Other Works and the Tenchi Timeline

Started by EcchiOujisama, March 14, 2017, 06:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is it known how/if (I remember reading he claimed all of his stuff is interconnected somehow) some of his more obscure titles tie in with the Tenchi OVA timeline? Photon and Dual have their obvious tie-ins, and Agga Ruter happens 500 years before OVA1, but what about Anata Dake Konbanwa? Or Masquerade? It's been a long time since I've seen either one, but neither jumped out at me as belonging in the timeline or having a connection in some way. Or are there only so many interconnections and I'm overthinking this?
The official site for my translation efforts:

http://ecchioujisama.wordpress.com

The tie-in for Gosenzo/Masquerade and the sequel, Anata Dake Konbanwa, hasn't really been explained, at least that I know of, but the tenchi-ken makes an appearance in it and if I remember correct, it also loosely lies in Kajishima's eroge GAP-P.

Quote from: EcchiOujisama on March 14, 2017, 06:43:05 PM
Anata Dake Konbanwa? Or Masquerade? It's been a long time since I've seen either one, but neither jumped out at me as belonging in the timeline or having a connection in some way.

I think I remember someone saying ADK and Masquerade are directly connected, but this is the only possible Tenchi "connection" I can recall seeing.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

The two series happen in the same place and share a few characters, with ADK happening between Masquerade and Masquerade 2. At least that's the only the thing that makes sense, since Gen goes away, it's mentioned that he'll be returning soon in ADK and it wouldn't make sense for that conversation to happen after what happens at the end of Masquerade 2. Having just rewatched it Tenchi-ken's appearance makes less than no sense. There's just so much wrong with the whole thing, like it's 2 seconds of fan service attempting to trick Tenchi Muyo fans into buying the DVDs. Collecting the semen sample didn't seem to go anywhere either, the fact that it was hilarious notwithstanding.

I don't have GAP-P so I can't comment on that. Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if everything between Agga Ruter and the Tenchi is only explained in the Agga Ruter game, which I haven't had any luck in tracking down either.
The official site for my translation efforts:

http://ecchioujisama.wordpress.com

yeah i havent been able to find the aggaruter game either i mean a hard copy is like 80$ and im bot doing that... try looking through the first 5 doujins that might help if the infos there thats where it would be
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here