Eva and You

Started by For Washuu, February 14, 2013, 11:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
End of Evangelion, to be specific, but the series will do as well.

What about you?  You've probably seen it.  Did it screw your mind royally?  Or were you just nodding your head with one or another of the character's lines, silently agreeing with every last sentiment?  Or both...
Or maybe...  Aww, I have no clue.

What do YOU guys think about that movie? (or the series, if you haven't seen EoE.  I happen to be on a movie rut right now.)

My thought about that movie EVA

-The movie is less complicate than I thought. Then again, I have read what people said on TV Tropes so I guess I had cheating. LOL But that more normal than Revolutionary Utena girl the movie or Kanashimi no Belladonna.

-I like how Gendo and Asuka end.  :getin: :

-I HATE THE OPENING. That make Shinji look like an asshole and seriously what the hell that add to the plot ? Remove that scene and the movie doesn't change a bit !

-I like when Misato kiss Shinji.  :chord:

-The message is boring. Yeah, I get people can hurt each other STOP SAYING IT 1000 BILLIONS TIMES.

-For all the others scenes, I don't remember I have an emotion. I just watched it just I was curious. Seriously, I don't really care that much about the movie, even when a character I liked was kill I was not that sad. After all, naked giant Rei said everyone can return so why I should be sad if they are just death during 10 minutes ?

Quote from: For Washuu on February 14, 2013, 11:14:05 PM
End of Evangelion, to be specific, but the series will do as well.

What about you?  You've probably seen it.  Did it screw your mind royally?  Or were you just nodding your head with one or another of the character's lines, silently agreeing with every last sentiment?  Or both...
Or maybe...  Aww, I have no clue.

What do YOU guys think about that movie? (or the series, if you haven't seen EoE.  I happen to be on a movie rut right now.)
I saw it pretty late, so the initial shock factor never really affected me since I've already been told before hand that this was full of mindfuck. One funny thing though, the first thing I ever saw EVA related was a youtube clip of the Shinji x Misato kiss, so when I saw her having sex with Kaji in the show, I was PISSED!! lol. Even if it was explained that she technically loved him first, I was still rooting for Shinji.

But as a whole, I really enjoy the Eva series, the story, the action and overall vibe. One thing I can say though is that i GREATLY prefer the new Rebuild movies to the original show though. Gives you the feeling maybe these characters can actually get out alive this time, or as some feel, on the second chance with some thinking this is a canon sequel to the EoE movie, as if the reset button was pushed on the world.

http://i.imgur.com/kjjtTj5.jpg

The series was decent although it stress the "Deres" to much
http://i.imgur.com/YmIbQoc.jpg

The last 2 episode were annoying to watch.

The end of evangelion was the climax/ending everyone wanted. The Deres became tools for a greater purpose and the mech part of the show became "godly". It turned evangelion into watch once to watch again. Then ending left me hanging because even at that point you don't want it to stop. What will happen next?