OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I do wonder who will be  the main antagonists for OVA 4.  One candidate for one of the main antagonists is King Azusa Masaki Jurai.  At the end of TM episode, King Azusa was opposed to Tenchi being Ayeaka ,and Sasami's husband. Likely after learning the truth of Tenchi being a kami,  Azusa will have to change his mind.  Likely becoming Tenchi's father-in-law, Azusa's role as antagonist is limited.  Azusa will only set up up some conditions which Tenchi has to agreed to, in order to allow Tenchi to married Sasami and Ayeka.  One of the possible conditions for Tenchi is for naming Ayeka's and his first son after Azusa's father Kazuki.  If OVA 4 has 13 episodes, one episode can show how Azusa is able to realized that Tenchi is going to be a great hushand to Ayeka and Sasami.  Oddly, one of the reasons for Azusa's change of heart and mind can be a result of one or both of his wives becoming pregnant.

I hope that OVA 4 is its own series, not the prequel to TENCHI MUYO: WAR ON GEMINAR.   One of the best ways for ending OVA 4 is a special episode which focuses on Lady Seto forcing Tenchi into a group wedding ceremony. 

I do want to expect learning the identities of Mihoshi's paternal grandparents, and Nakita meeting Tenchi. Still, the only thing which I have come to expect from OVA 4 is Sasami going to school for social reasons.

:lies: :son: :sotw: :soqoot: :laugh: :moodswing:

Quote from: Gaston on July 11, 2016, 02:06:40 PM
So it has only 4 episodes or just the first 4 episodes has a date so far?

Like a lot of anime projects these days, I imagine they're only going to dedicate a toe in the water, and only keep going on as long as it pays or it's finished.  The days of extended OAVs in the pipeline are long gone.

You may see it cancelled as early as the second episode if sales just don't pan out.  Remember, Ai Tenchi simply did not have the sales numbers and extra TV runs (licensing money) did not happen, so they aren't sure of the strength of this series.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Damn so if they're not sure on how long the series legs will have, you're gonna get massive info dumps and you're gonna like it.

:sotw:

A 45 min episode making us confused as shit better than not having shit, I'll take it.

Wasn't the series supposed to run for 7 episodes? Perhaps they will release 3 of the collections as 2 episodes, and 1 as 1 episode? However, if all of the them cost the same, this may be unlikely.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

We are actually quite lucky to get four episodes. Any more, anime is used as an advertisement for an existing manga or light novel series (or as in the case of Macross Delta, an advertisement to sell music CDs) with the side bonus that fans then buy said advertisement on BD/DVD for outrageous prices.

The Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki OVA series isn't advertising anything except itself. I'm just hoping that sales are good enough to get AIC to allow more episodes. But obviously, Kajishima-sensei can't count on that, so if there is any overarching story, it will be contained within four episodes is what I'd guess.

For a lot of anime series, the typical number of episodes is 26.  So far, the total number of episodes for OVA 4 announced are 4.  It is starting to look like that OVA 4 is likely the last series for the Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-Ohki series. 

For the future of the Tenchi Muyo mulitiverse,  I can expect more series.  How many is up to AIC and Kajishima.  I do want a sequel for the TM: WAR ON GEMINAR series.  Another ideal for a sequel is focus on one of Tenchi's own children.  A propose title for the series is TENCHI MUYO! THE NEXT GENERATION.

:Hap: :end: :vrage: :how: :woa: :glol:

I would love a new Geminar Series, I particularly would love Tenchi and company coming to visit Geminar! I think AIC and Kajishima will do Paradise War and OAV 5 before you see any more Geminar.

The thought of only getting four episodes has put a bit of a downer on my OVA4 excitement.

So with only 4 eps, could there be an expectation for longer eps?  Like around an hour each?  Although no matter how many eps, I just hope that there is a complete story (or epilogue/whatever it turns out to be) told to us.  Nothing worse for fans than a major cliffhanger at the end *cough*(half-life 2 ep2)*cough*

Quote from: DeusChex ^////^ on July 30, 2016, 12:47:45 AM
could there be an expectation for longer eps?
They're already solicited as 30 minutes each, so I doubt it.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on July 30, 2016, 07:31:11 AM
Quote from: DeusChex ^////^ on July 30, 2016, 12:47:45 AM
could there be an expectation for longer eps?
They're already solicited as 30 minutes each, so I doubt it.

Ah, didn't know this.  Bummer.  But again, as long it's a complete thought being told, I'd be ultimately cool with it.

Maybe there will be 3 more episodes released after this?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

New character designs.

Blu-Ray Pre-Order Extra (Masaki Kajishima drawing):

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.