Xbox Thread

Started by Tenchi Ryu, April 25, 2013, 12:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Nice. Stopped by Toys R Us earlier and they had 4 left. But while bouncing around Walmart, Bestbuy & Gamestop, I did not spot a single unit. Wasn't out looking for one, mind you, just out and about today. According to IGN there are reports of some with defective optical drives and systems bricking after being updated. So just like PS4, One is having day1 issues too. Can't say I'm surprised. There's a rumor going round that a couple disgruntled Foxconn employees were sabotaging PS4s and if there's any truth to that, you can bet those cocksuckers were doing the same to Ones.

Yea I heard. Haven't started mine up yet, but praying mine ain't one of them lol.

Anyway, here is the day one Controller, pretty much the same for the most part except the day one text and a chrome dpad.

How's it feel in your hand? None of the demo units I saw actually allowed you to play them. For either system.

Tried my buddy's DS4 controller and it felt pretty good, in my massive hands. Felt like they finally spread the controller's base further apart and the handles were slightly larger than the old design, which was nice too. Thou it felt like they were still a little too small for my liking. With the old moldings my pinkies could never grip onto them, but with the DS4 they can. Also liked that the new molding made it so my middle fingers were not rubbing tightly against that grove all of their old controller moldings had. Damned tinyass playstation controllers.

November 22, 2013, 11:06:44 PM #63 Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 11:11:44 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Hmm...let's see.

The controller feels good in your hand, especially if you love the 360 controller. It feels a tad smaller and less heavy, but that's mostly due to the big ass battery pack in the back completely gone now. It honestly also reminds me of the original Xbox controller, not the big ass Duke but the controller s. Kinda like a fusion of that and the 360 controller. So no more bumping your middle and ring fingers on it. The analog sticks are also a tad smaller, but just like the recent 360 transformable d pad controllers, these also have the incredible engraved swirls that just invite your thumbs in...comfortable as hell. The sticks also feel a little looser, but not in a negative way IMO, in fact, the sensitivity will probably help when playing FPS games.

The controller can now be a wired or wireless controller at will. A usb cord didn't come with it, but the same usb that works to charge most samsung phones like the galaxy works with the Xbone controller. You just plug that sucker on top and and into the Xbone and you now have a wired controller that doesn't even need batteries. The Guide button is now flat surfaces, so it doesn't feel like that ball on the 360. To me, the new guide button feels just like pushing down a key on a keyboard.

Now the triggers...GOOD LORD the triggers. If you can, grab a 360 controller while I explain this. When you click the trigger, its a pretty fast action, and leaves that "click" sound, especially if you pressed it fast and hard. The One triggers though are not like this at all. It's smooth as shit and absolutely quiet. The side is also grooved to match the the grooves in your finger and feels so good. And the new trigger rumble?

I was in a gamestop a few weeks ago playing the demo with some other guys in the store, they had Forza playing. Instead of driving normally though, we were banging the rails, driving in dirt and just fucking our car up to feel the rumble. God damn its good. Games need to take complete advantage of this, no fucking exceptions. No bullshit, this trigger rumble could sale 60% of the fucking controller by itself, hell it probably is.

The d-pad is a savior for all those who hated the original 360-pad. For me, it was a no brainer because as I mentioned in the thread about my custom 360 controller I just got, I only use those transforming d pads now, I don't even waste my time with the original ones. And I knew they would take those and make them permanent on the One controller and they did. Just has a little more click to them. But feels very similar to the SNES D-pad.

The only issue that people may have is with the bumpers. Its getting hot and cold reactions. It's hard to explain, but I'll try my best. For people who would rest their entire index finger on the bumper with the middle section of your finger during the pushing, this bumper was literally built for people like you. It matches the groove in your finger and everything. For people like me who bend their finger like an bow and push the middle of the bumper, it takes a little more adjusting and getting use to, but it still feels very good. The people who will struggle are the people who push down on the edge of the bumper facing towards the battery pack. Meaning, the people who would push down the left side of the right bumper while not touching the right side of the bumper at all. This part is now not pushable at all on the One controller, definitely favoring the right side of the bumper.

Other than that, this controller is the shit. If you were someone who liked using 360 controllers on the PC, you will find yourself upgrading to this eventually.

So the grips actually being wider is an optical illusion, huh? Now that's funny. Especially after all of the Sony fanboys, whom have never even touched one, were trying to claim they made the grips were wider and this magically screwed with how you held the sucker. You know, sometimes it's hard to tell of these retards are actual fanboys or just corporate shills. In any case, they certainly are good at spreading inaccurate anti-xbox/anti-nintendo propaganda.

Nice review on the controller. Now that I know it can be used as a wired controller, I'll have to pick one up to use with my PC. To be honest, I wasn't sure what was up with PC compatibility. Because when I asked a couple of surprisingly very knowledgeable Gamestop employees about a wireless receiver for One controllers, none of them knew if MS had any plans to release one. And since MS phased out manufacturing of the 360's wireless receiver, news that there were no announced plans for a One receiver was very disheartening, to say the least.

One thing I am disappointed with One, that I know of, anyway. Is that 360 controllers are incompatible. The One's controller uses significantly newer wireless tech, which breaks compatibility, so I fully understand that. But I would have liked for them to include compatibility with wired controllers. Because let's be honest, there are a ton of Madcatz Tournament Sticks, etc sticks out there, they're all wired and none of them are cheap. It simply would have been nice to reuse those beasts, rather than have to fork out for another arcade stick or wait til some crappy third party controller comes out to cannibalize. Just to avoid dropping a couple more Benjamins on those $$$ sticks.

November 23, 2013, 04:56:13 PM #65 Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 05:06:04 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Yep, I have a wireless receiver and since getting the custom controller, my silver controller is pretty much strictly for PC gaming now

With the One controller, the only thing you'll have to wait on is for MS to release the drivers. Not exactly sure when they will release, many guess some time next year. But MS has confirmed they are working on it and plan to have it out in the near future. Here is what Xbox has on it so far
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-charge-cable-to-controller

Agree about the controller compatibility. That really would have been nice if 360 controllers could be used. Hell, PS4 did a damn good job making PS4 controllers backwards compatible. Don't quote me, but I DO remember someone on Neogaf mentioning that during a Killer Instinct promo, they WERE using 360 fight sticks. Not sure if this was a temporary thing or what, but maybe there is hope. I know a lot of Xbone fans are mad as hell the 360 wheels don't work either, especially since the new one is expensive as fuck.

November 24, 2013, 10:41:25 AM #66 Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 11:33:22 AM by shades of blue
QuoteHell, PS4 did a damn good job making PS4 controllers backwards compatible.

Looked into it and the DS4 is only somewhat backwards compatible. The DS4 workes plugged in via USB, as the PS3 sees it as a generic USB controller. So for some/most games it works, but not perfectly. Rumble does not work, nor does the home button. And I guess there are some other quirks too. Definitely not a solid investment for PS3 owners, looking for an improved controller that just works. My sexy SLS Sega Saturn USB controller is a better investment. heheh.

QuoteDon't quote me, but I DO remember someone on Neogaf mentioning that during a Killer Instinct promo, they WERE using 360 fight sticks.

Well I guess there is some hope. Thou I'm not keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe someone on shoryuken will eventually tryout their sticks on their newest toys and we'll get a more solid answer on that.

EDIT: Looking around shoryuken, found a few people who tried their old sticks and the results weren't positive. A couple others even already started cannibalizing One controllers to make their old sticks work. Playstation stick backward compatibility is a bust too, but no one appears to be cannibalizing DS4 controllers yet.

So I started using the Xbone and I'm loving it. For all the problems I've heard....Xbox loves my voice. For a black dude with a Chicago urban voice, Kinnect pretty much understands everything I says.

Will upload pics

Did you guys one even better, got a video of me using Kinect

http://www.youtube.com/v/FKXqPu_Wgdw

Uploading game footage is so fucking simple now. Literally just "xbox record that" and thats it, and with skydrive its easy as hell to upload, here's two clips of me playing Ryse and NBA 2K14

http://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=FB821CD27E6ADAE8!123&authkey=!AH5wrX7I-LDGI6c&ithint=video%2c.mp4

http://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=FB821CD27E6ADAE8!124&authkey=!AEoO7d7CD84q06o&ithint=video%2c.mp4

Finally played a true Kinect title, and got to admit, it was fun as hell.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=FB821CD27E6ADAE8!130&authkey=!AGApkFUBISQpKyM&ithint=video%2c.mp4

No controller being used here, all body/arms.

Oh wow. Apparently they delayed it AGAIN here. Cool. October 2014 is gonna be sweet for totally-not-dated motion control gaming yo!

Calling it now, next Xbox will only be released in America. Also probably be shaped like an american football or something.

This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Quote from: Tensami on December 11, 2013, 07:20:09 PM
Oh wow. Apparently they delayed it AGAIN here. Cool.

You and yall god damn accents man. You need my Murica accent

Just noticed CronusMAX now has full One support - use of controllers for Wii,WiiU,360,PS3,PS4,keyboard&mouse is now possible using it. Along with use of One&PS4 controllers on 360&PS3. PS4 support is still a WIP ATM.

http://www.youtube.com/v/WdVOSpmUx9g

Someone on Neogaf posted that vid, but I don't know much about that so didn't comment on it here. But if that can be a solution to people wanting to use their favorite fightsticks without having to fork over another 150 bucks, it should be put out in the gaming community hard.

Meanwhile, Dead Rising 3 demo has been put up, so I'll put up a video of me playing it later.