OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on March 04, 2017, 01:51:45 AM
I'm rewatching episode one. I get the feeling that Ringo's visit to Minaho is strictly about finances. Ringo mentions that Seina is generating massive revenue, I presume due to his anti-pirate abilities to allow Jurai to capture lots of pirates and loot. However, they start talking about the numbers not adding up and why Minaho assigned work to Kiriko rather than Seina. At that point, I've no freaking clue what they are yammering on about. I presume it is something that came up in the GXP novels. Do any of you guys understand the full context of that conversation?

Also, what is the Hyena Corps?

Rather than earning revenue from capturing pirates it sees more like Jurai's economy is doing better because there are fewer pirates interfering with shipping.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on March 04, 2017, 01:51:45 AM
Also, what is the Hyena Corps?

It's the nickname for Seto's female assistants and retainers.
She keeps them busy, so most of them don't have an opportunity to start or maintain a relationship, so they end up desperate and aggressive, hence Hyena.
Otoka, the long haired Masaki girl sent with Minaho, is notable for having a boyfriend, one of the guards aboard the Mikagami, which pisses off the other girls to no end.

Quote from: Monster Man on February 11, 2017, 09:08:03 PM
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on February 09, 2017, 08:39:58 AM
Where were you when Tenchi got caught with a fat stack of condoms?

Holy shit.

Tenchi will definately need them.

Nah, Tenchi's super powers mean he doesn't need jack. ;-)

March 09, 2017, 12:40:09 PM #470 Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:08:57 PM by khaos11
Episode 2 Subs out! :parrot:

Big thanks to Erin, very generous of her to do this for the community. :worship:

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=906526

Trying not to be too much of a spoiler but...

Is it known what the experiments Minaho speaks of are?

March 09, 2017, 06:07:25 PM #471 Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:43:29 PM by GP cadet 87
Ok, I downloaded episode 2 pretty damn quick, but the file isn't loading with Vuze media player. Any suggestions? I downloaded the plug-in already.

Edit: Downloaded a codec pack, so now the video is playing, but the audio is cutting off every few seconds and is out of sync.

Download the official opus codecs for the audio, the ones in the codec pack may be outdated or just buggy depending on what pack you got.

March 09, 2017, 08:00:09 PM #473 Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:16:01 PM by khaos11
For any playback issues - the easiest solution - while not the best quality, but still better than Vuze/VLC/and the like - is to probably just download and install the latest K-Lite Standard and play using mpc-hc.

March 09, 2017, 09:23:00 PM #474 Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:25:09 PM by GP cadet 87
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Edit: Ok, I've tried downloading the K-Lite codec and tried adjusting the audio output settings. Still the subtitles and audio are out of sync. I'm using Media Player Classic. Any suggestions?

March 09, 2017, 10:02:58 PM #475 Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:06:00 PM by Tsundere89
Quote from: khaos11 on March 09, 2017, 12:40:09 PM
Episode 2 Subs out! :parrot:

Big thanks to Erin, very generous of her to do this for the community. :worship:

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=906526

Trying not to be too much of a spoiler but...

Is it known what the experiments Minaho speaks of are?

Thank you Khos11 for uploading and distributing the sub video for me.  Hi everybody, as Khos11 already stated my name is Erin but, online i usually like to go by the name of Tsundere89. I am new to the forum and look forward to discussing OVA 4 with you all.

You kick ass Tsundere89, thanks a lot!  :worship:

AIRI'S AN ABUSIVE MOM!?

Hey Tsundere89, thanks for funding the subs.

Episode is so good!

All of the character development!

Thanks again Tsundere89!!!

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on March 09, 2017, 09:23:00 PM
Edit: Ok, I've tried downloading the K-Lite codec and tried adjusting the audio output settings. Still the subtitles and audio are out of sync. I'm using Media Player Classic. Any suggestions?

Hmm...how's your hardware?

Also, is it out of sync by a fixed amount...say...1 second the entire time or does it fall further out of sync as you play the video?