E3 2013

Started by Tenchi Ryu, June 09, 2013, 04:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
EA presentation.

Plants vs. Zombie shooter.  :really:  Need for Speed movie (lolwut?). Titansfall being a Microsoft exclusive. NOT an Xbone exclusive.  :bravo: *Probably means it uses Origin on the PC. Which is not awesome* Sports sport sport sports. Battlefront teaser trailer. Battlefield 4. Mirror's Edge 2.

Mirror's Edge 2?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. :fuck:

:woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop:

A- if only because of Mirror's Edge 2.

June 10, 2013, 07:57:31 PM #16 Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:23:27 PM by SimmyC
Ubisoft conference.

Aisha Taylor. Those jokes...  :dogout: But let's look at the content.

Rayman. Meh.
The Crew. Could be interesting. Though not a fan of racing games in general. Still looks alright.
Pirates Creed. Meh. Nothing new really shown.
Watch Dog. Nothing new shown.
Let's Dance. Ahahaha. No.
Rabbid TV show. Well I don't mind a game to TV show doing well (Xbox One it'll be interactive.  :shepicide: ).
The Division. It.s... It's Alex Jones the video game.  :emot-vd: But, the game does look good. It effectively being an MMO on the hand...  :neg:
[edit]Oh. I forgot about Trials. ahaha... no.

Overall, I had low expectations with the Ubisoft conference. Though if I rate it beyond the games, like those terrible jokes Aisha Taylor were telling, I would have given the conference an F.

But since I'd like to say I can look past that...

I'd give the conference on the games a C-. Stuff like Watch Dog and Assassin's Creed 4, nothing new so I don't really count them in the presentation. Never cared for Rayman and a TV show. Pddddddddt.The reason the rating isn't lower would be thanks to The Crew and Tom Clancy's The Division.  The Crew has potential. But I have to see more before I get excited about it (not that I would since it's a racing game. A genre I'm not a huge fan of. But hey, it could still be interesting in its own right). As for The Division? Have to admit, the graphics were awesome looking. Even if I'm not a fan of the story which sounds like a page out of a conspiracy nuts handbook, at least the premise holds promise. If it is an MMO, that would blunt my excitement because I prefer single player games in general.

SONY failing SO hard right now. 40 mins and still no PS4 game footage, the damn thing looks JUST like the Xbone, and now they focus on movies and shit.

lmfao

Holy SHIT!!!

Kingdom Hearts 3 reveal!!!!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Sony with the knockout punch  :staredog: :staredog: :staredog: :staredog:

No DRM, Free used games, offline support no restrictions

Sony.....with the straight ether. Literally speechless

It's fucking over

Sony
-KH3 in development
-ABSOLUTELY NO RESTRICTIONS
-SMALLER ONLINE FEE compared to Xbox Live Gold
-$100 cheaper than Xbone

I will still probably get both eventually, but its clear as day which one I get first.

June 10, 2013, 11:10:36 PM #23 Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:50:14 PM by Tensami
It started off a little slow and the games were somewhat meh. But damn, I gained a lot of respect for Sony now.

399!399!399!399!399!399!399!399!399!399!399!399!

399!399!399!399!399!399!399!399!399!399!399!399!
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Quote from: SimmyC on June 10, 2013, 02:49:08 PM
MGS5 is NOT exclusive to the Xbox One.

But still~

Yes I know. Still means you don't need say, a PS4 for it. However, not being exclusive simply means I don't need to buy an Xbox One for it either.

From my understanding the only other systems it's slated for are PS3 & 360. So until additional information is provided, XB1 has the best version. Which actually makes the most sense because the MGS series has always sold best outside Japan, where the xbox brand has a much greater stronghold.

Not that I care, mind you. Both consoles can blow me. I just want an XB1 controller for my PC.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on June 10, 2013, 10:44:47 PM
Sony with the knockout punch  :staredog: :staredog: :staredog: :staredog:

No DRM, Free used games, offline support no restrictions
I hate to use an overused meme to describe my joy in this instance (Not to mention the $399 price tag compared to xBox ONE's $499) but I'm left no choice after hearing this.  Here goes...

In short, I will be buying a PS4 before I buy an xBox ONE.  I already have the Wii U so that's already covered.  :emot-smugdog:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

A theory that's floating around is that we see now why EA not only really associated themselves with Sony today, but even gave MS an EXCLUSIVE title in TitanFall. Clearly EA  has some beef with Sony now, wonder where this will head.

I had to work when Sony's conference was going on. But it's clear.

They won.  :cat:

That is all.

June 11, 2013, 03:39:53 AM #28 Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:43:54 AM by Tenchi Ryu
Now to give my grades....

Microsoft gets a B. Even though they lost the E3 battle, its more so because Sony hit them with the sucker punch. But for the most part, HUGE improvement over their first conference for the gamers. They came and got the job done, most importantly, doing what they promised to do, give us just games. And they didn't even waste time on multiple Kinect titles. Even though I'm currently leaning to PS4 to get first, I'm still planning on getting the Xbone, too many games that I'm interested in. Killer Instinct, Halo, Fable and that new Titan Fall are all very promising looking exclusives, and what I'm interested in. Xbox HAS to make changes ASAP to stand a chance, which I'm sure they will. First is that price that has to go. At this point, even if you lose money at first financially, you got to do what Sony did with the PS3 and lower that price. Second, and probably the most obvious one, you got to take care of the DRM and used games policy. As you see the fans clearly let everyone know what they want. Sony delivered, so you must do the same.

Sony gets a B+/A-. While everyone will remember their ultimate killing blow, the conference was very meh and uninteresting before Square-Enix pulled out the big guns with Final Fantasy XV and KH3. Yea I know you want to show how you're committed to Indie developers, but except for maybe one group, those games just didn't interest me. If I want to play some 2D platformer or side shooter, I'd just get a portable system. Waste of time on a powerful PS4. Also, the actual presentation wasn't good, couldn't even understand that one guy's english. But like I said, in the end, Sony had the ultimate trump card, which was guaranteed to win fans over since the pain was fresh on people's mind from MS. Hell, they were even able to sneak in the fact that they will start charging for online multiplayer, something most Sony fans would blast MS about. Time will tell how this is accepted, but from the comments I've seen, while you have a good amount that will accept it, you do have a noticeble number who are disappointed.

Still need to see what Nintendo will do. People tend to count them out, but let's not forget they absolutely dominated the current gen with the Wii. Although they've had a rough start with the Wii-U, E3 would be the opportunity to change that.

The downside about Sony is that it will cost more here in the UK by about £93 However it is still cheaper then the Xboxone that costs £423 and if i bought five games with that (along with any other costs) I'll be looking at about £700 spent. Just buying two games will put my spending over £500.

I can't support MS needing internet the entire time, fee for used games, and that it is expensive. Sony is expensive as well but at least their keeping the themes that appeal to gamers.

I suspect a lot of people will buy PS4 and wiiU to go with it. If someone bought the XboxOne and PS4 then that's almost £800 their spending and a few games each pushes it to the £1000 point which is astounding. I don't think the xboxone is worth the hassle of even buying, there is a reason why people buy used games. the consoles are already expensive as they are.