OVA 5 Novel Major Reaveals

Started by Eff Efferson, February 28, 2023, 04:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 28, 2023, 04:10:25 PM Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 07:40:39 PM by Eff Efferson
I'm still translating the novel and I'm almost done with the first episode.

third update: A Lot of what was cut in episode two is dialoge and scenes involving yoshiko and seina's mom, i assume they couldn't get the Voice actresses.

second update: 3/4/23
there are quite a few cut scenes in episode 2
we were supposed to get a grown up Yoshiko appearance
when Kuisu says don't get carried away with ryo-ohki to ayeka according to the text she is referening to the EVER PRESENT NEVER SHOWN ALWAYS MENTIONED fight against tarrant that tenchi had that is always mentioned in passing and has never ever been shown. at this point we could practicly write this scene lol i hate that he never did and yet still refers to it as if he has

Here is the first major update on the good stuff!

Pages 29-about 36 feature an entire cut scene before tenchi shows up and sees the dragon. It seems the whole Is Jovia the reincarnation of kiyone thing was supposed to be more then just a passing mention. I wonder if this will end up in the new OVA.

It seems Jovia is in fact a Reincarnated isekai character who actually was from around that area of japan and died a few years ago and she was upset because she ran into her old friends and they recognized her.
this is right after kiriko drags her away from the sea dragon she summons in episode 1

I just fixed up the translation
"What happened out there?" Kiriko, who brought Jovia back to the living room, asked the first question.
By the way, since Ryo-Ohki and Kenshi looked sad, the Sea Dragon was left as is.
"What are you talking about? I'm the same as usual."
"I don't want you to get used to it, but I've known you for a long time."
"............Chee! You've got a good eye."
"It's easy to understand you once you've gotten used to you." Karen nodded.
"Kuh!...... I'll admit that. Even Echin and the others knew."
(it seems like she has a habit of using chin instead of chan, and I'm sure this is a penis (chinpo) joke)
"What happened over there? did something happen to your family?"
"They were in such good spirits that I hated it. No...my friends found out about me."
"They you found out... did you actually talk to them!?"
"I couldn't help it.
"I'm sure......wait do you mean?"
"............yes"
"Time flows differently here and there, and it's only been about eight years since I died here. However, the streets and the people who live there are no different from my memories of my previous life. "In other words, this Japan is definitely my previous life. So I thought in a rural town that's not even a famous tourist spot, a foreigner like me will stand out, so I'll disguise myself..." Jovia took out and put on sunglasses, a mask, and a deep hat, a classic disguise worn by celebrities.
"I think that stands out too much."
"It was okay! Everyone was looking away. So, among those people, who definitely weren't staring at me, I noticed that there was a group of people who were whispering from time to time. When I looked closely, I noticed they're old friends. I didn't realize it right away because they were on the phone. There, and then there he was..."
"Are you sure this person was Sachin?"
"Oh, my best friend, who killed me indirectly, called to me, or so I thought, he was observing me for a while, but suddenly he approached me and said, 'It's been a long time.'"
"What? Did you mistake me for someone else?"
"No he properly called me by my name from my previous life.
"What do you mean?"
"....... well the friends I met for the first time told Sachin that there was a suspicious person."
"""Well, you look like that.""" Everyone there nodded deeply.
""I see!"" but 'Suspicious' is one of my old nicknames."
Kiriko and Karen unintentionally raised their voices at Jovia's displeased words.
""It fits Perfectly!""
"Thank you for your annoying remarks."
"Well, even if you were completely convinced, the fact that your friend called you by a nickname means, well does that mean that your friend had a certain degree of certainty?"
"It's easy to understand once you get used to what Kiriko-chan said earlier, right? About my mother.. Even if she 'reincarnated', if she still had memories of my previous life, I'm confident I would notice her"
".........Well, that's what it is." Jovia nodded bitterly at Tennyo's remark.
"Even if that's true, whether or not you suddenly believe in reincarnation..."
"Humph! Sachin is even more 'Otaku' than I am! What's more, he's a super geek with a lot of brain rot from it. "'Reincarnation in another world' is a big deal." It's his favorite."
"If you didn't admit to it, wouldn't it have ended as just a misunderstanding?"
"Kyuh... Kameya's deluxe parfait got me bad!" Jovia clenched her fists and groaned.
"In my previous life, that was the greatest reward for me!"
"In other words, you were lured in by that 'Kameya' deluxe parfait?"
"I was going to run away as soon as I ate it, but... the nostalgic taste made me happy, so I ended up talking to him..."
"....You mean you fell into the perfect trap."
"And with just one sweet, huh... it was that simple." Kiriko and Karen, who had known each other for a long time, had most astonished faces.
"Well, the desserts made by Kiriko-san and Karen-san are the best and also top of the line, right? But there are times when potato chips and junk food are good too! And Jovia fell down on the table,
"The only resistance I could put up was to buy that coward three cups of Delux parfait~ I cried aloud  lying to myself.
"Is it crazy to remember someone you don't know?" Airi, of course, came to Rea's mind.
"It's okay, Mrs. Rea. I think it's not that strange, and if you're right...perhaps it's why Seina-chan is obsessed with Mecha and sci-fi things?"
(They say that kinda type this they mean mechas and scifi)
Rea and Tennyo weren't whispering, but they were talking normally with exasperated faces.
"So how much did you talk? Who knows about you?"
"Uh, I didn't say anything related to space, so don't worry.
"Yes............" Only Sachin knows that I came here. I made him promise to tell my other friends it was a trick." Kiriko relaxed her expression as if relieved.
"Then how is your family doing according to your friend?"
"Well, it seems that a lot of things happened after my accident, but it seems that Sachin on took a lot of trouble. Of course, he was responsible for most of the accident! My reputation is ruined! It's fine because I'm dead, but if I was alive, I'd be embarrassed and suicidal!"
......that's a gag that only you can say. It's questionable that your current reputation is good." Karen agreed with Kiriko on the irony of the statement.
"That's not a big deal, but I don't want to be falsely accused of corruption that was forced on me by Sachin!"
"Is it somehow only wrong because he was corrupting you and not the other way around?"
"The woman who was always wiping her buttocks was crying, wasn't she?"
"I want to cry more than you! Actually, my previous mother secretly watched Sachin's rotten doujin that I was hiding from long ago, and after my death, she and Sachin talked about rotten things!? I don't want a mother who gets excited about rotten stuff with her classmates!"
"That's another nice boomerang of a twist."
"Actually, I've been a closet otaku for a long time, and recently I've been reading online novels, and I've even learned about beings reincarnated into another world, so I was shocked when she told me and I believed her right away!" Karen said in a Serious tone Jovia gracefully ignored her and continued talking.
"So you're going to ask about it obviously so let's get to it, "if you let her know that I'm still alive in the form of reincarnation, my mother will be happy", yes but......"
"That's no good! The moment I tell my mother about it, the whole neighborhood will know and then it will be known throughout the town in less than three days. So for now, I'm just going to consult with Satchin and see how things go." "
"Well That's fine...I wouldn't call that a bad situation. Why were you in such a depressed mood?"
"Even if I was a human there in my previous life, I'm a stranger now... I was melancholy thinking that I had no choice but to look at this nostalgic place from the outside!"
"Yeah... Well, you're just that kind of person, aren't you?"
Kiriko and the others were amazed. Tennyo and Rea half laughed. Then, They heard the sound of a car stopping with tremendous force.

for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Vey nice.

Have you looked over the whole bit about Kuis questioning Sasami and the others about how they know she's Mirror Seto?
That section still sticks out sorely to me, especially the stuff about Tenchi "ascending" Ryu-oh or whatever. Kyoko getting more powerful, thanks to Washu, makes sense to me, but Tenchi also apparently being able to improve a ship to be a higher level seems to have all kinds of ramifications.
...in my pants

Quote from: WaitoKon on March 01, 2023, 02:16:47 PM
Tenchi did what?

Exactly my point- it's a really weird line and conversation.
The scene completely skips over the actual explanation and straight to Kuis' conclusions.

After Sasami apparently explains everything, Kuis is contemplating Kyoko and Ryu-oh and she says... "I guess Tenchi-dono has ascended Ryu-Oh-chan"
Sasami: "And that's how your identity was revealed"
Kuis: "Don't worry Ryu-Oh-chan. I won't yell at Ayeka-chan and the others anymore. I was just a bit surprised. So, should I be considering Kyoko-chan as a first-generation class, then?"
Ayeka: Kyoko seems to have taken to Washu-sama's tuning.
etc. etc.... Kyoko is a Ryo-Ohki type hybrid.... Some of Jurai may get upset- so everyone on Earth better be careful not to reveal too much...

I'm thinking someone in the production decided there was too much talk (fair point) and cut out a little too much... So, hoping it's in the novelization.

...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on March 02, 2023, 11:55:54 AM
Quote from: WaitoKon on March 01, 2023, 02:16:47 PM
Tenchi did what?

Exactly my point- it's a really weird line and conversation.
The scene completely skips over the actual explanation and straight to Kuis' conclusions.

After Sasami apparently explains everything, Kuis is contemplating Kyoko and Ryu-oh and she says... "I guess Tenchi-dono has ascended Ryu-Oh-chan"
Sasami: "And that's how your identity was revealed"
Kuis: "Don't worry Ryu-Oh-chan. I won't yell at Ayeka-chan and the others anymore. I was just a bit surprised. So, should I be considering Kyoko-chan as a first-generation class, then?"
Ayeka: Kyoko seems to have taken to Washu-sama's tuning.
etc. etc.... Kyoko is a Ryo-Ohki type hybrid.... Some of Jurai may get upset- so everyone on Earth better be careful not to reveal too much...

I'm thinking someone in the production decided there was too much talk (fair point) and cut out a little too much... So, hoping it's in the novelization.

even without looking i can tell you it means hes more powerful then a gen 1 ship so he can force them to stop fighting and to give up provate information
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Oh yeah, I know how the generations work. Since Mikagami is a second generation ship, only ships that "rank" higher than her are privy to their knowledge. So, Kyoko and Ryu-oh having raised in status means they can know Mikagami's secrets... and that Noike and Ayeka could also know... Although it seems a  little indelicate for them to just search out and share such information- it makes sense. Kuis is mad at Sasami because, as master and partly merged (or whatever) with Tsunami and the "ship" Tsunami, Kuis already knows Sasami could know her "secret" but  is upset that Sasami would tell others.

But Tenchi being able to "ascend" other ships is confusing. It's not that I don't think it'd be impossible for him to do so... but maybe a little odd that he WOULD do so, consciously or not. It also seems like a very high "godly" level skill, one I'd think he wouldn't have grown into yet..
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on March 02, 2023, 04:07:43 PM
Oh yeah, I know how the generations work. Since Mikagami is a second generation ship, only ships that "rank" higher than her are privy to their knowledge. So, Kyoko and Ryu-oh having raised in status means they can know Mikagami's secrets... and that Noike and Ayeka could also know... Although it seems a  little indelicate for them to just search out and share such information- it makes sense. Kuis is mad at Sasami because, as master and partly merged (or whatever) with Tsunami and the "ship" Tsunami, Kuis already knows Sasami could know her "secret" but  is upset that Sasami would tell others.

But Tenchi being able to "ascend" other ships is confusing. It's not that I don't think it'd be impossible for him to do so... but maybe a little odd that he WOULD do so, consciously or not. It also seems like a very high "godly" level skill, one I'd think he wouldn't have grown into yet..

the descriptive text deifnatly expands on that. tenchi has waaaaaay expanded his skills by now.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I just now saw the file I uploaded and its not the best quality...I think I messed something up while finishing the scan. Im gonna upload a better version tomorrow.

Quote from: kikai ninjin on March 03, 2023, 12:43:07 AM
I just now saw the file I uploaded and its not the best quality...I think I messed something up while finishing the scan. Im gonna upload a better version tomorrow.
there was a bunch of errors ocring it but its not your fault its how they formated the text unevenly.

i dint need you to do anything more ive already copied all the text and translated it to google english.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

March 08, 2023, 04:45:37 AM #10 Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 06:02:39 AM by Dreamr
I'm wondering if "ascended" is perhaps not the best word there. It would make way more sense if she was saying that Tenchi had ascended over Ryu-oh and Kyoko (ascended in power), rather than increasing the trees' power. It could be entirely Washu's doing that the trees are also more powerful. And since the trees are "leveling up" to near first generation power levels, having Tenchi out-strip them would be deeply concerning in a political structure where one's political power is directly tied to the strength of one's partner tree. Or in Tenchi's case, his personal ability to generate LHW.

Well, shiznit. Just dl'ed and translated the relevant passage from the novel. 「天地殿が龍皇ちゃんをアセンションしちゃったか・・・・・・」
Literally says Tenchi did an ascension. That is just weird.

Incidentally, Tenchi doesn't need to be more powerful than any of the trees to learn their secrets, because theoretically he still has the master key tucked away somewhere.

To go way back to episode 13, this also gives more weight as to why Funaho and Yosho were so concerned about Ryoko's potential to generate LHW. If one day she could just walk into the palace and say "Your asses belong to me!" and make it stick, that might be a problem for Juraian society.

In OVA 5 ep 2, aboard Kyoko, Kuis says "with Ryoko", not Ryo-ohki, though they are something of a package deal.

Since I couldn't find official japanese subs easily, (Crunchyroll for some reason does not have Japanese subs, lol) I gave it a listen. I believe Kuis said "とこに阿重霞ちゃんはと魎呼ちゃんと一笑になとよりするなよにね。" (tokoniAekachantoRyokochantoisshouninatoyorisurunayonine), which comes out as something like "More importantly, Aeka and Ryoko are nothing to laugh at either, right?"

Aeka replies: "気よっつけます" (kiyottsukemasu), "I'll be careful."

At least, that's how it sounded to me.

edit: I wasn't that far off on the audio. It was 特に阿重霞ちゃんは魎呼ちゃんと一緒になってやり過ぎないようにね. "Especially Aeka, don't overdo it with Ryoko" and yes, it was in reference to Tarant Shank.

That would be such a fun little flashback. Maybe they can fit it in the next OVA, as what happened has never been portrayed in any format.

"The Day Tarant Shank Thought he was a Badass and Came to Japan"
...in my pants

lol, found a nice little tidbit.

p11 when Tokimi is sitting on Tennyo's head, she says: "I was trying to imitate my niece. I was told that my sister would get a kick out of it."

Sounds like the kind of practical joke Sasami or Washu might play on someone.

Quote from: Dreamr on March 08, 2023, 08:05:32 PM
lol, found a nice little tidbit.

p11 when Tokimi is sitting on Tennyo's head, she says: "I was trying to imitate my niece. I was told that my sister would get a kick out of it."

Sounds like the kind of practical joke Sasami or Washu might play on someone.

her neice is ryohoki
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

March 09, 2023, 05:40:43 PM #14 Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 06:20:59 PM by Dreamr
Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 09, 2023, 03:54:25 PM
her neice is ryohoki

Oh, yeah, forgot about that. That makes more sense.

I found the ecchin line. Seems strange to me, too. I thought that the "エ" could be the kanji that looks identical, "工". So I played with that in jisho a bit to see what came up. It perhaps maybe could be 工賃達 (kouchintachi). Which would reprhase the whole sentence as "I found out about the wages." Makes sense for someone with a huge ego that doesn't want to work for a living.

But I kept reading and... yeah. I agree with Eff, Jovia just calls them Ecchin and Sacchin for "reasons" that will likely never be completely divulged. Might have something to do with the rotten brain otaku stuff.