A.I.: TENCHI MUYO

Started by takahata, April 18, 2018, 03:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
According to Wikipedia, AI: TENCHI MUYO is a continuity of  TENCHI UNIVERSE.  The series was suppose to be a sequel of Tenchi Forever.  Kiyone Makibi was absent from the series.  The series plot was a result of one of Washu's experiments.  Washu's experiment had created a paradox after sending a young  Momo and her guardian from the past to the present.  Momo had turn out to be one of Tenchi's female ancestors. 

From the movie Tenchi Forever, we have found out that Tenchi had selected Ryoko  as his favorite among his girlfriends.  In AI, Tenchi is still single.  He had likely graduated from college before the series.  He does seem that he can become a fine teacher if he wants to. AI is set in Takahashi City. 

Is this official words from the creators? I'm leery of wikis.
Say my name.

Baker.

You're dang right.

I think he and Ryoko had dated, then the economy went south and he had to move to start teaching. It's reminiscent of his going to Tokyo, but not the same reasons.

Quote from: WaitoKon on April 21, 2018, 01:28:09 AM
I think he and Ryoko had dated, then the economy went south and he had to move to start teaching. It's reminiscent of his going to Tokyo, but not the same reasons.

Wait hold on -- is this right?

Remember this is Tenchi Universe as it is a sequel to Tenchi Forever.

Some undisclosed time before Washu's experiment:
https://youtu.be/ZhdNoFWaUBI?t=16

QuoteIs this official words from the creators?

No.

QuoteI'm leery of wikis.

With good reason.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Update: Can someone confirm the continuity of Ai Tenchi to the other shows? I and Antvasima are trying to put a page about this together on the Tenchi Wikia

they arent even written theq same show runner
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Of course, my concern is whether to list AI in the Continuity tables under canon or derivative.

I vote derivative.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Yes that would make sense, Vasima going to add it to the Continuities as such, and link to the main article.

I have only heard of Ai as completely stand-alone.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Yes, I also think that Ai is a stand-alone series.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

So I guess Kiyone finally was able to not have Mihoshi as a partner, run away and now Mihoshi lives at Tenchi's place. Seriously, until I saw an interview by the creators confirmed it, I would consider Ai Tenchi Muyo take place in a different universe.