OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thank you. Do you know the names of those characters?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Looks like Ringo and three Earth Masakis.

<-
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Nanaten on September 08, 2016, 08:03:31 AM
Really? No one posted this yet?

Thank you.  Other than Ringo, meh.  I hope they're not crowding out the Tenchi family :/
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

2003 Kamidake Onsen Cover with them.

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

I'd totally forgotten about that cover. Haha! Well, leave it to Kajishima-sensei to introduce characters years ago, then finally get them into anime form. Now I want to got back to the funeral/memorial scene in OVA 3 and see if they are shown in the pan-and-scan shot.

REAALLYY liking the art...very clean.

Its pretty mindblowing seeing Tenchi in real HD computer animation.

Art so far:

Character sheets:

Screenshots:

Poster:

Not a fan of the poster, they look so... lifeless.  What are they looking at?  They are spaced out and zonked.  Are they on drugs?  It's like an art student drew wooden puppets and tacked on faces.  At all the old group posters, they were looking at Tenchi or had some movement to draw the eye.  Compare the above to this screenshot:

Notice how Ryo-ohki's reaction comprasts to theirs.  Here is an old 1993 Kajishima one:

Notice how much livelier they are in b/w than that OAV4 color poster, asymetrical and again the Ryo-ohki ship to draw the eye.  Or this MK poster for OAV1:

Just much better.

The screenshots are okay.  OAV3-esque, some closeups are nice, not a big fan of the side profiles and pointed chins but that's been MK's evolving style and the current character designer is just imitating that.  Doesn't have his noses right though.

September 10, 2016, 06:52:31 AM #84 Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:56:28 AM by Harls
Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on September 09, 2016, 07:23:35 PM
Haha! Well, leave it to Kajishima-sensei to introduce characters years ago, then finally get them into anime form.
Then for good measure he revisits them beforehand:

Now I want to got back to the funeral/memorial scene in OVA 3 and see if they are shown in the pan-and-scan shot.

Wouldyoulookithat. ;)
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Here is some information about the episode, if anybody is able to translate: http://tenchimuyo4th.com/contents/story/index00270000.html
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

September 10, 2016, 03:03:14 PM #86 Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:13:10 AM by Harls
Googl'd:
QuoteThe first story, "the day before the feast."

The story starts from the front and rear end trimester ......

In Nobuyuki and Leia Masaki house ahead of a few days after the wedding, I had spent the Conqueror tree house everyday that does not change from the usual but is busy preparing for Futari wedding.
People of Conqueror tree house Yukari in the universe, to prepare to attend the wedding, Airi is Funao can not attend because you do not have the survival public of encouragement遙照enormous filing, the celebration of the goods in Mizuho It was to leave.
Wedding a few days ago, people of Masaki house Yukari than universe ended in earth, where heaven and earth will be face-to-face with Mizuho is an aunt.
"In ... my mother, like ...," but it was the first impression of heaven and earth still Airi daughter.
It was the eventful hunch.

Basically, Tenchi meets Minaho before Nobuyuki and Rea's wedding.

Minaho is the 2nd protagonist in this series it seems.

I hope the family stuff would be mostly for episode 1 and the others episodes are about Tenchi and the girls.