A Mystery - where ,when, and what were Hachiko, Hana, and Touri supposed to be?

Started by جبريل 無道, March 15, 2015, 11:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
The only mystery that stuck with me on this show is where, when, and what Hana are supposed to be.

In the last episode, we see Momo and Beni returned back in time, and Tenchi and gang observing the modern day school, and Hana is flanked by these two, and she's sporting the President armband.  She's arguing with Yuki.  We get to assume with Momo/Beni back in time, things are as they should be and how they'd be without those two.

But wait!  A minute or two later, we see little Momo sweeping the Masaki Shrine with Beni watching out for her, and the three are back in time.  A Hachiko is now a guy.  Okay.

But- huh?  Wasn't Hachiko herself in all the flash back episodes?

And the subtitling has the correct sentiment here.

So 3 major characters.  Negishi couldn't decide if they belonged in the past, the present, or their gender.  Let's blame this plot hole on MK.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Given the differences, and that I think that the mentioned characters showed up in the present in the aftermath, the similar characters are probably just supposed to be ancestors.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: antvasima on March 15, 2015, 12:58:57 PM
Given the differences, and that I think that the mentioned characters showed up in the present in the aftermath, the similar characters are probably just supposed to be ancestors.

I kind of gave thought to that, but wondered why present day Hachiko, Hana, and Touri in the past talked and thought like they belonged in the past and didn't remember the present.  And yet the are different from the last episode past "Hachiko", Hana and Touri.  Plus the whole ancestors thing doesn't add anything there other than to be confusing and improbable coincidence.

I give it up as another thing Negishi slapped on screen without thought, but wanted to find explanations for first.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Knowing that Momo had arrived on Earth before Yosho did, the characters in the flashbacks are ancestors of Hachiko, Hana, and Touri.  It is more likely that the same characters in the flashbacks are ancestors of Tenchi Masaki, too.  There were members of the Masaki who have settled on Earth before Momo's arrival.

Momo's arrival on Earth was likely planned very carefully by the Jurian Royal family.   There were some members of the Earth Masaki Family were aware of their family's true origins.  One the few Masaki who was aware of the family's true origins was the Chief Priest of the Masaki Shrine.

Momo is likely one of Tenchi's ancestors. She may have likely her key sword behind. The key sword serves as one of the holy relics of the Masaki Shrine. 

Still I am puzzle about the link with the past and present.  Momo was sent to the present as a result of Tenchi touching the reset  button on his pad by accident.