GXP Anime Discussion

Started by AstroNerdBoy, December 22, 2022, 10:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Eff Efferson on January 30, 2023, 11:57:34 PM
also this will have a novel too we need to aquire it x.x i still regret not buying one of the live action dvds

Regrettably, the novel is only available in Japan.

Quote from: Dreamr on February 07, 2023, 05:39:41 PM
Quote from: Eff Efferson on January 30, 2023, 11:57:34 PM
also this will have a novel too we need to aquire it x.x i still regret not buying one of the live action dvds

Regrettably, the novel is only available in Japan.
has never stoped us before we got novels 4 and 5

5 just hasnt been sent in for scanning so i wasnt able to ocr and translate it. plus there didnt seem to be much reason or hype to the best were getting is extra dialoge with tenchi and his harem
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on January 26, 2023, 11:21:01 AM
We got release dates for all 6 episodes.

Episode 1 - 5/26
Episode 2 - 6/30
Episode 3 - 7/28
Episode 4 - 8/25
Episode 5 - 9/29
Episode 6 - 10/27

I wonder if there's the faintest chance these will have multi-language subs.

This news is a few days old, but I only saw it now. They announced who is doing the OP and ED.
https://twitter.com/tenchi4th/status/1626405080290447360
https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000003939.000032953.html

Quote from: full gonzo on February 12, 2023, 01:13:17 AM
I wonder if there's the faintest chance these will have multi-language subs.
0% chance of that.

February 20, 2023, 02:20:25 AM #49 Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 02:29:59 AM by Harls
Quote from: BobSchlotkin on January 14, 2023, 06:21:56 AM
Quote from: GP cadet 87 on January 12, 2023, 11:46:10 PM
I'm assuming the new elf woman on the far left is Airen, the princess from the fantasy planet Seina gets stranded on?

Just seeing the cast picture feels surreal, that this is actually happening. For over a decade, it looked like the Tenchi franchise was dead in the water, now it Kajishima is getting all kinds of projects green-lit.

I can't be 100% certain, but based on the illustrations in GXP15 and 17, I think that the elf woman is Nayuta. She is built-in NB that Washu gave him.

Her entry in the character page appears to confirm this. https://kinematics.jp/tenchi-gxp/character.html

Diving in for the first time, I see we have episode 1's story outline. https://kinematics.jp/tenchi-gxp/story.html
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

March 08, 2023, 03:37:23 AM #50 Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 02:43:43 PM by Dreamr
Hmm.... quick and dirty translations commencing... and I do mean dirty. omg I love these online translation programs. First page 姦計 gets translated as fornication. I swear the writers do this on purpose. I love how the kanji is three woman followed by words joining...

Introduction:
After being kidnapped from the wedding venue and taken away from his home, Yamada Seina finally returned to the Earth in the solar system.
While his wives were still busy with their remaining duties in the Renza and Jurai regions, he returned to the solar system with Miki and the other Fukuchans...Earth, he had returned to Masaki Village.
Tenchi and the others welcomed them back, and they were surprised by the secrets that Tenchi revealed to them, but for the time being, they decided to stay in Masaki Village, at the home of Kiriko's mother, Tsukiko.
Tsukiko, who has treated them like family since their childhood, reveals her feelings to them....

Seina returns to Earth, where he strives to complete his mission despite the many mishaps and misfortunes he has encountered in space.
The GXP Renza Arc, which does not show the full story, and Tenchi Muyo! GXP Paradise Start-up Arc, which connects to the fifth season of Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki.

Episode 1 - Home of Long Ago...? From Renza
Script by Hideki Shirane, Storyboards by Fumikazu Sato, Directed by Takashi Asami, Animation Director by Tomoyuki Abe, Mineori Suzuki

A spaceship, "Kamidake", warps out of the navigational space and appears in open space. Its captain, Yamada Seina, has finally returned to his longed-for hometown.
He now heads for Earth, the solar system, where misfortune awaits him.

The scenery around his parents' home has changed from what he remembers. As soon as they arrived on Earth and exchanged greetings with Tenchi and the others who greeted them, they were told a bombshell story.
His best friend and Kiriko's younger brother, " Kai Masaki," was engaged to his younger sister, Yoshiko, and his family's Yamada Store was about to be transformed into a huge shopping mall.

Against this backdrop, a return trip to the family home was not welcomed by Kai, and with the scheming (evil design / wicked plan) of Washu and her friends, Kai and Kiriko were forced to stay at the home of Tsukiko Masaki, Kai and Kiriko's mother.

...Although he was very fond of the house where he had spent his childhood with Kiriko, Kai, Tsukiko and others, Seina had nostalgic but complicated feelings toward Kiriko's mother, whom he had admired so much.

How very interesting, thank you for the summary.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on February 19, 2023, 10:17:11 PM
0% chance of that.
^ On the exact date and on the home video releases, that is. Once Crunchyroll puts them up, that's when we'll get subs. IIRC, the episodes of OVA 5 were up within a week (Or possibly less) of their release dates, so if all goes well we should be getting the episodes in short time unless some kind of international licensing snafu comes up (Which you can never rule those out).
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: Dreamr on March 08, 2023, 03:37:23 AM
Hmm.... quick and dirty translations commencing... and I do mean dirty. omg I love these online translation programs. First page 姦計 gets translated as fornication. I swear the writers do this on purpose. I love how the kanji is three woman followed by words joining...

姦 kansuru is the kanji for rape. so yeah
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

:rape: So they're going with the GXP anime epilogue...

The Tenchi twitter tweeted a youtube link to a private video saying it was a PV. So they either messed something up and privated it, or it will be going public soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJxq1rWMMtg

The new PV is live now. Nothing of interest was really shown, but we got to see some new animation. It looks on par with OVA 5 quality wise.

Oh lord... gotta love the auto translate on the last two...

"...new misfortune story that begins after our main character Yamada Sei and the others returned to Earth from the semen on the toilet seat"
:really:
:cantdeal:

...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on April 26, 2023, 03:03:08 PM
Oh lord... gotta love the auto translate on the last two...

"...new misfortune story that begins after our main character Yamada Sei and the others returned to Earth from the semen on the toilet seat"
:really:
:cantdeal:

inorite? I swear they intentionally write things in such a way so that they will get auto-translated into foul language.