Whatcha been reading? Manga and light novel thread.

Started by Ryo-Okay, December 05, 2017, 05:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Got caught up on One Piece. Wano is a mess, but at least Robin got a good fight.

I also love One Piece. I also like One-Punch Man and My Hero Academia.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Damn, I didn't realize there hasn't been a new post in this topic for a year. I guess that just shows how little I've been reading. The only thing I have been reading is The Man Picked Up By the Gods manga since there are some new chapters I haven't read. I think this is my third or fourth time now reading through this manga from chapter 1, so I'm thinking of checking out the light novels soon instead of waiting for manga chapters to trickle out.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on December 05, 2017, 05:36:08 PM
I figured since there is a general anime thread I thought I would make one for manga and light novels.

I've been catching up on the Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. This series continues to be incredibly cute.

I also read the Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki manga. It was fun, but I'm not sure if I'll actively keep up with it. I might wait for it to finish and then read through it all.

As for light novels I've been reading I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse. There are already 14 girls in the harem and I've only read the first 5 volumes. If it keeps up like this the harem is going to be huge.

I need to find this!

I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse is a licensed title by J-Novel Club, so you can get it wherever you get ebooks. I can't speak to it's quality though since I never ended up reading past volume 5. I should go back to it at some point.

Feeding my personal Nostalgia beast and bought two Legion of Superheroes Omnibus editions from Ollie's (closeout store). Originally $100 each, bought FOR $30 each. BUt, they're vols. 1 & 3... I figured I'd pay up for vol. 2... maybe even pay a full $100 on eBay... For some reason, DC seems to have intentionally under-printed them. Like they under-estimated how many people would continue with the series after vol. 1, and then upped the print for vol. 3. In any case, only one or two copies of vol.2 on eBay... $400.

Stupid.

Not that I'll be reading them immediately, I have like 5 other things I want to read before getting to this. My lack of motivation to finish the Okuda Tenchi manga is blocking everything else and I just end up watching TV.

I tried getting through the Dark Washu story recently, but I tried reading it in bed... and my cat decided my chest was the best place to sleep.
...in my pants

I stopped reading One Piece regularly during Wano, then read like 50 chapters once Wano ended to finish it. Decided that's how I was going to follow the series from now on and just read arcs when they were done. I mistakenly heard that Egghead had finished already, so I thought it was going to be a nice short arc like Zou. The arc isn't finished yet, and now I'm stuck in the middle of a flashback.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on December 07, 2023, 12:09:21 PM
Decided that's how I was going to follow the series from now on and just read arcs when they were done.
Literally me with the Kinnikuman reboot! I waited until the Perfect Origin Arc (Which is getting an anime adaptation this coming year) was done before reading it a couple of years or so ago, at which point the Omega Centauri's Six Spear Arc was still ongoing. (Which I need to get around to reading now that it's been done for a while as well.)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)