New Isekai spot on Funimation APP

Started by Tenchi Ryu, August 10, 2012, 10:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

January 19, 2013, 09:08:15 PM #16 Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 09:15:16 PM by Tenchi Ryu
ANN page showing the voice actors for anyone interested...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-19/funimation-reveals-tenchi-war-on-geminar-dub-cast-and-trailer

One thing I find interesting is that Ulyte questioned for a minute if Kenshi was from somewhere he knew before changing the subject. That in turns makes me question if Lea or any of the other sisters had contact with Tokimi or Rea....

^Interesting observation. But am I the only one who's kind of put off by Lashara's voice? I'm not a fan of the actress' delivery really. I guess I'll get used to it though.

Disliking Chaia all over again.  :wtf:  (And I don't even like Kenshi).
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Don't like Kenshi...

Yea I agree LHW, its like they wanted to make her prissy or something. Although Lasara is nothing like that.

I'm ok with the dubs so far, really wanna know what Aura sounds like. Plus regardless it'll be nice to not have to read sub titles.

I do it without realizing I'm doing it at this point. And if I'm really lucky, it will be an action scene without much dialogue  :worship:

Gonna rewatch ISM again since this will probably have people wanting some questions answered. And I'm kinda rusty as its been some months since i've seen it....

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on January 19, 2013, 11:20:20 PM
Don't like Kenshi...

No offense to his fans.  I like shy boys. :shyboy:

Kenshi has none of that.  He's also too good at everything.  OTOH, he's not a manbearpig.  He's just okay.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Apparently there's screeners out.

FUNi's pushing early.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Oh hey, an ANN review of a harem series, this is going to be exciting! I mean, it's not like they don't give a series with even the slightest hints of a harem a chance right?

Also, why review 3 episodes of a 13 episode series, just wait until the whole thing is out damnit!

I think I'm just tired of the whole anime reviewer community...
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Just throw some emo shit at them to make them happy...

January 21, 2013, 02:34:37 AM #28 Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:57:56 AM by جبريل 無道
Looks at review.

:payup:

This is why I usually avoid ANN reviews.  They hate all my shows.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1499348

The review was a waste of my time.  It's like the reviewers get paid by the word, and they say the same thing over and over again, with a lot of attitude, angst, and their own narrow perspecive.

While I don't agree with Roger Ebert all that much, I still like reading his reviews for movies I like but he's no too thrilled with.  These people could learn something from him about writing reviews for a broader audience.  I don't need every anime I watch to be groundbreaking or any of that.  It just needs to entertain me.

Yea, as Tensami pointed out, if its Ecchi or Harem...it tends to never get a unbiased review. The issue is that ANN reviewers are just like majority of the users there, they have a strict taste in anime. Usually being dramatic/action.

It's like asking a vegetarian to review some BBQ ribs....

At least use someone who ENJOYS the material at hand. Or better yet, if you know this isn't your forte, why are you even trying it? Just to have a reason to be able to bitch.