OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I thought she just did it for shits and giggles. I don't see anything seto would get out of it politically.  She likes to mess with people and that the impression i got at least from the anime.  It seem she acted the same in the light novels. 

Quote from: Tsundere89 on March 11, 2017, 10:24:09 AM
I thought she just did it for shits and giggles. I don't see anything seto would get out of it politically.  She likes to mess with people and that the impression i got at least from the anime.  It seem she acted the same in the light novels.
I knew i shouldnt have paraphrased those last two things
Quote"... ... shall we see the situation for a while longer?"
    Tenchi gave a small sigh to that scene.
    Thinking about it, they are Seina's Shu's next wife's candidate. It is not a burning atmosphere, so I do not need to worry too much. Tenchi began to eat like the power came out.

Quote"Seto, you knew?"
    Utsutsumi glares at Seto which is sharp. Airi, Mikami, and Tsukiko are also staring at other places to hurt Seto.
   "Of course I knew, but I did not think that I would do it today."

Quote"Their original purpose was Imperial Tree, I guess they wanted Kondo's vs. space pirates, because the lower-generation Imperial Tree seems to be used for that humanoid weapon."

Quote"but seina has ZINV, is that the purpose of kidnapping?"
   "But will it be the same if we marry Seina?"
   "... ... So is it a rush job?"
  if you marry Seina, there is no problem, ZINV, Kamidake, Kiriko's Rui Shine can also be used against space pirate strength. Nevertheless, having kidnapped Seina is that Hakuren can not do it or urgently, there is some reason.
   "I can not imagine that Hakuren's ship will escape from Kamidake so easily, for the time being, it will be fun for a while ... ... let's see the situation."

its mostly all gibberish i know. basicly i think it's something like, hakuren would have access to seina and zinv anyways since she was also planning to marry them off to seina but they were supposed to be his second wave of wifes. hakuren couldn't keep to that time schedule though and kidnapped him because it was urgent.

by marrying them it gives them a reason to go and get involved with renza stuff, and it gives jurai ties to renza her goal is galactic unification she want to end all the piracy and international conflict, don't forget she is naja, naja and washu basicly suffered greatly because unstable relations between jurai and seiniwa and it's implied that this is a problem that many people suffered from like airi and the refugees from seiniwa's isolation, so basicly she snuck herself into the royal family took over and is marrying people left and right to unify shit. around the time of paradise war everyone's agreed to just wage harmless proxy battles, and those who secretly don't are all  lured to earth to be captured. :/ atleast thats what I got out paradise war three.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

QuoteI thought she just did it for shits and giggles.
Those are a side benefit. ;)
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Tsundere89 on March 10, 2017, 08:09:41 AM
Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on March 10, 2017, 07:13:45 AM
Watched episode 2 w/ subs (and thanks for those fixed ones with the Japanese honorifics, though there were a couple of misses).

Now for bed!

Really AstroNerdboy?? You first thank the person who added the honorifics and then criticize them for missing a few???  First off how about you be grateful that you have ANY subs in the first place! Secondly, if you see something like that then inform the person so that they can correct it.  Don't criticize the person that put the work and time into it. It makes you sound like a perfectionist jerk.

All I will say about this is that because I had been up for 24 hours, I didn't make use of emoji like I tend to do for when I write. Thus what was intended to be a simple jab joke was blown up into something it was not. Had I thrown in the wink emoji like I would normally do when I make a joking jab where I'm not being serious, I don't think there would have been a problem. This remark was intended to be a lighthearted gesture, nothing more. Take that for what its worth. I have spoken privately to Ecchi about this and what I've said here publicly is all I am going to say on the matter as I consider it closed. :)

Big thanks to Tsundere and Oujisama for the subtitles.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Where did we get the name Tarou for the child that Tenchi and company took care of in OVA 2 episode 1? I see the name is referenced in the original Japanese Masaki family tree. Yet in this episode, the child is called "Sawa-chan." Is it possible that the original reading of the kanji of the infant's name was wrong?

I thought this was weird too and assumed it must have been explained in a novel or doujin somewhere. We got the name Tarou from the episode itself. Clicking through the episode quickly to double check Sasami clearly says Tarou-chan in the original Japanese so it wasn't like it was made up in the dub.  Speaking of family trees, with all of the new characters it might be nice if someone with image editing skills (which is not me, at all) brought this one up to date.

The official site for my translation efforts:

http://ecchioujisama.wordpress.com

FYI: This PDF (from my site) is a translation from the Japanese family tree that was done after OVA 3 and is more up to date than the one TigerCow did, which has the graphics (and is the one you shared).

http://tenchi.astronerdboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/tenchi_ova_relation20091227.pdf

But even the translated Japanese one is out of date as it considers Rea a descendant of the Masaki family on Earth rather than be an alien from Geminar.

Hmmm...interesting. Somewhere before OVA4 I got the impression that Tsukiko was Kai's mom, but it looks like Kai and Kiriko actually have no parents in common.

Unless I missed it even yours doesn't have the things I was trying to figure out, that being how Fuka, Otoka and Mizune fit into Kiriko's part of the family tree, and trying to draw a straight line for Mizune being Yosho's great granddaughter. The kanji suggest that she isn't Tenchi's daughter from the future or Tennyo's daughter from a dalliance in her 50s or 60s.

I haven't looked for an updated Japanese version in years, unfortunately. But yeah, the PDF I put out from the Japanese source came shortly after OVA 3 was released in Japan. So it didn't have updated information from the GXP novels, but as you noted, it does mention Tsukiko has had two husbands and is apparently not Kai's mother. I don't know where that's established. The curse of being a Western fan. ^_^;

I am a little puzzle over the branch of the Masaki Family where Nobuyuki is from.  According to Astronerdboy's blog,  Fuuka, Otoka, and Mizune are from the same branch which Kiriko and her brother Kai are connected to.  Tuskiko seems to be Fuuka's, Otoka's , and Mizune's sister.  Tsukiko is a member of the same branch where Fuuka, Otoka, and Mizune are from.

Minaho tells Tenchi of what happen to two sisters who happen to be twins.  From the raw edition, it seems that the two sisters are fraternal twins.  One of the twins have died of old age. It was likely that the twin sister who had died may have lived a long life.  Tenchi's great aunt is one of the family's important elders. She is deeply involved in the preparations of Rea's and Nobuyuki's wedding.  The age of Tenchi's great Aunt is over two hundred and forty years.  Nobuyuki's age is supposedly over 200 years.

I do believe that there are more descendants of Yosho/Katsuhito  and his first wife Katsumi.  Yosho/Katsuhito  may have another wife or two after Kasumi's death.  When it comes to the focus on Tenchi's family in OVA 4, the present focus is on three of the branches of the Masaki Family Tree.  The branch where Fuuka, Otoka, and Mizune are from uses the Misaki surname.

I sense a hint of the future.  Minaho seems to be pressure into getting married.  If Minaho gets married, she will likely ask Tenchi for a marriage arrangement between one of her children and Tenchi's.   The children who are likely involved in the probable betrothal are one of Minaho's daughters and one of Tenchi's sons.  According to the timeline is Astronerdboy's blog, Tenchi's first children are likely going to be twins.  It is likely that Tenchi's oldest son may be betrothed to one of Minaho's daughters.   If OVA 4 is a success, there may be a strong chance for a sequel.  My tentative title for the sequel is TENCHI MUYO- THE NEXT GENERATION.

:how: :whatif: :huhm: :really:

I was rewatching episode 2 last night. I need to watch again 'cause I didn't get that those two were fraternal twins. It seemed like it was comparing a person of Juraian descent (possibly Kiyone) and a normal human girl she befriended. I also wondered if it might be Tennyo as in OVA 3, Tennyo was going to a school class reunion and was going to have to use an elderly disguise.

Also, when I got the information for the FAQ on Mizune, it was that she was descended from Kasumi. But I noticed that the episode indicates that Mizune is descended from Funaho. That would not discount Mizune coming from Kasumi as Yosho is Funaho's son. However, it made me wonder how the other two girls would be lesser in House Masaki than Mizune if they too are Masaki and descended from Kasumi.

Amane gave me this, but it didn't help very much.

http://www.gmppublications.com/GXP.AcademyCover.pdf

March 17, 2017, 06:59:55 AM #524 Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:45:31 PM by Tsundere89
This might be covering some already covered ground but i thought i throw in my two cents in terms of explaining the Misaki line. 

Azusa crashed on earth after a fight with the space pirate kagato(yes this is the same Kagato tenchi fought and killed) As a result of the crash Azusa becomes injured. He then comes across Funaho, and her family and is nursed back to health by Funaho. They fall in love and he takes her back to juri to become his first wife.  Many years later during the battle with Ryoko on Earth, Yosho saved his mother's niece, Kasumi, from the space pirate. Afterwards, Yosho married Kasumi. He took the name Katsuhito Masaki and became the Shinto priest of the Masaki Shrine. With Kasumi, Yosho bore at least two children. His descendants along that line include Nobuyuki Masaki, Kenshi Masaki (also his step-grandson), Kiriko Masaki, and her young brother Kai. After Kasumi died, Katsuhito married Airi in a common law marriage. Together, they became the parents of a second daughter, Kiyone Masaki. Nobuyuki and Kiyone married and gave birth to a son, Tenchi.  There has also been no indication  that i have seen that indicates that minaho will get married and that her children will marry tenchi children. If the Tenchi Muyo if dojinshi are anything to go by his children will go on to marry sena children instead.   In OVA 4 episode 2 they discuss how mizune  is Yosho great great granddaughter as well as Kasumi great great granddaughter.  Not only is mizune related to Funaho through both yosho and kasumi blood ties from both sides ,but she also as a result has a direct blood line to the juraian royal family through yosho. As a result like they state in the episode this makes her have one of the strongest pure blood tie to the jurai royal family among yosho distant descendants.  Also, as far as i know Tsukiko Masaki is kiriko mother and since kai is kiriko brother i assume it is her son as well. I could be mistaken about this.  Also, i have seen no evidence of yosho having more than two wives. As far as i know Airi seems to be the only wife he has ever had.