What's your general play time limit?

Started by Tensami, April 25, 2016, 04:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I feel like all my friends can sit and finish huge games in one weekend, but I'm absolutely exhausted after playing for a coule of hours. Am I really just to fucking lazy to play video games? :shepicide:

Anyway, how long do you guys generally play games?
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

When i was a bit younger (21yo now). I could play for 8+ hours at a time.  I remember playing assassin's creed III in two sittings in 2 days time, and finishing mass effect 1, 2, & 3 in about a week.  Now, I'm usually maxed out at about 2-3 hours.  Depends on the game as well.  I mostly play TCGs and rhythm games now.  I sometimes play shooters but that's only once or twice a week.  There are a couple games that I can spend more time on like the souls games but i still don't usually play for more than 4 hours at a time with those.

If I've got a free weekend and nothing else to do? I can spend all my waking hours at it, especially with large open-world single-player games. These days though I have different priorities, between working on some coding projects in my free time and trying to improve my Scandinavian knowledge (although the latter is difficult without someone with whom I can practice).
Is that you who's standing next to me?
Or just a shadow, of a dream I lost?

That sounds pretty normal tbh. I'm in my early 20's and if I sit for 2-3 hours my head will be mashed. Every now and then I'll play a game that I absolutely love and if I have the spare time I can sit for hours and hours but this is the exception to the rule. Last one was probably Helldivers, got very addicted to that game for a while.

5 hours. An that's being serious because if I don't stop at 5 hours I could go all day.

Skyrim? 40 hours a weekend.

Breath of the Wild? 4 hours mining the gems and stone monsters on Death Mountain and then trying to get to work on time.  :lurk:

Gosh. I used to be like OP's friends. I used to just sit there and play ALL day.

But now. it's not that I don't have time, I have PLENTY of it. But my focus just
goes off to so many other things now. That unless I'm playing with a group of friends
(since they keep me engaged) its rare if I play a game on my own for more than an hour.

Weirdly enough though. A lot of my broken focus is also from the convenience of having internet
to entertain me with videos and the like. No lie, When my net has gone out for, at times, a few months.
I actually get back into the habit of sitting down and really diggin' into a game on my own. But only
during those circumstances, Strange. xD
Toonami faithful since the Moltar age