lifespans?

Started by totalmisakifan, May 18, 2016, 10:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 18, 2016, 10:56:06 PM Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 11:22:32 PM by totalmisakifan
let's talk about lifespans?

How long do the juraians live? An how long does mihoshis race live? Are there any other long lived space races in the series?

I say a while.
With body enhancement, they're able to live for a very long time. Didn't Washu meet her soon in recent GXP novel?
Also with Tenchi's omnipotent power affecting those around him, Mihoshi's gonna live a very long life

Quote from: totalmisakifan on May 18, 2016, 10:56:06 PM

How long do the juraians live? An how long does mihoshis race live? Are there any other long lived space races in the series?

Juraian people can live longer than humans. When they are partnered with a Royal tree, that can easily become a couple of thousand years, IIRC.

Mihoshi's family are long lived as well. Whether this is to the artificial body enhancements given at Galaxy Academy or not, I can't say.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on May 19, 2016, 08:11:23 PM
Quote from: totalmisakifan on May 18, 2016, 10:56:06 PM

Juraian people can live longer than humans. When they are partnered with a Royal tree, that can easily become a couple of thousand years, IIRC.

Mihoshi's family are long lived as well. Whether this is to the artificial body enhancements given at Galaxy Academy or not, I can't say.
oh wow...because I read somewhere that juraians get to be 100,000 years old an that the gxp gives 20,000 years.

May 20, 2016, 01:34:08 AM #4 Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 01:48:01 AM by DeusChex ^////^
When it comes to Tenchi and co.:

I'd say Tenchi & Washu will have the longest lifespan reaching thousands of years, since they're pretty much godlike beings.  Ryoko & Sasami, I would think would have the 3rd/4th longest, since they're connected to Washu & Tsunami respectively in both a biological (and in Sasami's case: spiritual) sense.  Aeka is a pure-blood Juraian so, several hundreds up until thousands of years being apart of the royal house.  For Mihoshi, I'm not sure.  I recall Seina, in the anime, getting a procedure done to lengthen his life, but I don't recall how much it increases.  Ryo-Ohki's case is the one I'm the most unsure about.  She's connected to Washu on a biological level, but I'm pretty clueless about how she would age in the first place, since she can change her physical body's age at her whimsy.  Noike, is another that I'm a bit iffy on lifespan (the whole fem. Kagato thing throws me off kinda).  But, I think she is most likely going to have as long as Mihoshi would approx., what with her being Mihoshi's partner in the GP.

Oh and as a note, in OVA3 Ep.2 (I believe), Tennyo references the girls' ages when explaining that she is ~90 years old & still looks about 19/20 years old.  So, I think K-sensei had in mind that they're were gonna be around for a LONG time to come.

AstroNerdBoy would probably know best.  As far as I'm concerned, he's the definitive expert on the matter.

That said, here's my own two cents.

Jyuraian life spans depend on whether they're bonded to a tree or not.  From what I understand, it's very rare to actually see a Tree-Bonded Jyuraian to pass away of natural causes.  They live such adventurous lifestyles that many of them are more likely to be killed in action or something.  Otherwise, they can live to be about 10,000 years if they are lucky and/or careful.

If not bonded, though, I have the strong impression that Jyuraians aren't terribly much longer-lived than humans.  About 150 to 200, tops, and that's mainly because of better medical science and the weeding out of congenital diseases.  This would be why Kiyone Masaki passed away at a relatively early age, she did so while looking so young.  (Apparently it's been hinted that she had something like Alzheimer's Disease, which was part of why her pranks and behavior got more and more outlandish towards the end.)

Also, we have the special case of the GP Body Modifcation, which is like the Super Soldier Experiment that made Captain America, only jacked all the way to 11.  Roughly, I would say these people live to be about 3,000 to 5,000 years old - which, in practical terms, is plenty of time to make sure that the utterly invaluable experience they gain is passed down from one generation to the next.

Caveat: I would dare say that more people in the GP die in the line of duty than actually retire.

If we're deconstructing this, then you need to be very careful here.  RECORDED Human History only goes back about 6,000 years.  Conversely, Humans have been MAKING HISTORY on Earth for about one-million years.  That may sound like a lot of time, but when your dealing with life spans of ten-thousand years, that means you have a paltry ten generations between the dawn of man on Earth to today.  Fanfic Writers take note of this, please.

May 21, 2016, 12:40:49 AM #6 Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:45:18 AM by AstroNerdBoy
This is what came out of Japan many, many years ago (which sadly, I can't source...one of the things I kick myself in the arse over today).

What is the average lifespan of a Juraian?

A member of the Royal Family can live thousands of years. With Washu's technology, this can be much higher. For example: Misaki and Tenchi will still be around for hundreds of thousands of years. A normal Juraian has the same lifespan as a human, though the superior medical technology ensures a healthy and long life. Naturally, life extensions and body reinforcement will prolong this and is available to members of Jurai's military as well as those that attend the Galaxy Academy, particularly the Galaxy Police Academy.

Long lifespans is not that uncommon in the galaxy, but it depends upon the race's technology level and the individual's power and wealth. Living over 10,000 years is not impossible for someone with the means to get the necessary treatments.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Azusa would live to be about 2000 years of age, but my memory could be playing tricks on me. However, the 10,000 year lifespan is not Juraian per se, but rather any race who has access to the right tech and such.