OVA 5 Novel Major Reaveals

Started by Eff Efferson, February 28, 2023, 04:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It is perfectly acceptable to say shimatta as a native English speaker.

Quotei love that. i wish there was an english cat pun for that that fits
"I regret Meowthing!"
...in my pants

And done!

I paid careful attention to the afterword since I recall someone saying Kajishima is saying that OVA 5 was going to be the end of the main Tenchi story. I can see how that could be understood. But I disagree with that interpretation. So here we go.

とにもかくにも、天地無用はこれで本当の一区切り...というか、本来やりたかった事を考えると、実はここからが本番なんですよねぇ、日常生活サザエさん的お話。それに五期は剣士の育成がメインテーマだったので、天地視点の魎呼阿重霞の妊娠出産話や、西南の帰還とかもすっ飛かしていますし。

というわけで区切りといっても句点レベル。天地世界はまたまたこれからが本番という事です。というか、の間を繋げるのが大変だぁ...。

"Anyway, this is a real milestone for Tenchi Muyo... or, considering what I originally wanted to do, it's actually the start of a daily life Sazae-san-like story. And since the main theme of the fifth season was the training of Kenshi, we skipped over the pregnancy and birth stories of Ryoko and Aeka from Tenchi's perspective, as well as the return of Seina."

"So even though we call it a milestone, it is at the punctuation level. It means that the world of Tenchi is just getting started again. I mean, it's hard to connect between the two...."

Bolded the relevant parts. First, yes, the first kanji can be read as an end. But from context and Kajishima-sans's explicit comparison to delimiting punctuation as well as him stating that Tenchi is just getting started again, I think he means a milestone rather than an end.

We all ready know there is more content coming in the form of Paradise War Begins. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we get some cameos and a touch of main-family content. Personally, I'm hoping we learn Tenchi's daughters' names. I'm putting money on Achika and Kiyone.

:aaa:
Ah, when Kaj mentioned in True Tenchi vol 3 afterword that it was not the end of the backstory and there were numerous plot threads with pre-Seto and others unresolved. Nothing the OVA has tackled, yeah?