Whatcha been reading? Manga and light novel thread.

Started by Ryo-Okay, December 05, 2017, 05:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Caught up on Hero Academia, thinking of rereading Citrus.

I've been reading Sekirei on paperback lately. Speaking of which, I have to leave you know that Sekirei 365 Dayd Without Her has been unveiled.

https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-100096717

I read Neko Ane. It's about an orphaned boy whose pet cat becomes a nekomata so she can be his big sister. It was pretty good.

I also read what's translated of 29-sai Dokushin Chuuken Boukensha no Nichijou, which is by the same mangaka as Neko Ane. This one is a fantasy series about an adventurer who finds a little girl and takes care of her. What I read was good, but I'm afraid it'll pull an Usagi Drop.

May 07, 2019, 10:58:13 PM #18 Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 11:01:47 PM by WaitoKon
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on April 25, 2019, 10:44:49 AM
Quote from: WaitoKon on April 24, 2019, 04:14:45 PM
Just finished reading the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_×_Heart_Magias_Academy_Ataraxia
Did the manga get to the part where the MC fucks his sister and loli goddess mom?

Having read through all four volumes that the mangaka said were to contain the entire arc, I only remember one attempt at coitus by another classmate, and it was promptly stopped by the protagonist's choicest love interest who has some clout in the school, and badmouthing the couple with the protagonist there for moral support before they madly made out.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on May 05, 2019, 09:46:06 AM
I also read what's translated of 29-sai Dokushin Chuuken Boukensha no Nichijou, which is by the same mangaka as Neko Ane. This one is a fantasy series about an adventurer who finds a little girl and takes care of her. What I read was good, but I'm afraid it'll pull an Usagi Drop.

That one resembles Welcome to the NHK, desu ne?

I've been reading a lot of stuff lately.

Ochanigosu: I reread this. It's a delinquent manga by the creator of Kyou Kara Ore Wa and one of my favorite manga.

Shounen, Chotto Sabotteko?: About a kid who keeps running into an OL who is always slacking off. It was ok, but I'll probably stop reading it and come back once a good amount of chapters have built up to see if it actually goes anywhere.

Astra Lost in Space: It's a short 5 volume sci-fi series about a group of kids who get teleported lightyears away and have to make their way back home in a spaceship they find.

Good Bye, Dragon Life: A dragon dies and is reborn as a human. It's your standard reincarnation harem affair.

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari: A fantasy manga where a kid grew up in a town where descendants of legendary heroes live moves to the city to become a soldier. Because he grew up around so many strong people he thinks he is weak, but compared to everyone in the city he is crazy strong. This manga was dumb in pretty much all the ways I enjoy. What's translated of the manga so far covers the first light novel, so I'll probably hold off and wait for the light novels to read more.

Isekai Kaeri no Yuusha ga Gendai Saikyou! Inou Battle-kei Bishoujo o Bishibashi Choukyou Suru Koto ni!?: Kid returns home after getting isekai'd and still has all of his powers. The idea of this is neat, but the execution has been pretty boring. I'll keep up with it for a bit, but if it doesn't get better I'll probably drop it.

Bouken ni, Tsuitekonaide Okaasan!: This is pretty much a straight-up knock-off of Do You Love Your Mom. The differences are that in this it's a straight fantasy series, not a VRMMO, and the MC's mom isn't his birth mom. This time she is a powerful dragon demon who adopted him.

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?: Started reading the third light novel of this. I still enjoy this even if does feel a bit repetitive.

Tatoeba and Isekai Kaeri definitely stood out in my latest trawl of the online bookstores. But the "no Yuusha" in the title of the second item made my heart twinge, thinking of Maoyū Maō Yūsha. Oh how I want that to take off again.

Please help me, I can't stop reading terrible isekai manga. The number of manga I follow has gone from around 40 series to almost 90 over the last couple of months. [spoiler]I also read a couple of trap manga.[/spoiler]

It's okay, we are here for you. Every manga is at the very least pedagogical to the extent it conveys what the story author thinks each scene might look like.

Renai Boukun was finally fully translated, so I finished that. I'm a little bummed that Shikimi got left out of the harem ending for some reason, but overall I thought the ending was okay.

I've been catching up on a few manga lately. First was The Man Picked Up By the Gods. This was one that I really enjoyed back when I was on my hardcore isekai kick. There were around 11 new chapters, but since it was only like 30 total I reread the whole thing. The direction the story is going is a bit of a let down, but I'm still enjoying it. Apparently it is getting an anime soon too, so I'm looking forward to that.

Second was Gacha wo Mawashite Nakama wo Fuyasu (title has been shortened for my sanity.) This is another isekai, but the gimmick here is that the MC gets all of his equipment and companions from a gacha system. It's an okay manga with a cute Saber clone.

The last one was Shounen, Chotto Sabotteko? It's a cute manga about a junior high school boy and an office lady slacking off. I had like 20 chapters to catch up on and to my surprise it had ended. The ending was fine for the kind of manga it was but the site I read it on didn't say it was the final chapter, so I was looking forward to how everything would progress. Then it just ended. Still a nice manga though.

And now I think I'm going to go read volume 7.5 of Invader of the Rokujouma!? I've been sporadically rereading this series, and for the last couple of days I've been itching to get back to it.

Before bed I've been reading a few chapters of Cross Game for maybe the 6th or 7th time? Although really, the anime may be one of those few that improve on the source (gives Aoba her own subplot about trying out for the National Girl's baseball team), it's still a pleasant read that helps settle me before sleep.

...another previous manic interest of mine was devouring Mitsuru Adaichi's manga. Cross Game is the masterpiece, but most of them are really something special.
too bad that his recent Mix (got an anime) is so damn slow.
...in my pants

Cross Game was one of the anime I watched when I was really getting into anime a few years ago. A great show. I tried to read H2 shortly after, but couldn't get into it at the time. I should really give it another shot.

December 26, 2020, 03:33:09 PM #28 Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 10:55:32 AM by Ryo-Okay
100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really Love You is probably one of my favorite manga I'm reading right now. Having a manga go for the harem end from the start is a nice change of pace, and having everyone involved think of themselves as a family is nice.

Okaa-san Online novels are still enjoyable. At the rate they are being released it will be fully translated by the end of next year. I'm hoping it wraps up well.

Megami-Ryou no Ryoubo-kun got picked up by a new group after the anime was announced. The manga is enjoyable, but I'm not sure how long it will keep my interest. I'll probably end up falling off once the translation gets caught up and then binge it when there are a lot of chapters out.

My top priority now is Yuusha ga Shinda! That series is one of my favorites and it ended just recently. I've already spoiled the ending for myself, but I'm really happy with how it ended.

Adding on to this post. I finished Yuusha ga Shinda! The final fight was good, and it had a damn near perfect ending. One of the best manga endings I've seen in a while, possibly ever.

Another manga I'm reading that I forgot to put here initially is Shaman King. I'm about 10 volumes in and so far it is a pretty good battle shounen.

I read the mangaGurren Lagann , and the anime is originally not about love it's about friendship, saving humanity in the mech genre. I like the fact that it doesn't focus too much on romance. You can often see that a good anime is spoiled by the romance because there are still questions and it kind of detracts from the atmosphere of the plot. For me a model anime is probably one of the best, in my opinion, are 91 Days. It's a drama and I like that it wasn't diluted with romance or humor everything stayed stark as it should have been. I generally love different genres my friends do too and when it comes to how we spend our weekends we start playing anime quizzes and anime quizzes. This is cool because we always keep in mind what we like, it's nice when your friend starts memorizing the characters that are close to you, in general, it would be cool if we were joined by more of the same fans I'm sure we'll have a great time.