Pulsemon BE Memory Card are being released on February 22, so I should have mine by the end of the month. In the meantime, I started my Digimon Pendulum Z II Virus Busters back up recently and am en route to raising Huanglongmon.