E3 2013

Started by Tenchi Ryu, June 09, 2013, 04:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Welp, its that time....Here is the thread were we can cheer, have bitchfits or even get horny. Ready for anything this year.

Dr.Soviet's Pre E3 Grade

Sony B+ (Some games,PS4 Hardware reveal)
Nintendo C+ (Rehashs,some original games)
Microsoft F (No games other than the usual Halo/Caw of dooty etc etc)

PC Master Race Grade: ???

Just my predictions.

Nah, if that list we saw has some truth to it, as well as some new list starting to spread are true, MS looks like it will have a decent show gamewise...

If Killer Instinct is really coming... :worship: :worship: :worship:

And Seeing the new Fable will be nice.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on June 09, 2013, 09:03:19 PM

I wouldn't expect the new Killer Instinct to be that good considering what Rare has been reduced to.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on June 09, 2013, 09:17:44 PM
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on June 09, 2013, 09:03:19 PM

I wouldn't expect the new Killer Instinct to be that good considering what Rare has been reduced to.
I'll give them a chance. Remember when Midway also hit rock bottom? After MK4, the new games were just not really hitting the same success that they use to. But they got one more chance on the current gen consoles and they hit big. If Killer Instinct can do something similar to that....they can become a legit force in the fighting game world again

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on June 09, 2013, 09:46:22 PM
I'll give them a chance. Remember when Midway also hit rock bottom? After MK4, the new games were just not really hitting the same success that they use to. But they got one more chance on the current gen consoles and they hit big. If Killer Instinct can do something similar to that....they can become a legit force in the fighting game world again

Except Midway had to go Bankrupt first: "As of 2013, Midway is a corporation existing under Delaware law subject to a Chapter 11 bankruptcy liquidation plan, and now known as NetherRealm Studios."

Yeah. Not only did they hit rock bottom, they no longer exist. NetherRealm Studios might be the spiritual successor (the MK guy is still there at least), but for all intent and purpose, it's a new company. A 'new' start so to speak.

And we'll see what MS presents at E3. I'll be honest, I expect a decent showing in terms of games by MS. Does NOT change my view about the Xbox One at all (all the restrictions MS is placing on it. And how, gaming wise at least, MS is trying to basically turn it into a PC), but MS is throwing a lot of money at the games. Something 'good' must come of it right?

T-minus 10 minutes til the big boogydown

MS Studios president making a STRONG statement about this being a PURE game showcase....

Clearly MS has been paying attention to the criticism

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

MS GOT METAL GEAR SOLID?!?!?!?!?!?!

DDAAAAMMMMMNNNNNN

HOLY SHIT....XBONE's graphics look DAAAAMMNNN good

3D KILLER INSTINCT CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Me personally, I definitely saw some stuff I liked with XBONE. That 500 dollar starting price is a little steep though IMO. If Ryse's graphics are a indication of what this system starts at and can improve, I think I can have hope. I also think the new Xbox exclusive Titan will seriously challenge COD and Battlefront.

MGS5 is NOT exclusive to the Xbox One.

But still~

Yes I know. Still means you don't need say, a PS4 for it. However, not being exclusive simply means I don't need to buy an Xbox One for it either.

Killer Instinct looks alright. I'm supposing these are gameplay graphics and not prerendered that is being passed off as ingame (like what Sony has been doing. That's right, Sony are far from saints at E3 presentations). However, generally speaking not being a fan of fighting games, going to personal preference here, not something I'd run out to get an Xbox One. That being said, it's nice that MS is using their Rare properties again. Instead of banishing the developer to Kinect games.

Dead Rising 3 is a little more significant. And unlike MGS5, is an Xbox One exclusive. At least, for now (could be a timed exclusive).

Halo is Halo. If there wasn't a Halo game on the Xbone, I'd be even more disappointed. But eh. They are great games.

Going to be completely honest, I... expected more. Killer Instinct was already hinted it. Dead Rising 3? I haven't played the first 2 beyond the demo. Still, what I've played of them I like them, so good game. Not a system seller game though. Titanfall? Looks like an FPS game. Not a fan of FPS games in general but if it is good, can't complain. MGS5 being on it is good. Not exclusive but hey, still good for Xbone.

So gaming wise, I'll give them a B-. Didn't wow me with "OMG! That game is exclusive to that system?!" but at least it was a good effort.

However...

$499. That's pretty damn high price for it.

Now before you go "but the last generation systems were at that price AND higher" you're right. One problem...

Which system was winning early on in the console wars? What happened to the PS3 when it was a very high price? Before the price drop and Sony took their stick out of their ass out? Not to mention, the economy is still in the tank (even though it is getting better), so $499 is not a positive.

It's also 499 Euros. Which is like $600 US for them.

Sony didn't announce their price for the system yet. If it is a similar price, I'm expecting an increase in Wii U sales.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on June 10, 2013, 01:02:07 PM
3D KILLER INSTINCT CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
*Insert "You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention" meme here*

After seeing the trailer for this bad boy - and finding out that the 24 hour connection thing was just worded wrong at first - I may just get an xBox ONE now.  I was a huge fan of both KI games growing up, so obvious nostalgia trip is obvious for me.  Hopefully this one is as good as the first two were for their time.  :woot:

Still not a fan of the steep price tag for the system though...  :staredog:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)