Your opinions on Tenchi Universe?

Started by Tenchifan30, December 14, 2016, 04:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been watching it a lot lately and am starting to realize it was a pretty fun show, traveling across different planets with the gang and looking through it the dad was actually pretty funny this time around without the pervertness involved, like being consumed how he wound up in the sink while taking a bath or him being sad about the house being shrunk down and flat or leaving earth behind LOL. It was fun seeing every one on the run too.

Me being a Tenchi X Ryoko shipper enjoyed the moments they had in that series.

My only two complaints would be, lack of Washu and Ryoko being a little more selfish than what I was used to.

What are your opinions on the series?

December 14, 2016, 03:09:13 PM #1 Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 11:44:09 AM by Andraste
I like Universe a lot. I also really like the movies that build off that series.
The situations they are put in (especially time and space adventures!) are hilarious and its great that they get to travel into space.

The biggest problem I have with it is the watered down characterizations. (Ayeka's character deviation is the worst in my opinion.)
They just don't have the layers that their characters need or the great tragic backgrounds. They did add some cool characters. (Nagi and the human forms of Azaka and Kamidake.)

but yep.. for shipping purposes its great. :smug:

It is a fun AU that I really like a lot but my favorite AU is the manga because it builds off of the already established story from OVA 1 and 2. (Plus Tokimi turns into a legit bad guy.)

December 16, 2016, 10:14:35 PM #2 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 10:17:42 PM by Warmaster
Yeah I really liked Universe. I think it's second only to the first two OVA's, It just felt like a continuation of the OVA's tone.

Leaving Earth and going to Jurai also felt like a logical conclusion for the series.

My biggest gripe was that Mihoshi wasn't really a love interest in it. Her character became a lot more innocent, which wasn't a bad thing per se but sometimes things seem to get a bit confused. She acts like the Universe character in OVA3 which doesn't really conform to her character in the first two OVA's.