OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

The main Paradise War cast is now all on the characters page. [spoiler]Maybe they'veve been there for a while, but I haven't been paying much attention to OVA 5. [/spoiler]Bringing the total number of characters there up to 37. Still no Tenchi babies though.

Crunchyroll released episode 1 on the same day IIRC, right? Will episode 2 be uploaded sometime today?

No they took a hot minute to sub it like a week or two after release and it's not schedualed
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on May 29, 2020, 02:26:19 PM
No they took a hot minute to sub it like a week or two after release and it's not schedualed
^ This.

As a reminder, the first episode basically popped up on Crunchy outta nowhere without any advance warning. The same will probably happen going forward, including with the second episode, and probably with the same timing.

TLDR It'll get there when it gets there. Don't sweat it. :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Ok, I waited over 2 months I can wait a little longer.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on May 29, 2020, 12:10:00 PM
Crunchyroll released episode 1 on the same day IIRC, right? Will episode 2 be uploaded sometime today?

It was about a week later. I had just finished encoding the episode I was about to send to the guy on fiverr for translation. Then BOOM Crunchy ruined all my plans

:parrot: You should just draft a solid resume on video encode expertise and get a job with them!

I have only done 1 encode and the tools make it super easy.

I did it with a POS laptop.

I should learn more about it but did not have time.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on May 29, 2020, 10:58:30 AM
The main Paradise War cast is now all on the characters page. [spoiler]Maybe they'veve been there for a while, but I haven't been paying much attention to OVA 5. [/spoiler]Bringing the total number of characters there up to 37. Still no Tenchi babies though.
And speaking of which... oh snap. They got some heavy hitters to voice Dird, Area, and Palty in particular. It's almost impossible to be an anime fan in the current era and not run into Kei Shindou, Misato Fukuen, and / or Sarah Emi Bridcutt's work somewhere. Shindou and Fukuen both voice major characters in My Hero Academia, specifically Kyouka and Himiko, while Bridcutt voices Yuzuru in Date A Live and Yuki in Testament of Sister New Devil, and while not as likely to be followed by the others here, also three characters in Kantai Collection (Yuubari, Kumano, and Suzuya).

...and that's just naming examples that everyone else here is at least somewhat aware of. I'll stop right there before this post even has the smallest chance of becoming a legitimate wall of text.

Quote from: Ricin on May 30, 2020, 07:52:56 PM
I have only done 1 encode and the tools make it super easy.

I did it with a POS laptop.

I should learn more about it but did not have time.
I can relate. Even just downscaling videos with Handbrake takes plenty of time on my laptop, but it's still very viable and the end result isn't bad.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

I found the raw online on the japanise web for those interested. check the tenchi's girls facebook page or dm me
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

highlights: much better animation much more goign on and less staticy scenes.  seto and mirror seto boucne off eachother well and jobia is greaaaaaaaaaaaaat. teenage sasami is still a precious cinamon bun.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Information about the Paradise War cast:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/cms/.160223
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: Eff Efferson on June 04, 2020, 01:37:53 AM
I found the raw online on the japanise web for those interested. check the tenchi's girls facebook page or dm me

When I copy the link it says the website doesn't exist. It's been almost a week, surprised it hasn't been uploaded to nyaa torrents yet.

No one posted episode 1 until Crunchyroll did the translation. I would expect it tomorrow at the earliest.