Shrank's visit to Earth

Started by takahata, August 10, 2019, 08:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
In one of GXP's episode, there was a reference of Shrank's visit to Earth. The DeRuma Pirate Guild had criticized Shrank's decision to go to Earth to kidnap Seina's family. Shrank's visit would have help OVA 4. OVA 4 was too focus  On Rea's and Nobuyuki's wedding and Kenshi's birth. Shrank's visit did happen before Seina's return to Earth.

It is likely that Masaki Kajishima have failed to notice the importance of Shrank's visit to Earth. While OVA 4 was the last OVA in the Ryo-Ohki series, it could have been better if Shrank's visit to Earth was included. Shrank's visit to Earth was a close call because it could have cause accidental contact. Yet, Tenchi and gang were able to stop Shrank from kidnapping Seina's family.

All I can hope for OVA 5 is focus on it being one of Ryo-Ohki's sequels. The ideal villain should be a disgruntled member of the House of Amaki.

:how: :payup: :huhm: :really:

I doubt Tarant on Earth would happen. It got glossed over in the novels because it would have no drama because we know he get beat the fuck up.I think he realized there would be little in comedic effect as well.

The most you would get out of it is showing off Ryoko being a badass.

It would be violent fan service at best.

That is just my opinion

i think they cut it to keep ova 4 breif. its clearly a season finale kinda event just for the sake of tradition.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Easy to think of it as poor decision making not including the only viable villain that late in the OVA. But perhaps they are saving him for OVA V.

Quote from: WaitoKon on August 10, 2019, 11:03:49 PM
Easy to think of it as poor decision making not including the only viable villain that late in the OVA. But perhaps they are saving him for OVA V.

lol no. hes dead
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Technically he is not dead. He was captured alive by Seina in novel 14.

He is in a hell designed by Seto herself. He wishes he was dead.

What do you mean with that Seto designed a Hell for him? Is he being systematically tortured?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

In GXP 14, when Seina captures him at the wedding there was a line about how Seto was glaring at him (Tarrant) and that he would have a punishment befitting his deeds.

:duke: Well then, we get our very first prison break supervillain.

To be fair Tarrant would be stupid enough to break out and STILL go after Seina

Quote from: Ricin on August 11, 2019, 11:20:19 PM
To be fair Tarrant would be stupid enough to break out and STILL go after Seina

he should quitwhile hes still..... a head.
get it...
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

BA DUM TISH!

He would a brain in a bot unless Seto did something so he could suffer maximally.

Futurama head, after Seto or Kiriko intercepts him enough times.

I am rather comfortable with torture in Tenchi Muyo of all things.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Shank isn't spelled with an "r".

I'm pretty certain there was never any story to be told regarding his visit. It's the same joke from OAV3: Hyper-competant and fearsome in their usual environment but woefully unequipped for this situation baddies make a very brazen move and are instantly put in their place.

Shank is scary for GP officers but to Tenchi and his wives he is as unremarkable as nearly all the suitors who came for Aeka. I don't believe he was cut from OAV4. The event is written in the novel like we should know what happened because we do.