Xbox Thread

Started by Tenchi Ryu, April 25, 2013, 12:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just ordered a transforming dpad from China. I'm going to convert my wired 360 controller and if I like the results, maybe modify the others too. The transforming dpad only cost $3.50 shipped. At that price I'm willing to hack up one of my controllers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Black-Black-transforming-rotating-dpad-for-New-Version-xbox360-controller-/171157825884

http://www.youtube.com/v/sW0PM-vvtGQ

http://www.youtube.com/v/g8MCYIH9E7s

April 10, 2014, 09:51:41 PM #91 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:55:17 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Damn that's a good price.

Those chinese mofos charged me 8 dollars for shipping for my red one, shouldn't have went through amazon. Also try to get a real cutting tool, cause using a Razor blade is frustrating as hell.

Yeah the price is why I did not order one before. I believe that last time I checked, most were still trying to charge nearly $15 shipped and I was like fuck that. For that price my modified dpads work just fine.

That said, I noted from the pictures that the transforming dpad has the same molding flaw. So before I install it I'm going to fill the gap between each tooth with a little hot glue. That way I'm not shortening the dpad motion by increasing the dpad thickness between the controller molding and the contact pad. And to be honest, I would not even bother at this point, had it not been for my displeasure at how much gap Microsoft left between the ring and the dpad molding, due to them using that goofy circular diamond design. Which is the design flaw that causes the dpad to move around. And does so even after adding a roughed up spacer underneath (coarse sandpapered it) & gluing the spacer directly to the dpad molding. I had hoped that would stiffen everything up, after the massive improvement the spacer made to the dpad. But, well, a nearly free fix cannot fix everything.

Gotta give it to MS, these updates have been kicking ass. Really liking the Youtube upload update.

Transforming dpad arrived today from the land of counterfeit goods and wouldn't you know it, the build quality on it is complete shit. I figure I'd toy with it before butchering my controller and I see the dpad flexing inward. Meaning that the plastic quality is so poor, that it'd guaranteed to break. So much for that investment. I really need to stop giving counterfeit Chinese goods the benefit of doubt. Because they always end up being a massive disappointment. Oh well, at least it did not cost me a small fortune.

BTW They also included a new set of analog sticks, which was a nice unexpected extra. But the catch is they're red. Not black or grey, but red.

QuoteSince the beginning, we have focused on delivering great games and entertainment experiences for you. Your feedback matters to us and it shapes the products and services we build. Your feedback showed up in the Xbox One console we launched back in November and in the monthly updates we've delivered since.

Today, we're excited to share more ways your feedback is impacting the products we build.

First, beginning on June 9th, in all markets where Xbox One is sold, we will offer Xbox One starting at $399*. This is a new console option that does not include Kinect. For $399, our new Xbox One offering will continue to deliver access to the best blockbuster games like "Titanfall," "Call of Duty: Ghosts," "Forza Motorsport 5," "Dead Rising 3," and the upcoming "Watch Dogs," "Destiny" and "Sunset Overdrive." You will also be able to access popular entertainment apps, such as Twitch, YouTube, and Netflix, as well as watch live TV and use OneGuide.  Finally, you will continue to be able to use many of the unique features of Xbox One including the ability to get game invites while you watch TV, switch between games and entertainment apps, enjoy Twitch broadcasts, and upload your favorite gaming moments.

Next, we're bringing more value to Xbox Live Gold members and offering all Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners access to entertainment apps whether or not you have an Xbox Live Gold membership.  In early June, here is what you can expect from the new generation of Xbox Live:

Free games with Games with Gold**. Since Games with Gold launched on Xbox 360 a year ago, over 12 million people have enjoyed great free games, resulting in nearly 200 million hours of free fun playing Games with Gold titles. We've been learning from your feedback and have focused on making improvements each month to the selection of titles. To celebrate the one-year anniversary of Games with Gold for Xbox 360 and as a thank you for helping shape this program, members will receive an additional free Xbox 360 game in June. The Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 in June are "Dark Souls," "Charlie Murder" and a bonus game of "Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition." We're pleased to bring Games with Gold to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One in June. Members will have subscription-based access to free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars. The program will launch on Xbox One with "Max: The Curse of Brotherhood" and "Halo: Spartan Assault." A single Gold membership will get you access to the free games for both Xbox One and Xbox 360.

Exclusive Discounts. Deals with Gold will also launch for Xbox One in June, delivering discounts for great games each month, with significant savings for Xbox Live Gold members. The first titles offered in June will include "Forza Motorsport 5," "Ryse: Son of Rome," and a few other surprises. In the coming months, we will offer significant savings of up to 50 – 75 percent off certain titles. This program will continue to be available for Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox 360. And new on Xbox One, we will launch a virtual VIP room exclusive to Xbox Live Gold members where we will feature free games, monthly deals, and other great benefits.

Popular entertainment apps will be available for all Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners. Xbox 360 has been a leader in delivering entertainment experiences for years, with over 170 global entertainment apps and experiences available today. We're constantly adding new partners and experiences to the growing catalog on Xbox One. Coming in June, anyone with an Xbox will be able to access popular entertainment experiences – whether or not you have an Xbox Live Gold membership. This includes great gaming apps like Machinima, Twitch and Upload, popular video services like Netflix, Univision Deportes, GoPro, Red Bull TV and HBO GO, sports experiences like the NFL app for Xbox One, MLB.TV, NBA Game Time, NHL Game Center and more.*** Microsoft experiences including Internet Explorer, Skype, OneDrive and OneGuide will also be available to all Xbox customers.**** You can find a full list of apps and features that will be available below.

We've heard that you want more choices from Xbox One. You want a wide variety of options in your games and entertainment experiences and you also want options in your hardware selection.

To be clear, as we introduce this new Xbox One console option, Kinect remains an important part of our vision.  Many of you are using Kinect for Xbox One every day. In fact, more than 80 percent of you are actively using Kinect, with an average of 120 voice commands per month on each console. Some of the most popular voice commands include "Xbox On," "Xbox Broadcast" and "Xbox Record That." We will continue to offer a premium Xbox One with Kinect bundle to deliver voice and gesture controls, biometric sign-in, instant personalization, instant scanning of QR codes, and enhanced features only available with Kinect in games such as "Kinect Sports Rivals," "Just Dance 2014," "Project Spark" and more.   

If you buy Xbox One for $399 and later decide you want to have all the experiences Kinect enables, we will also offer a standalone sensor for Xbox One later this fall. We'll share more details about the standalone Kinect for Xbox One in the coming months.

Phil
@XboxP3

I installed that transforming dpad and found it to be a huge piece of shit. While I was not impressed with build quality, I was even less impressed with performance. The piece of shit slid all over, far worse than the original dpad. It seemed even less responsive than the original dpad installed and I did not care for the way it's chrome finish clung to my finger. I ended up buying another shell off ebay just to undo the damage this horrid piece of shit caused.

So anyone thinking of modifying their controller with one, don't. Maybe the controller MS sells is better, but the chinese reproduction piece of the hacked up shell just suck. You're better off creating a spacer to rest between the dpad and contact pad than you are installing one of these. Way better off.

The wired controller looks pretty damn sexy, with this monstrosity installed

There you can see the gaping hole I created for that piece of shit to fit through

And here you can see the extra two notches made, along with the shorter dpad nub pointed down to prevent rubbing

Bless the lord, external hard drive support finally here

https://www.youtube.com/v/rITT7GaTtP0

A lot of my time recently has gone to gaming and trying new shit, so makes sense I update the Xbox thread. For starters, my collection has expanded quite significantly the past 2 months. For starters, Gamestop had a promo where for 4 weeks straight, they gave away 5 dollar gift codes for connecting through a facebook account. So obviously online scumbags like myself used the opportunity to fuck the system and get fucking PAID. This is where I spent a lot of my time the last month and a half.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840749

Yep, 124 pages, motherfuckas weren't playing around. I myself made about 320 dollars all together from making a lot of bullshit facebook accounts and emails. But god damn it was worth it. So for my spoils

The circles games are the new games, and all digital. And because of them, my 250 gb Xbox 360 harddrive is completely full and now I'm in need of another.

Some of my physical spoils thanks to cheapassgamer

For the most part, I'm really enjoying my new games and have had my head in them.

As for what I currently bought just an hour ago

After watching Evo, but not feeling like shelling the money for a legit fightstick, I'm gonna test this thing out and see how I feel about it.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on July 23, 2014, 09:16:52 PM
As for what I currently bought just an hour ago

After watching Evo, but not feeling like shelling the money for a legit fightstick, I'm gonna test this thing out and see how I feel about it.

I'd return it. The contact pad under the dpad wears down extremely fast, on ALL Madcatz Fightpads. Also I hate how greasy & large the dpad is. Worst knockoff Saturn controllers of all time.

Final Judgement: B-

Definitely see what you mean about the greasy D-pad, which it had a little bit more grip to it. On the other hand, really digging the button placement. Since I tend to play with a controller like a fightstick, pushing down on the buttons with my index and middle fingers, this thing is really helpful when pulling off supers that require 3 button inputs.

The people asked, and they have been answered

Damn I want that controller