[AiTM] (Month 3) Weeks 9-12 Episode Talk

Started by جبريل 無道, December 01, 2014, 01:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: جبريل 無道 on December 16, 2014, 10:56:40 PM
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on December 16, 2014, 09:15:16 PM
>show is supposed to be 50 episodes
>it goes over it

:sus:

We're actually only at episode 42 because the recaps didn't count.

o

53 up.

It looks like they put aside a large part of the nonsense and it's finally time for some action.  This episode has more Washu and Ryoko in it.  There was one scene in it that was apt to Mihoshi's character (in a different plot) but Rui had it.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

54 up.

And tomorrow, FRIDAY, WILL NOT BE A RECAP, but a real episode.  STAY TUNED TOMORROW (Although I may be late posting it.  Flying to inlaws, then parents.)

Today wasn't a great episode by any measure, but I do appreciate the moment when Tenchi rematerialized Momo through his sword.  Some other okay moments, although that robot waving a bat around to counter the sattelite undermines any possible tension.

Note that any thought that this attempts to be an OAV continuation is out the window when Ryoko can touch a Jurain sword without repercussion here, even if it isn't sword Tenchi.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

December 19, 2014, 09:52:14 AM #33 Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:56:18 AM by Emile_Khadaji
QuoteNote that any thought that this attempts to be an OAV continuation is out the window when Ryoko can touch a Jurain sword without repercussion here, even if it isn't sword Tenchi.

Maybe ... then again maybe not. Momo is a temporal castaway who first showed up 1300 years earlier. At this girls school she is in Tenchi's present time but nothing stated yet says that Momo is in her present time. The temporal rift that Tenchi is controlling and his healing of Momo in episode 54 imply that Momo might be from the future. We also have Tenchi, Ayeka and Sasami's diner conversation in an earlier episode implying that they think Momo is from the future and that they didn't want to tell her because they think she might be a related to them.

If Momo is from the future and she is related to Tenchi as his daughter, Ryoko might be coded in to the Sword/Key as a member of the royal family. The sword would not react when Ryoko picked it up if she were perceived as family. Ayeka handled the Tenchi Sword Key without any problems in the canon episodes, though she could not make it function. Ryoko's interaction with Momo's Sword Key could be on this level of access.

If that OVA continuation then where the hell are Ryo-Ohki and Noike? Shopping on Jurai?

55 is up.

Today was worth watching.

As a side note, Ryoko does get belted hard and Mihoshi arrests Washu.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on December 19, 2014, 12:38:14 PM
55 is up.

:cantdeal:

Read this and watched it at work, made me even more pissed off already.

Quote from: Gaston on December 19, 2014, 12:13:51 PM
If that OVA continuation then where the hell are Ryo-Ohki and Noike? Shopping on Jurai?

This most certainly is NOT an OVA spinoff.

a) the Masaki home does not match OVA2+ continuity
b) Mihoshi has that power suit from Universe
c) the Tenchiken IS the same one from Universe/TMiL - no jewels & different hilt
d) Washu is a criminal mad scientist
e) Galaxy Police Headquarters looks like the one from TMiL

As for why there's no Ryo-ohki, that's likely to do with the original name of 'Tenchi Muyo' being Ryo-ohki. As in that's the name Kajishima & Hayashi brought 'Tenchi Muyo' to AIC as, meaning Kajishima retains a stronger copyright claim to that particular name than other pieces of 'Tenchi Muyo', that AIC had creative influence over. Much in the same way Kiyone Makibi was first created by Hasegawa for her novels, granting her a legal claim to that property. So you get Gouriki in replace Ryo-ohki and Ukan Kurihara in place of Kiyone Makibi. Simple enough... but apparently not simple enough for some to piece that together on their own, so it seems. If anything, I'd consider it a sign, as to just how pissed Kajishima had to be, that AIC dicked him over. Again. And as for Hasegawa, I doubt they even contacted her, about using Kiyone Makibi in Ai Tenchi Muyo. That'd just be another expense.

Good post. +1 from me.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

AI: TENCHI MUYO hass turn to be a different series.  It seems to be a composite of Ryo-Ohki, Universe, and Tenchi in Tokyo. The series does seem to take after Tenchi has graduated from collage. The series  does seem to be mostly set in the present.  AI did follow the course of the first three Tenchi series.  It starts out mostly as a comedy. Gradually the series starts to become more serious. 

One of the only problems which I have with the series is the failure to maintain a link between the Feudal Japan timeline and the Present timeline.  There was the need for one episode to focus on the Feudal Japan timeline.  Oddly, the year of the Feudal Japan timeline is before Yosho's arrival on Earth.

There's only one more week of this left. I'm pretty happy about that as this has felt like a slog overall and not as enjoyable as it could have been. I mean sure they're tying things together at least but the ride has been less than enjoyable to get to this point.
This is not a sig, it's a Sandwich.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on December 19, 2014, 06:32:59 PM
Quote from: جبريل 無道 on December 19, 2014, 12:38:14 PM
55 is up.

:cantdeal:

Read this and watched it at work, made me even more pissed off already.

Why the hell Ryoko fans are poss off each times someone hit Ryoko but somehow they have no problem when that was Misaki who did this in OVA 2?

That one was funny.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Gaston on December 21, 2014, 07:04:30 AM
Why the hell Ryoko fans are poss off each times someone hit Ryoko but somehow they have no problem when that was Misaki who did this in OVA 2?

She's an old lady she doesn't understand what she does.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on December 21, 2014, 01:48:49 PM
Quote from: Gaston on December 21, 2014, 07:04:30 AM

She's an old lady she doesn't understand what she does.
:wtf:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."