Why do people hate the 3rd OVA?

Started by Empress of Jurai, November 07, 2012, 09:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: LightHawkWing on November 01, 2015, 12:36:51 PM
I just re-watched episode 15 and I believe it is a  bit offputting.

TThe Tennyo/Tenchi scene in the beginning was definitely jarring and I don't quite understand why Tennyo couldn't just see Tenchi in her regular brown haired form, especially when Yosho revealed his true form to Tenchi later that day.

Also, I've realized that Kaji really expects his fans to have already read his novels and doujin before having watched OVA 3 judging from.the conversation between Washu and Airi where Washu's childhood at the orphanage on Kanemitsu was referenced and compared to Noike's own similar life story, something a casual viewer wouldn't have understood from the dialogue alone simply referencing the two both having lots of 'brothers and sisters'

I've also realized this could be another connection between Washu and Naja as it seems to me, Noike is ultimately a clone of Naja. Both regressed back to childhood for one reason or another and then grew up at orphanage, ultimately to meet each other again when they both fall in love with the God of Heaven and Earth

Well the ones who could were the japanese fans. Foreign fans were SOL until we get the physical books and translator programs.
Say my name.

Baker.

You're dang right.

I don't get the hate either, the only thing I was annoyed with was the mother revelation but I'm over it now.

I liked the fight between Tenchi and Z, that part in my opinion was boss. Animation was beautiful and LOL One more added to the harem.

Now um, I don't know why some are confused and saying a lot of this stuff was out of the blue a lot of it was foreshadowed in that Gxp episode when they all had that cameo episode.

I mean Ova 3 came out after Gxp right?

Quote from: Tenchifan30 on December 10, 2016, 02:52:38 PMI mean Ova 3 came out after Gxp right?

This is correct, however not all Tenchi fans watched or became familiar with GXP since it doesn't star the familiar characters.

Or they gave up and quit watching before episode 17.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on December 11, 2016, 12:14:30 AM
Quote from: Tenchifan30 on December 10, 2016, 02:52:38 PMI mean Ova 3 came out after Gxp right?

This is correct, however not all Tenchi fans watched or became familiar with GXP since it doesn't star the familiar characters.

Or they gave up and quit watching before episode 17.

I think this is a huge factor! After I watched GXP and switched to the subtitled version I enjoyed OVA 3.

I still think it doesn't come close to what OVA 1 or 2 was. But the parts where it focuses on the family I liked a lot. I think the main pit falls were the story of Mihoshi's brother being to time consuming and while I love the battle with Z I think because of the animation style it just cant compare to "We need Tenchi." I just rewatched the series and it really feels like the climax of the story was at the end of OVA 1 when it probably should have been "Z"
I still think the battle is enjoyable because we see the 3 goddesses and Kami Tenchi.