What Anime are you currently watching?

Started by Surgeon Of Death, November 07, 2014, 11:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Rising of the Sheild Hero
Dororo

Need to start watching promised neverland and Mob Psycho season 2

Lupin's original creator died recently. It was sad. I like some of the Lupin movies.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I'm watching Lupin III Parts 4-5, then rewatching the Tenchi OVA's in preparation for OVA 5.

I finally watched season 5 and 6 of Natsume's Book of Friends.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on April 21, 2019, 09:13:46 PM
I finally watched season 5 and 6 of Natsume's Book of Friends.

How did you like those seasons?

Black Clover, My hero Academia, and Sword Online Alica.

Quote from: onimono on April 21, 2019, 09:55:25 PM
How did you like those seasons?
They were good. I wish I had rewatched the first 4 seasons first though because for a while I was trying to remember who everyone was.

Mostly because the first 2 anime seasons of this year have been mostly a dry spell for me (In fact, the only thing I was watching in either season was One Punch Man Season 2, which I paused in the middle of watching due to IRL stuffs... and then there's Kamen Rider Zi-O which is literally alongside video games the reason why I've been able to coast through these two seasons, LOL), I got caught up on Symphogear in preparation for Symphogear XV (Season 5) in July (And by the way, this year's 3rd anime season is looking MUCH better than the first 2).  I have watched all 4 seasons as of this past Saturday when I marathoned Symphogear AXZ (Season 4) to ensure that I wouldn't have to try and play catchup during SGDQ.

And oh, regardless of which of the 6 main heroines of the series you think is the best girl, something is wrong with you if you're not at least rooting for all of them.  Personally, I think Tsubasa is best girl, but the heroines are all awesome as far as I'm concerned.  :emot-smugdog:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

I finally started watching Appmon. This show has a pretty bad reputation, but I'm halfway through and it has been pretty good.

Lupin the Third Part 5, Dr. Stone, and Gundam Origins

Because of the tragedy last month at Kyoto Animation's studio, I have tried purchasing or resubbing to anime platforms that have their shows. Just rewatched In a Silent Voice, and got really into Hyouka.

October 04, 2019, 07:55:47 PM #56 Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 07:59:28 PM by WarOmnimon
As big as the list of what I was watching in Summer 2019 was, my watchlist for Autumn 2019 is even bigger.

•Azur Lane
•Beastars
•Kemono Michi: Rise Up
•After School Dice Club
•My Hero Academia Season 4 (PLUS ULTRA ;) )
•Dr. Stone (Continued from Summer 2019)
•Vinland Saga (Also continued from Summer 2019)

I also want to check out Mairimashita! Iruma-kun, but I'm not sure if that one was picked up for official subs or not yet.  I am also in the midst of watching through Ojamajo Doremi, hopefully finishing in time for Searching For Witchlings next year.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on August 19, 2019, 10:02:15 AMI finally started watching Appmon. This show has a pretty bad reputation, but I'm halfway through and it has been pretty good.

I know, right?  I watched Appmon from start to finish as it ran and enjoyed it, and had no complaints (Especially given that everything important gets explained by the end).  It also has one of my favorite endgames in any season of the Digimon anime.  :)

[spoiler]Without spoiling actual storyline details, I will at least say that the God grade Appmon are referred to as Gods for a REASON; they're just plain epic.[/spoiler]

Also... thank you, Symphogear.  Gosh darnit, that series had an AMAZING 5 season run over 8 years.  Quality over quantity and just pure consistent awesomeness from start to finish; I'm gonna miss it potentially showing up in the seasonal anime lineups.  I'm officially recommending it to everyone here; it's 5 seasons long (Symphogear XV's final episode even ends with text confirming that it was the franchise's final episode) and every season is one cour (12 to 13 episodes), so it won't take nearly as much time to watch as some other anime... but the time spent to check it out will be worth it.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

I finished Appmon a while ago. It was starting to lose me by the end, but it was still alright. Digimon really needs to ditch the 50 episode format though. I also watched Labyrinth of Flames, which was a two episode OVA. It was alright, but there was no labyrinth in it anywhere.

I'm actually watching a couple of shows this season, which I haven't done in a while. I'm watching Mairimashita! Iruma-kun because I enjoy the manga. I also watched the first two episodes of Kemono Michi on a whim, and that show is dumb as hell. I can't wait to watch more.

QuoteDigimon really needs to ditch the 50 episode format though.

You're looking at 410 episodes subbed and dubbed!  :yoshi:  The thing that broke Digimon for a lot of viewers was the original character designer quitting Toei. They had to ultimately change up the character and animation styles a few years back.

WARNING. Digimon geekout mode activated. You've been warned.
Quote from: WaitoKon on October 13, 2019, 10:06:07 AM
QuoteDigimon really needs to ditch the 50 episode format though.

You're looking at 410 episodes subbed and dubbed!  :yoshi:  The thing that broke Digimon for a lot of viewers was the original character designer quitting Toei. They had to ultimately change up the character and animation styles a few years back.
They actually got the original designer for Adventure back for Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, which unlike tri. is going to be only one movie, is confirmed to be the last thing they do for Adventure (Along with the little shorts they're doing to go with Kizuna), and actually looks like it will be at least decent.  Shame that Kizuna won't be able to plug up all the new plotholes tri. opened, which is why people are hating on it before it even comes out... still, I'm going to watch it with an open mind and at least I'll go in knowing that it'll at least be better than tri.

Anyway, on that subject.  Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time (Which if dubbed would have been Season 3 of Digimon Fusion) and Digimon Adventure tri., I didn't like; as everyone here knows, I've been VERY vocal about how much I dislike tri., and most of the sensible side of the Digimon fanbase has been as well.  I will get to Young Hunters shortly, but aside from that and tri., I like pretty much everything else that Digimon has offered on the anime side, albeit to varying degrees.

I'd definitely say that Digimon Tamers (Season 3), Digimon Savers (Data Squad), and Digimon Xros Wars (Digimon Fusion) are the diamonds in the rough for Digimon anime, each one for different reasons.  Tamers and Savers have the best stories, and Xros Wars has the coolest fight sequences.  But yes... if you watch Xros Wars, stay FAR away from Young Hunters.  It's literally an entire half season of filler that even the teamup with all the previous main protagonists at the end doesn't save from being a dumpster fire (Not as bad as tri., but it's still a dumpster fire).  Granted, Young Hunters only happened because Toei needed more time to finish Saint Seiya Omega... but it still doesn't excuse it from being a dumpster fire.  I will admit that Gumdramon (And his Digivolved form Arresterdramon) are awesome and that I'm so glad they kept him around to include in other stuff (He's even raisable in Digimon World: Next 0rder).

One more thing... if you haven't watched Digital Monster X-evolution, DO IT.  It's CGI and it's only Digimon (No humans), but my word, the story is just awesome, the way everyone fits into the story is just great... and yes, it's worth watching to see all of those X Antibody Digimon and hear Hideyuki Tanaka's portrayal of Omnimon ALONE.

[spoiler]BTW, that Omnimon becomes Omnimon X by the end of the movie.  What happens next is so cool that I'm not gonna mention it even in a spoiler tag.[/spoiler]