Tenchi Summerization Project

Started by Eff Efferson, January 19, 2020, 09:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
gxp 1 should be (check for spelling errors pls)

Seina Yamada is taking a slightly more dangerous bike route to go see his friend Kiriko Masaki. He thinks back to his distant relative Tenchi, whose farm recently took on an explosion of carrot growing hectares. Then his bike starts to wobble, and he suspects a flat tire.

Seina finds himself at the Masaki estate where he uses the water in the pond to find the hole in his tire. That's when something enormous crashes into the nearby lake, engulfing Seina and almost drowning him.

He is revived by a strange blond woman in a bodysuit. She straightens out his garb, and asks if he was the one waiting to join the GP before handing him an application and quickly leaving.
Seina's immediate family corral him into signing the GXP application without giving him a chance to even skim the information pamphlet attached to it.

Seina relents, and eventually retires for the evening, thinking of Kiriko.

When he awakes, thinking he was dreaming all of the previous events, he finds a relative of Mihoshi watching over him. There is a brief exchange with family members over a video connection. He has many questions, but they have to wait.

Seina is given a brief tour, landing him on the bridge of a GP starship. Mihoshi's relative accompanies him, constantly petting his head. Seina is convinced that this is an elaborate hoax that was so well done it even involved his family connections.

His thoughts derail when Mihoshi's relative, then identified as Mitoto-sama, begins debating with the ship's captain on how to convince Seina that he is aboard a starship.

They disengage the ship's gravity, and Seina flails about before finally accepting that he is indeed in outer space. When it's turned back on he accidently opens the ships hailing channel and no one notices but some pirates.

As far as he is aware, the ship's commanding officer Onnainin and the Seniwan assistant Mitoto are aliens. He asks Mitoto about her rank in this organization, and Mitoto clarifies that she is just there to clean things. Seina cannot help but notice how dirty the ship's bridge actually is and that she is being kept from actually cleaning.

After a bit, Seina learns how to work the ship's communications, and considers dialing for home. He imagines how to impress Kiriko with his new line of work. But when the Masaki residence receives his call, it sounds like the answering machine. However, a video springs up, and Seina realizes it is his classmate Kai. Kai cannot see the video on his end, and is shocked when Seina plays a prank on him using the video feed's vantage point.

The ship prepares to enter hyperspace, so Seina must hang up and brace for the unexpected. It is a complete letdown. After, he is asked to retire to his quarters, giving him a chance to phone Kiriko instead of Kai this time.

When the call connects, he is bounced around over to several family members and it appears Kiriko just left the locale. But she returns during Seina's frantic instructions, and as she takes the call it disconnects as the ship is put under emergency lockdown.

The ship is under attack. Seina rushes to the bridge. Onnainin is convinced this encounter was highly unlikely.

After more pirates join the fight, the GP ship intends to retreat. It is chased through several hyperspace jumps until it no longer can jump due to being too close to Radi Shank's ship.

Fortunately, Seto Kamiki Jurai appears in her resplendent royal ship, and shuts down the enemy pirate activities.

Seina discovers firsthand the ornate layout and devastating capabilities of a Juraian Royal Ship. It is identified as the Mikagami, Seto's personal ship. Crew members accidentally let slip about her reputation, that she is none other than the devil princess of Jurai.

Outside of the area of effect of the Mikagami's signature attack, Ryoko Balta assesses the aftermath. They are missing some of their quarry, but dare not intrude on the current Juraian presence.

Seina meets Seto in person, after getting to know a group of four of her staff members for a while, repairs are underway for the damage sustained during the GP ship's escapade.

Seina discovers that the Mikagami's interior is detached from normal space, allowing adequate room for a standalone biosphere comparable to actual planets. It is unquestionably vast for something serving as living quarters for the Mikagami's minimal crew.

While aboard the Mikagami, Seina is shown to a guesthouse. Its dimensions approach half a football field in any direction, allowing for more furnishings than a visiting guest would know what to do with. He soon takes the opportunity to phone his relatives back home.

Once the dust settles, Seto grants Seina a chance to stay in space by joining the Galaxy Police.

The dinner concludes with pudding, before Seina is shown back to the guest house.

Seto hails Ryoko Balta's ship in the distance, and beckons her to come meet seina, after seto leaves she comes aboard the ship peacefuly and is surpised by the kind of person he is.

Eventually, Seina is received at the GP's immigration office. While his thoughts dwell on the promise he made to Seto, he is amazed to find Kiriko working behind the desk. Kiriko is outraged that he was whisked into GP training due to Amane's mishandling, while Amane is pleased to see her account replenished with the completed referral.

After a brief transfer, Seina is introduced to Airi and he meets Seiryo Tenan, who has a predjudice against earthlings but been appointed to teach Seina during the next leg of his training with the GP. Seina goes with airi to try on uniforms where he meets erman, after that he is dropped off at his dorm
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Much appreciated, have updated 3 and looking at 1 now.

Thank you both for helping out.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

GXP 2 is pretty good but i noticed some things that needed correction

gxp 2

To date, there are seventeen volumes in the True Tenchi Muyo! GXP series of light novels. The second volume in the series was written by Masaki Kajishima and revisits some of the events starting in episode 4 of the GP anime itself. This volume is only available in Japan.
Summary

While Seina familiarizes himself with the GXP Academy grounds, Kiriko gets into discussing with Seto his reward bounty for helping intercept the scores of pirates earlier. Seto ultimately wires over an exorbitant sum, shocking Kiriko senseless.

Seina meets some of the fellow academy students, several of them introduced as dorm mates. Antics ensue, when Seina is houded for an interview about how he knows kiriko and amane. Airi interupts his interview while in the middle of her bath and tells him not to reveal any classified information.

--ricin the mooning was a gag with kenneth not seina... shouldnt be in the summary ---

A little while later, the evening inspection occurs, and Seina along with his dorm mates must stand in glowing circles for an uncomfortable span. Then, once the halls quiet down closer to curfew, they make a plan for sneaking around undetected.

Kiriko makes a call to Seina's new dorm, only to discover the boys have left stuffed decoys in their beds. An alarm goes out, and security drones buzz around marking the students out of bed. Kiriko however gains access to the security mainframe and redirects drones away from her friend Seina, who gets out of the ordeal mostly intact.

In the aftermath, while Seina's dorm mates wear bags over their heads to cover up fresh markings, Kiriko must contend with a report of human hunters on the grounds.

Seina continues leading his dorm mates on an excursion, now milling about in the city surroundings. Seiryo is rebuffed by Amane's fanboys, and in his rage decides to track the boys down, bringing his family's prized battleship into low orbit over their last known location. Amane covers for Seina to some extent, and someone reports the incident, causing the GXP to deploy a massive force to stop the battleship from causing any damage.

Mass murderer Widow is at large, and intercepts Seina's reconnoiter of the surface streets having caught up to Seina and his dorm mates while they are recollecting themselves in a luxurious hotel.

The hotel balcony collapses as Seina and widow talk and Seina selflessly sheilds her from the fall, in doing so Seina convinces Widow to turn herself in, and she spends the downtime while the GXP process her arrest having tea with Mikami. Amane finds Seiryo and knocks him unconcious.

Seina's escapade winds down as Erma gives his group a ride back to the dormitory. Kiriko gives up on trying to find seina when she learns things have been taken care of. Kiriko goes back home and remembers the incident that caused her to find out about her alien heritage.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Domo arigatou, changes made Eff!

4 is a mess,the best i can do is:

Seina moves in with the girls and they go shopping but their trip is interupted when seiryo shows up and causes a scene gettting them kicked out.
They go to eat at naashisu and seina finds out it is now run by airi after he gets tricked into calling her granny.
They come back home to find the seto scouts have been designated as maids around the house for security reasons antics ensue.
Miki's team goes for lunch with seina's team and he learns that miki will be going off planet on a dangerous training mission soon.
Miki manages to scoop seina away from the watchfull eyes of everyone and takes seina on a date to her secret spot. She begs him to take care of her father while she's gone.
after she leaves an incedent occurs and Nb trys to transform into her but fails to fully take her form. seina is informed that she and everyone aboard the space station she was working on had been murdered in a pirate attack. the girls decide to rush him into a second round of bioenhancement to keep him busy.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

gxp 5: no comments this is very spot on. a very light summary but accurate.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I thought I would have more time to work on this but I tried summarizing book 1. Made it 3/4's of the way and got to 11 pages before I called it quits. I want to much in the summary like chapter 3 in my summary was 9 pages.

October 16, 2020, 08:31:43 AM #69 Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 09:55:57 AM by Nonsuch Ned
I guess I've never mentioned here. Did some work on them. Possibly over-long but I figure most people will never search them out, so the summaries SHOULD tell a cliff notes story. Made a summary for 17, working off the Machine translations - oof. The part about Jovia's intro was really confusing.

Redid Vol 1, decided to put in chapter separators to make it more readable.
Also did Vol. 4. That was getting long too. One solution was to really skimp on parts covered in the anime.

And Paradise Wars Vol.1
And unedited first "episode" of Vol.2 is in my sandbox. I got burned out on reading the machine stuff and haven't continued for a couple weeks now.

And added a summary of my machine read of the first chapter of GXP 15. Which really should get translated at some point. Yes, it will be covered again, but not from Airen's perspective. And once she stops whining about the desert, being invited to parties, and her boobs- she's pretty interesting.
...in my pants

So, one thing I've noticed about looking for print editions of light novels and manga that have been sitting around / bought used is the artwork inserts get ripped out somewhere along the way. Do you think it makes sense to upload lowres image captures of the first 15 or so GP novels to the Fandom pages?

If you only want to use selected images images from the novels in the Tenchi wiki, that is fine in a limited amount, but I doubt that the copyright holders like if we start hosting all of them in a single page.

Would be nice if we could instead connect readers of the Light Novel wiki pages with purchasing signed printouts of the light novel illustrations from the man himself. Wishful thinking I know, but he's probably needing some collateral right now.

June 21, 2021, 05:11:28 PM #73 Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 01:29:13 PM by Nonsuch Ned
Been months, but just for recording it in the thread:

I completed the Paradise Wars summaries on the Fandom Wiki. Reading the machine translations were a bit of a pain, but finding the details of Palty's dark past and that Shou won the contest by beating all the girls in "Strip Janken" was worth it.

Still want to touch up other GXP novel summaries. I got ones up for 16 & 17 up. Most of those machinations are super confusing, but I loved figuring out what the flash-forward chapter with Airen was about. Seina is such a Gary Stu in it.

A half done update of GXP 2 has been in my sandbox for months. [edit: finished the GXP 2 edit in early July]
...in my pants

Thank you very much for helping out so much Ned. You and the others have really drastically improved the quality of our content.