New Infinite Stratos Anime announced

Started by Tenchi Ryu, April 09, 2013, 01:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 09, 2013, 01:51:52 AM Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:53:25 AM by Tenchi Ryu
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-08/publisher-lists-new-infinite-stratos-tv-anime

Hmm, I'll probably watch it, I just personally never understood the hype. I mean, it was decent show, but it wasn't exactly revolutionary or anything. Hell, felt like a pretty generic harem series with really good action scenes.

But in the end, we all know Money Talks and bullshit walks...and considering this made a killing in sales, it was a no brainer a second season would appear eventually.

I'm curious to see what they will eventually do with a second season. I know there is a bit of story left before the massive drama surrounding the light novels took hold, but I don't know if it is enough for a second season.

I know they can make fillers, or even the dreaded 'original story' route. But eh. I at least hope that whatever they do, they would incorporate the new characters that the current anime hasn't gotten to yet.

That being said, I do agree that if you broke down Infinite Stratos, I never understood why it was so popular compared to other series. It's sales rival that of say, Bakemonogatari. Yet the series wasn't ground breaking, witty, or 'deep' at all. Just, generic harem antics found elsewhere. Mind you, I thoroughly enjoyed said harem antics and don't mind a season 2. I just never understood why this series was huge, while other series I thought were better weren't (liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike, Isekai Seikishi).

I would be interesting to watch if he get Charlotte over that horrible tsundere.

Hmm. Well, got my wish. New season and not a reboot, and they are going to add the characters that were in the light novels but weren't in Season 1. :smug:

A lot of people want that Gaston. So much so, one of the rumors on why there was so much drama surrounding the Light Novels was how much the author was taking flack from Charlotte fans given it was clear the Tsundere was winning. Besides him being lazy (and not exactly civil with the fanbase) and pissing off his previous publisher (I heard he got a new one). But eh. While I see why she is populat, I was kind of surprised I didn't like Charlotte as much as most other people (most of the fanbase even).  I much prefer Wincest route.  :parrot: