OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Fap_fapperson on January 10, 2017, 03:06:42 PM
so it seems the subtitling project is abandoned for now. the subtitler wishes to remain anony moose it seems. uhm if i should take this down just gimme a pm .

rename this file to the same name as your ova video. and play the video with it in the same folder.

this might not seem like  much to the untrained observer but it is a glorious start to the subbign effort and a very very labor intensive creation.  even though all the text isnt there all the place markers are and that is honestly the hardest part of subbing if you ask me. we need to find someone to pick this up and finish it.

Now THIS is how you start things up.  Bonus points given that there are placemarkers there, and as Fap said, all that needs to be done is the remaining translations to be made and then applied to the subtitle file.  The hard work (Timing) is done, all that's left is for those placemarkers to be, well, NOT placemarkers.

Just remember.  Progress is progress, folks.  :goodman:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: Gaston on January 16, 2017, 09:39:08 AM
Minaho look like she is going to molest Tenchi in the last pic.  :rape:

You can tell she's holding back the beast. Especially after taking a bath with a beefcake carrot farmer.

He achieved perfect natty.

Hey guys, take a stab at this:

"第2話「柾木の宿命」

正木村の月湖の家では玲亜の結婚式の準備が始まっていた。

『清音姉さんの着た衣装で、嫁ぎたかったんです』亡き清音への想いを清音の花嫁衣装に込め、玲亜は秋枝と圭らと式の準備を進めていく。
一方宇宙では天女と美守が見守る中、アイリは鬼の形相で書類のチェックに追われ、天地への思いがむなしく響く。
その最中、天地を独占宣言した水穂は天地と時間を共にしていたが、ひょんな事から一緒に風呂へつかることになるのだが......。

『明日になれば貴方たちに天地ちゃんを返すから......今回だけは独占させてね』
母の面影を残す水穂に思い揺れる天地。静かに、夜は更けていく――。"

Quote from: GooglooEpisode 2 "Fate of Niki"

At the moon lake[Tsukiko] 's house in Masaki village preparation for the wedding ceremony of Liaoya had begun.

"I wanted to marry in the costume worn by Kiyono-san," the feelings for the deceased Kiyone are included in the bridal costume of Kiyono, and Reina A will prepare the formula with Akie and Kei.
Meanwhile, in the universe as the Tencho and Mamoru are watching, Airi is chased by the check of the document with the form of a demon, the thought to the heaven and earth[Tenchi] resonates vainly.
In the meantime, Mizuho declared monopoly of heaven and earth[Tenchi] was having time together with heaven and earth, but it will be taken to a bath together from a little thing ... ....

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on January 17, 2017, 01:46:11 PM
Hey guys, take a stab at this:

Nice. :)

I don't think these have been posted.

This was in the last trailer. I like all the pictures of them sitting around the table. Noike and Sasami don't look pleased.

Quote from: Harls on January 17, 2017, 01:46:11 PM

"第2話「柾木の宿命」

正木村の月湖の家では玲亜の結婚式の準備が始まっていた。

『清音姉さんの着た衣装で、嫁ぎたかったんです』亡き清音への想いを清音の花嫁衣装に込め、玲亜は秋枝と圭らと式の準備を進めていく。
一方宇宙では天女と美守が見守る中、アイリは鬼の形相で書類のチェックに追われ、天地への思いがむなしく響く。
その最中、天地を独占宣言した水穂は天地と時間を共にしていたが、ひょんな事から一緒に風呂へつかることになるのだが......。

母の面影を残す水穂に思い揺れる天地。静かに、夜は更けていく――。"

Quote from: GooglooEpisode 2 "Fate of Niki"

At the moon lake[Tsukiko] 's house in Masaki village preparation for the wedding ceremony of Liaoya had begun.

"I wanted to marry in the costume worn by Kiyono-san," the feelings for the deceased Kiyone are included in the bridal costume of Kiyono, and Reina A will prepare the formula with Akie and Kei.
Meanwhile, in the universe as the Tencho and Mamoru are watching, Airi is chased by the check of the document with the form of a demon, the thought to the heaven and earth[Tenchi] resonates vainly.
In the meantime, Mizuho declared monopoly of heaven and earth[Tenchi] was having time together with heaven and earth, but it will be taken to a bath together from a little thing ... ....

Also that last part.

母の面影を残す水穂に思い揺れる天地。静かに、夜は更けていく――。

Quote from: Google Translate
"Since I will return Tenchi-chan to you if it comes tomorrow ... let's monopolize only this time"
Heavenly earthing scenery in Mizuka leaving behind the mother's side. Quietly, the evening will go on.

It seems the subtitler got it wrong it must be the month before they marry *changes timeline
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

January 17, 2017, 10:42:26 PM #380 Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:01:40 PM by shades of blue
Screwed up the whole thing, "atta mikon" should translate to something like "are still unmarried". There doesn't seem to be any mention of how much time has past or how long til the wedding is. Rushing produces shitty results.

Quote from: shades of blue on January 17, 2017, 10:42:26 PM
Screwed up the whole thing, "atta mikon" should translate to something like "are still unmarried". There doesn't seem to be any mention of how much time has past or how long til the wedding is. Rushing produces shitty results.

the calendar says its november
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Andraste on January 17, 2017, 05:01:16 PM

This was in the last trailer. I like all the pictures of them sitting around the table. Noike and Sasami don't look pleased.

This is the scene right before that one:

Looks to me maybe they are just nervously waiting on Minaho's judgment and/or approval of their cooking.
But I'm probably wrong as usual.

All this new stuff about the second episode and we've yet to get the first one subbed. I'm a little scared here, guys; time passes fast without you realizing what's going on. Next thing y'know, we're gonna have a stacked backlog of unfinished episodes to worry about.

I am speculating that Minaho is testing Noike, Ryoko, Washu, Sasami, Ryo-Ohki, Mihoshi, and Ayeka to see if each of them are worthly of being one of Tenchi's wives.  Minaho's test is likely a result of a promise which she made to Kiyone as well as a traditional custom.  I can state that the Kuramitsu Family will want Tenchi to married Mihoshi.  The family's reasons for allowing Tenchi to married Mihsohi are mostly political. Still, rest of the reasons are personal.

Noike and Sasami are the best candidates for Tenchi's first wife.  In a way, Noike and Sasami can share the title.

Quote from: takahata on January 19, 2017, 09:59:43 AM
I am speculating that Minaho is testing Noike, Ryoko, Washu, Sasami, Ryo-Ohki, Mihoshi, and Ayeka to see if each of them are worthly of being one of Tenchi's wives.  Minaho's test is likely a result of a promise which she made to Kiyone as well as a traditional custom.  I can state that the Kuramitsu Family will want Tenchi to married Mihoshi.  The family's reasons for allowing Tenchi to married Mihsohi are mostly political. Still, rest of the reasons are personal.

Noike and Sasami are the best candidates for Tenchi's first wife.  In a way, Noike and Sasami can share the title.

This isn't a bad theory. Jurai's concern about Tenchi had always been about Tenchi's power and his harem's power. Since Minaho works for Seto-sama and Seto-sama has already made her initial investigation trip, then what better way to gain more information than to have Minaho do a deeper investigation without the others being on guard because of Seto-sama's reputation.

I just wanted to chime in with some theories.

A. mihoshi probably was abducted by a hunter of humans with strange abilities and experimented on and traumatised which is what we saw in ova 3 and it will either probably resolved before the end of ova 5.... which i know.. that could be a decade from now but kajishima said he wanted do a 5th if this one did well.

B.  this ova is pre-seina's return visit to earth, it is pre fuku in fact. the reason widow was in the doujin about this ova and the reason why seina is mentioned so much is because this is right before washu makes fuku, whom in the novels was made with the astral signature of widow who met seina, turned herself in for her genocidal crimes and was executed..
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: khaos11 on January 18, 2017, 02:37:37 AM
Looks to me maybe they are just nervously waiting on Minaho's judgment and/or approval of their cooking.
But I'm probably wrong as usual.

That makes sense to me.

Here they are together.