Official Steam thread....

Started by Tenchi Ryu, June 05, 2013, 02:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 05, 2013, 02:44:06 AM Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:46:37 AM by Tenchi Ryu
Well thanks to Adam/Soviet, I've now become a Steam bitch, getting pimped by its awesome features. So Might as well keep a thread open for sales we find so we can share em.

For now, Batman: Arkham City is on sale, 75% off for only 7.50 which lasts til June 6th at 4pm Pacific time....Think I'm gonna grab it.

Was thinking about getting Skyrim during the summer sale, but now a complete edition has released, wondering if that will go on sale since its so new.

So unless you have missed the news, Steam's summer sale has been going on. And yes, I have been losing the love from my wallet piece by piece...

http://imageshack.us/a/img689/584/i94t.png

Have to admit, I haven't been going crazy with this Summer Sale. But, I blame that for being even MORE of a cheapass than usual. Even games I see at 75% I've been reluctant in getting. Which I blame on the fact that it feels like this year, money is just flowing out of me at a faster rate then normal. Parking ticket, expensive family dinners, trip to Disneyland, upgraded to a smartphone, all stuff that killed my wallet before the Steam sale. While the dream of a second job might be near, let's just say my current job is barely keeping in line with the bills.

Still, got a few games at least. Deus Ex Collection. The entire series, including the DLC, for $5.99? Sold! Also got the XCOM DLC.

My cousin has also been kind to me. Gifted me a few games. :P

Final day, and a little disappointed that my final game on my wishlist, Star Wars Force Unleashed 2, didn't make a daily or flash deal. Would have wanted to pay less than 13 bucks, but what the hell, still not a bad price. And with that, my Steam library after a week and a half of torturing my wallet.

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/9793/xks9.png

Soviet and I got a decent round of Saints Row 3 freeroam in yesterday...

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on July 26, 2013, 08:49:08 AM
Soviet and I got a decent round of Saints Row 3 freeroam in yesterday...

I'm a gud driver, The dents were already there.

Saint Row the Third was, kind of a disappointing game for me when I bought it on a previous Steam Sale. I mean I did finish the game. But that's because it was a relatively short game compared to the big kahuna out there, GTA. I mean I enjoyed the over the top nature of the game. But it lacked side missions I had expected from an open world game. Why for example, can't I steal a cop car and be my own vigilante police running over/killing criminals? With dildos? I know they shouldn't 'copy' everything from GTA but still, they could always do that but add it's own style to them. Would have made the game much longer too without being excessive.

And and the writing was, had a lot to be desired.

Slight spoiler in case anyone is still interested in the story.

Like, why one of the characters never mentioned/seemed affected by the death of someone arguably close to said character. I mean why? :gabe:

But eh. It was still a good game. Just a few steps away from being great.

Speaking of GTA...
Yes, I did say in the other thread that I never was able to finish a GTA game. Though it isn't so much the variety that was the problem (that's actually a plus and shows they put so much into the games) but the main story missions kind of got repetitive after a point. And the story wasn't good enough for me to draw me in.

In the case of Saints Row the Third, it was kind of the opposite problem. Even with my misgivings, I enjoyed the story enough to continue. But before I knew it, boom, I was done. And when I step back to see what the game has compared to GTA, just kind of exposed how small the game is compared to it.

Tomb Raider on sale, 75% off on steam. Tempted about picking it up, heard it was pretty good.

I have the game and I thought it was pretty good. I thought it was nice on how they were able to make the game modern, with besides the graphics, the action feel of it, as well as a pretty good story, and still have an homage to the original games with the platforming and treasure hunting.

The things I wasn't too fond of were the quicktime events. The checkpoints are good. But some of the quicktime events are just annoying. If you don't click the right button at the right time, boom. Instant death.

Also, the game has a lot of collectables. Not necessary to finish the game but, especially like finding notes and journals, does help flesh out the backstory. Other collectables seem to only be there for achievements and, those can get annoying if you try out to get them since some of them require backtracking since certain areas won't be available until you get an upgrade that you only get later in the story.

Still, overall I thought it was a great game. And to some extent, can't wait for the sequel.

Haven't played Witcher 2 in a min, so decided to pick the sticks. And get my ass whooped in the process.

Street Fighter X Tekken 66% off on steam...can grab it for 10 US dollars

Scratch that, looks like Capcom got butthurt and the sale was taken off Steam.

Steam will be using this week to announce big new updates and reveals....first up, the reveal of Steam OS

In-home Streaming
You can play all your Windows and Mac games on your SteamOS machine, too. Just turn on your existing computer and run Steam as you always have - then your SteamOS machine can stream those games over your home network straight to your TV!

Music, TV, Movies
We're working with many of the media services you know and love. Soon we will begin bringing them online, allowing you to access your favorite music and video with Steam and SteamOS.

Family Sharing
In the past, sharing Steam games with your family members was hard. Now you can share the games you love with the people you love. Family Sharing allows you to take turns playing one another's games while earning your own Steam achievements and saving your individual game progress to the Steam cloud.

Family Options
The living-room is family territory. That's great, but you don't want to see your parents' games in your library. Soon, families will have more control over what titles get seen by whom, and more features to allow everyone in the house to get the most out of their Steam libraries.

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/

Looks like SteamOS is doing the stuff that Xbox One was going to do before they 180ed. And that's cool.

But but, how can it be good for Steam but not MS? It's the gamers fault MS took it away! Gamers hate the future! And yet they praise Steam. Hypocrite~

:smith: Well, besides the whole PC vs. Console thing, this stuff that MS wanted to do WAS getting praised about. It was the other stuff gamers were bitching about (the online connection requirement, used games, etc.). No one had a problem with the family share part of their plan. The fact that the 'good' parts about their plan became a casualty because gamers raged about the 'bad' parts, doesn't change the fact people liked the family sharing aspect of it. So the argument could be...

MS had a plan (family share plan, streaming, etc.) that people do like. They just had issue implementing the plan because it was connected to a part that gamers didn't like (the online connection requirement, used games, etc.).