Do we have a Tenchi Muyo! GXP Novel Raws Compilation?

Started by kamikaze00007, October 01, 2019, 08:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm looking for raw text versions of the entire GXP Novels (1-17 as of writing this post) if anyone who has all raw volumes collected could please share. I've tried my internet powers but all available links (pretty much just image scan compilations) are all either dead or stuck behind paywall methods that I don't have the capacity to spend cash on. Also tried premium downloaders to no avail I'm afraid.

I'm not looking for machine translated stuff because I'm going to attempt running the raws through a set of programs I use for visual novel translations. I've had experience doing the same (although that time I had the text extracted/sourced through an OCR program first) for some other light novel series and I find the machine translation result a bit better. It's mostly because VN translators and aggregator programs are pretty much better formatted/understanding of the Japanese prose used in such light novels and things like name substitution databases help specifying and replacing proper nouns during translation without having me to manually replace each instance.

So if anybody could share the collection, it would really help if you could share. Thanks for the time.

October 02, 2019, 04:57:34 AM #1 Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 05:14:14 AM by Eff Efferson
Quote from: kamikaze00007 on October 01, 2019, 08:15:08 PM
I'm looking for raw text versions of the entire GXP Novels (1-17 as of writing this post) if anyone who has all raw volumes collected could please share. I've tried my internet powers but all available links (pretty much just image scan compilations) are all either dead or stuck behind paywall methods that I don't have the capacity to spend cash on. Also tried premium downloaders to no avail I'm afraid.

I'm not looking for machine translated stuff because I'm going to attempt running the raws through a set of programs I use for visual novel translations. I've had experience doing the same (although that time I had the text extracted/sourced through an OCR program first) for some other light novel series and I find the machine translation result a bit better. It's mostly because VN translators and aggregator programs are pretty much better formatted/understanding of the Japanese prose used in such light novels and things like name substitution databases help specifying and replacing proper nouns during translation without having me to manually replace each instance.

So if anybody could share the collection, it would really help if you could share. Thanks for the time.

https://mega.nz/#!bIAGjaJa!8c-WfBKnk8HsiByfJIDUg1wdUlCXgDn0RvFybWIZWzA

that goes up to 14
the furiganas been stripped away already on it.

I'm sure i have 15 16 and 17 somewhere but im sort of mid move at the moment so give me a bit to find it

why you want to try a second go at translating what i've already treaded over is beyond me but go for it.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on October 02, 2019, 04:57:34 AM
https://mega.nz/#!bIAGjaJa!8c-WfBKnk8HsiByfJIDUg1wdUlCXgDn0RvFybWIZWzA

that goes up to 14
the furiganas been stripped away already on it.

I'm sure i have 15 16 and 17 somewhere but im sort of mid move at the moment so give me a bit to find it

why you want to try a second go at translating what i've already treaded over is beyond me but go for it.

Thanks a lot for the raws. I will be waiting for the rest if you can find them at your leisure.

I'm not exactly going to be translating the whole thing per se, rather, I'd say that's just going to be the byproduct in the end, because I intend to read the raws in--well, Japanese. The only thing I mostly have to rely on Visual Novel translators and their Japanese dictionaries and grammar parsers are with regards to kanji stuff.

Kajishima loves his kanji and I'm afraid my overall Japanese education didn't really reach far too deep into that level of education. The programs I use help me with proper rubies and kana-fication of stuff (and at that point I can already understand the stuff only requiring some occasional help from the trusty dictionary).

On a side note, I've read and watched GXP like, more than 10 times by now (mostly machine translated versions) so I'm going at it via this method as a different approach to be more accurate. (That Renza Fed. Arc was especially annoying to read machine translated both because of its contents and its contents--yes, that's twice, damn you for pulling and dragging on a Tsugumomo Isekai Arc on us Kajishima.)

I haven't found any news on Vol.18 of GXP but I sure hope the arc ends conclusively this time. The adventurer thing really didn't stick well with me, being dragged on so long when all it did was say [spoiler]Oh, Renza uses (External Magic) Ahou and (Inner Magic) Ena and the plants are its source, by the way Seina has a huge capacity of Ena and this is how Geminar Seikishins start! And we've got fantasy creatures![/spoiler]
It was a really grating experience reading the last few volumes at most (Oh, and Souren. Really, I didn't want to see another Yulyte. It's worse than Yulyte too).

Anyway, thanks a lot. I'm writing my posts between free time of work and sleeping (FML) so I won't be able to reply always despite sneaking in browsing here and there.

Yes, after novel 15 it gets pretty repetitive and long-winded but that is perhaps Kajishima's preferred style. I would like to see this translation should you manage to publish it here or another site.

17 was so annoying to read that i just said fuck it and have been putting it off for over ayear lol. i knew something was up cause they kept describing magic in two different ways but i must ahave not gotten to that part yet. makes peerfect sense seeing as how hes always seemed to have two seperate types of magic ahou one that can seriously hurt you.  sorey about my machine translates of that arc there bad even for my typical translations cause i just didnt know the new peoples names... and there were sooooo many new ones
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

so the reason i stopped translating the renza ark was my pc blew up and i had to format my hard drive to get ti to even be recognizable on another computer afterwords but i forgot i ran a deep scan and got all the files back... a bit messily... and my files where on a computer that i didnt have a video out cable for yet cause it went missing when i moved it last. i went out and got a new one... and after much random frustated searching i got you the files.

im a dumbass for not having these backed up.

I only ask for a tiny favor. when you go through the renza ark can you make me a list of the proper noun names and their corresponding kanji? thats half of why i hate translating this and why my machine translations are aweful.
also if you notice anything i left out in my translations let me know cause im just going off of what i get from the machine versions and if there's something obviously important but  unintelligible i manually translate.

honestly im glad the editors really dont want the hunter plot to go forward and what him to wrap it up he spent way too much time already on nothing.

anyways here you go
https://mega.nz/#!eRxEzIaa!hLA8jtcAE752NYuwFfdzDknYmKip0mo8aM767kn8oTI
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

October 09, 2019, 02:22:27 AM #6 Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 07:39:08 PM by kamikaze00007
Quote from: Eff Efferson on October 05, 2019, 09:10:10 PM
so the reason i stopped translating the renza ark was my pc blew up and i had to format my hard drive to get ti to even be recognizable on another computer afterwords but i forgot i ran a deep scan and got all the files back... a bit messily... and my files where on a computer that i didnt have a video out cable for yet cause it went missing when i moved it last. i went out and got a new one... and after much random frustated searching i got you the files.

im a dumbass for not having these backed up.

I only ask for a tiny favor. when you go through the renza ark can you make me a list of the proper noun names and their corresponding kanji? thats half of why i hate translating this and why my machine translations are aweful.
also if you notice anything i left out in my translations let me know cause im just going off of what i get from the machine versions and if there's something obviously important but  unintelligible i manually translate.

honestly im glad the editors really dont want the hunter plot to go forward and what him to wrap it up he spent way too much time already on nothing.

anyways here you go
https://mega.nz/#!eRxEzIaa!hLA8jtcAE752NYuwFfdzDknYmKip0mo8aM767kn8oTI

Wow! Thank you! I'm sorry about your PC. When I find the time to do so, I'll write down the names and terms. I can't promise when, but I'll post here when I've done so. I myself have just gotten off my latest job. Had to resign because my employer was VERY abusive. We were also recently hit by localized whirlwinds and it did a number on the house. Regardless, life goes on and I will definitely be reading these files eventually someday. Thank you very much.

Quote from: Eff Efferson on October 05, 2019, 09:10:10 PM
so the reason i stopped translating the renza ark was my pc blew up and i had to format my hard drive to get ti to even be recognizable on another computer afterwords but i forgot i ran a deep scan and got all the files back...

Yikes the same thing happened during the most recent massive Windows update. I'm using a backup PC, other one completely bricked.

EFf, would you like to review the character pages at the Fandom Tenchi? I think most of the names are listed in some kana, just unsure if they are the same as the author would personally scribble. I'll try to help as well, but this older machine can only do web and email XD