OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
i was on 2ch yesterday looking through their archives of tenchi posts. it seems gxp the novels is more or less following the outline version that kajishima handed them. and nebeshin looked at it and said basically there's no way i can make this commercially viable without massive edits there's too much going on here for 26 episodes. and he wanted to make it more of a comedy and an agreement was reached so he could do the show his way and kajishima could release it properly as novels. hence why all this stuff is in the gxp doujins and why all of gxp the anime has most the things in the books still stealthily implied as happening... nabeshin just cut out whatever he bloody well wanted to and cut out most of the dual! related parts rendering the story rather... confusing. all so he could inject himself into the show... also things were cut in attempts to minimize ova 3 spoilers... hell the end of gxp makes 0 sense with nabeshins cuts. in the novels the conflict with the gp military and the rest of the gp is brought up right around where episode 10 of the anime starts...  in the anime it just comes from no where gets no explaination...
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

May 29, 2017, 09:05:16 PM #602 Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 09:28:06 PM by Monster Man
Quote from: WarOmnimon on May 24, 2017, 05:20:55 AM
Quote from: Monster Man on May 24, 2017, 12:46:56 AM
Was the episode due for this month? I think I've misread.

Yup, this month.  It's set for May 31st.  It seems to be a "final day of the month" pattern, because the first two episodes also came out on the last day of the month.  Likewise, episode 4 is set for August 31st.  :)

Ahhhh, good to know.

Have you guys ever done a stream before? Could be something cool to do for every new episode, chilling while slinging bants in chat. Might be nice.

Quote from: Monster Man on May 29, 2017, 09:05:16 PM
Have you guys ever done a stream before? Could be something cool to do for every new episode, chilling while slinging bants in chat. Might be nice.

POTENTIAL STREAM MONSTER DETECTED OMG-

Seriously though.  I do the streaming thing, though mostly video game based and I'm currently on break until E3 is over.  I generally stream video games and so forth on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday (And also plan to do so on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday when there's no major fighting game tournaments to catch once my break's over), with Wednesday being my podcast day.  I'll run things down in another thread if anyone here is interested in hopping on that bus, that way we don't derail the Tenchi discussion TOO much.  :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Episode 3 is available in raw on dailymotion !

I can't wait for the Subs. Looks like tons of back story on Geminar and possibly them linking Zinv to Geminar.

Quote from: Ricin on May 31, 2017, 09:25:52 AM
I can't wait for the Subs. Looks like tons of back story on Geminar and possibly them linking Zinv to Geminar.

Seriously though, I know that Zinv and Geminar are part of the canon, but they're potentially (I say potentially for the same reasons as Ricin, and that's because no subs yet) connecting so much stuff together in one episode that I just HAD to make the reference.  And the crazy thing is, there's still one episode left.  Certainly, it can't get any crazier than this...

...or can it?  *Dun dun DUNNNNNNN*

(Real talk though, I'm SERIOUSLY waiting for subs now.  Like, moreso than the first 2 episodes.)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

OVA 4's episode 3  provides a link with War on Geminar.  Kiyone had found Rea after she came to Earth from Geminar.  It seems like Nobuyuki may have adopted Rea.  I do prefer another member of the Masaki Family to adopt Rea.   

Until the sub come out, Episode 3 is a little confusing.   At the banquet for Rea, there were a lot of females at the banquet.  At the banquet for Nobuki, there were only seven males. Twp of the males at Nobuyuki's banquet are Taro's father and Tennyo's boyfriend.   Taro's father is the male who is the second male sitting right of Nobuyuki.  The male on Nobuyuki's right and the male sitting left of Tennyo's boyfriend are unknown at the moment.  It is likely that the male sitting on Nobuyuki's right is his brother-in-law/Kasumi's husband. The male sitting left of Tennyo's boyfriend is likely  his father.

While OVA 4 could have been made into a movie., each episode is unique, and help to tell the story.  Episode 3 focuses on Nobuyuki's and Rea's wedding.  Now, I will be waiting for Episode 4.

OVA 4 provides a back story on Rea's arrival on Earth, and a segment on Geminar. OVA 4 suggests that GXP's Idol , and Dual's Zinv  have a link with  Geminar.  Now after watching, I want to have a second season of War of Genimar, and another sequel which I like to call TENCHI MUYO: THE NEXT GENERATION!

:shygirl: :shyboy: :huhm:

im absolutely sure one of those guys is dai masaki. tsukikos "husband" its a loveless marriage of convience. im pretty sure thats why her name comes up alot
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

May 31, 2017, 09:08:49 PM #611 Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:12:47 PM by Monster Man
Quote from: WarOmnimon on May 30, 2017, 02:33:54 PM
Quote from: Monster Man on May 29, 2017, 09:05:16 PM

POTENTIAL STREAM MONSTER DETECTED OMG-

Seriously though.  I do the streaming thing, though mostly video game based and I'm currently on break until E3 is over.  I generally stream video games and so forth on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday (And also plan to do so on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday when there's no major fighting game tournaments to catch once my break's over), with Wednesday being my podcast day.  I'll run things down in another thread if anyone here is interested in hopping on that bus, that way we don't derail the Tenchi discussion TOO much.  :)

Damn, ain't you a busy bee? Heh.

Not now, but later when all the episodes have finished airing it'd be a perfect time to stream them from beginning to end, discussions abound. Maybe take the idea a lot further and decide to stream all of Tenchi in it's entirety.

Id be down to do a stream if people actually showed up

i can do a facebook stream in the tenchis girls group
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

The new episode is out in high quality at Tokyo Toshokan.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki